• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,804 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 27, 2015 - 08:02 AM

United States law enforcement officials declared in forceful terms on Wednesday that their broad investigation of FIFA had only begun and pledged to rid the international soccer organization of systemic corruption.The Justice Department, F.B.I. and I.R.S. described soccer’s governing body in terms normally reserved for Mafia families and drug cartels, saying that top officials treated FIFA business decisions as chits to be traded for personal wealth. One soccer official took in more than $10 million in bribes, Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch said.“These individuals and organizations engaged in bribery to decide who would televise games, where the games would be held, and who would run the organization overseeing organized soccer worldwide,” said Ms. Lynch, who supervised the investigation from its earliest stages.

http://www.nytimes.c...-them.html?_r=0

This is no joke too. The court that they are putting these guys in has a 93% conviction rate. You pretty much have to have undeniable evidence to get there. They haven't gotta the main guy Blatter, but the idea is the one they did get will rat him out to get a deal. 

#2 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 27, 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hope they annihilate Blatter.

FIFA has been rampantly corrupt for decades. About damn time someone does something about it.

• flota likes this

#3 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 27, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Blatter is the problem
he allows this kind of stuff, maybe even encourage it

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#4 Kevin

Kevin

Rookie

• 14 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:NVE

Posted May 29, 2015 - 09:43 AM

And Blatter gets re-elected.  SIGH

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,804 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 29, 2015 - 11:18 AM

The FBI are treating this exactly like a Mafia type case. Get the lower guys, put enough evidence on them to go away forever and wait till someone rats. Pretty sure these guys will rat a lot quicker than mobsters too. 

#6 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 30, 2015 - 10:46 AM

the whole org is full of scum
hope blatter gets whe he deserves

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 43,105 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 10:48 AM

If he doesn't, I hope UEFA at least goes through with their threat.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users