Ok, So I've only seen highlights on youtube between these two, I don't follow college basketball either, So I did some research and Jahlil Okafor seems to be the logical choice for #1...but why is Towns more popular amongst Laker fans?
Basing on Wikipedia, Okafor has tons of awards compared to towns
- NCAA champion (2015)
- Consensus first-team All-American (2015)
- USBWA National Freshman of the Year (2015)
- ACC Player of the Year (2015)
- Pete Newell Big Man Award (2015)
- McDonald's All-American Game co-MVP (2014)
- Jordan Brand Classic co-MVP (2014)
- All-Americans (Jordan, MaxPreps, McDs, Parade,USAT) (2014)
- Nike Hoop Summit (2014)
- National Player of the Year (McDs, Parade, USAT) (2014)
- IHSA Class 4A state champion (2014)
- Illinois Mr. Basketball (2014)
- Chicago Public League champion (2013)
- Chicago Sun-Times Player of the Year (2013)
- First team All-American (HighSchoolHardwood.com,USAT) (2013)
- HighSchoolHardwood.com National Junior of the Year (2013)
- FIBA Under-17 World Championship MVP (2012)
- All-State 2nd-team: Chicago Tribune (2012)
- Class 4A All-State (1st-team: Chicago Sun-Times; 2nd-team: Associated Press) (2012)
While Towns has:
- Consensus second-team All-American (2015)
- SEC Freshman of the Year (2015)
- First-team All-SEC (2015)
- SEC All-Freshman Team (2015)
- Parade All-American (2014)
So why is Towns more popular compared to Okafor both on Lakersground and this board?
Based on other peoples opinions and what I've seen on youtube, Okafor has a polished low post moves but is a terrible free throw shooter and his defensive game is shaky, While Towns is more of a complete package with assisting and defensive skills. But Okafor's upside is more greater than Towns.
Let's settle the debate.
Edited by KobeDynasty, May 20, 2015 - 12:58 AM.