Photo

NBA Western Conference Finals: Warriors (1) vs. Rockets (2)

• Please log in to reply
630 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 17, 2015 - 06:16 PM

CFUem5oWAAAR9gU.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS:

6:00PM

Watch on ESPN
GAME 1:

Edited by Majesty, May 18, 2015 - 07:55 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2015 - 07:15 PM

Want the Warriors to win this one.

They've been my favorite team to watch this season, easily watched more of their games on TNT and ESPN than Laker TWC games.

Also Kerr, I know he has a great team but I feel like he doesn't get as much credit as he should. Rookie coach that's doing a great job getting his team to buy into his philosophies.

Plus Curry is awesome, becoming my 2nd fave player.
  • bigvee likes this

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 07:42 PM

The Warriors are a really great team and organization, but if some of you lived 5 minutes away from Oracle, like I do, it is by far the most annoying thing on the planet watching them and their fans win game after game. Everywhere you go, it's Warriors this, Warriors that. I want them to lose.

Great team, great players, annoying fan base.

LeBron will take care of cry baby Dwight and the bearded idiot in the Finals so I'm not worried about him and Houston.

With all that said, Warriors in 6-7. :laughing:

• 43,917 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 08:14 PM

^ Can you really blame them though? I mean if I'm not mistaken there doesn't appear to be much to Oakland. Plus with the Raiders and Athletics never doing much, people want to feel good about something. Don't be such a party pooper man, lol.

yo.

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 17, 2015 - 09:05 PM

It's been 40 years since they won, they have a perfect right to be super excited about the possibility of winning again.

I don't get how you can hold that against the fans at all.

• lonlyamongus likes this

#6 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,610 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted May 17, 2015 - 09:07 PM

Rockets fans are now dissing us for enjoying the Clips failure, saying the Clips are still better than us.  Love it when we suck and still piss other fans off.

They should focus on getting past Curry and Warriors, instead of talking down our "irrelevant" team.

#7 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,449 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 17, 2015 - 09:08 PM

lakers fans do the same thing bruh.. do you even sports lol jk

• Busty Bluth likes this

ap1.png

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,710 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 18, 2015 - 01:11 AM

I think the Warriors will sweep the Rockets and i'm not just being a Rocket hater - although i do hate them.

#9 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 692 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 18, 2015 - 02:01 AM

I love watching the warriors play and the fact that I dislike Howard already and hate Harden's foul bait acting skills just makes it easier for me to root for the Warriors. With that being said I believe this series is up for grabs and this should be a good 6 or 7 game series. 

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,710 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 02:48 AM

I love watching the warriors play and the fact that I dislike Howard already and hate Harden's foul bait acting skills just makes it easier for me to root for the Warriors. With that being said I believe this series is up for grabs and this should be a good 6 or 7 game series. 

Really?

I think the assRockets will have a tough time getting anything going in this series. Draymond and Bogut is perfect against Dwight and Josh Smith and on the other end the defensive ability of Dwight and Smith will be wasted, since Draymond and Bogut are the 4th and 5th option offensively. Harden haven't gone against an elite defender so far in the playoffs, but against the Warriors he'll have Igoudala, Barnes or Klay on him at all times. Will be fun to see how Jason Terry will do against Curry as well.

I think it's going to be a sweep.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 18, 2015 - 03:08 AM

I wonder if Klay will keep the strategy of stopping Harden by simply not reaching.  I do know that Bogut isn't gonna be able to bully Dwight like Deandre did. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,940 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted May 18, 2015 - 03:49 AM

I hate the way Harden plays, and I think McHale perfectly compliments him. Cheap tactics. Yeah I guess it works, but nobody wants to see a guy score 30+ by making 7 shots and going 15-15 from the FT line. It's boring, he spends more time trying to get fouled than actually trying to put the ball in the hoop.

I hope Klay and Steph punish him this series. Make it rain
  • lonlyamongus likes this

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 18, 2015 - 04:00 AM

GSW dont have the physical presence to match up with the Rockets.

Defense wins Chips. The Warriors have none. Theyre game plan is to out score teams. In Finals that usually doesnt happen because you run into a team that can actually play defense.

So far GSW MVP and his side kick "Spash Bros" have had easy back court match ups in a Courtney Lee and the couldnt breath regularly, face injured Mike Conley. The Grizz dont even play a SG. Lee is a SF who didnt have half the foot speed to match up with Klay Thompson. And The Pelicans? lol they had to play 3 SGs they matched up so bad.Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans and Quincy Pondexter. PG Norris Cole was the 6th man. 4 guards to defend 2. Thats a nightmare.

But the Rockets dont have the match up problems. Now the Warriors will have to grind out wins. Something they havnt had to do all season.

The Rockets have 4 quality guards in Harden, Beverley, Terry and Prigioni.

They match up well in the back court.

And we all know the GSW front court has been outplayed in every game these playoffs. But Anthony Davis, Gasol and Randolf didnt have the back court support to cover Splash Bros.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith do and as a result they will completely control the paint against Andrew Bogut and a combo of Draymond Green/David Lee.

For their first time in the Playoffs the Warriors have match up problems now. Kerr will recognize this and play small ball. If a unsung hero like Barnes, Iggy or Barbosa hit a high % of 3s they survive. But I dont believe that will happen.

Rockets in 5

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 18, 2015 - 04:02 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

• 43,917 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 05:28 AM

^ What? Memphis was and is as physical and grind-it-out a team as it gets. They've been known to be that for years now and it's no secret. Arguably more than any other team in the league. They don't call it the grindhouse for nothing. I don't think you're giving the Warriors enough credit.

yo.

#15 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 692 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 18, 2015 - 05:44 AM

Really?

I think the assRockets will have a tough time getting anything going in this series. Draymond and Bogut is perfect against Dwight and Josh Smith and on the other end the defensive ability of Dwight and Smith will be wasted, since Draymond and Bogut are the 4th and 5th option offensively. Harden haven't gone against an elite defender so far in the playoffs, but against the Warriors he'll have Igoudala, Barnes or Klay on him at all times. Will be fun to see how Jason Terry will do against Curry as well.

I think it's going to be a sweep.

I hope you're right. I hate the rockets. I just watched a replay of their comeback, I might be a prisoner of the moment. 

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,710 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 06:02 AM

I wonder if Klay will keep the strategy of stopping Harden by simply not reaching.  I do know that Bogut isn't gonna be able to bully Dwight like Deandre did. 

DeAndre bullied Dwight?

Bogut will bully anyone and i think he will be able to get into Dwights head.

GSW dont have the physical presence to match up with the Rockets.

Defense wins Chips. The Warriors have none. Theyre game plan is to out score teams. In Finals that usually doesnt happen because you run into a team that can actually play defense.

So far GSW MVP and his side kick "Spash Bros" have had easy back court match ups in a Courtney Lee and the couldnt breath regularly, face injured Mike Conley. The Grizz dont even play a SG. Lee is a SF who didnt have half the foot speed to match up with Klay Thompson. And The Pelicans? lol they had to play 3 SGs they matched up so bad.Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans and Quincy Pondexter. PG Norris Cole was the 6th man. 4 guards to defend 2. Thats a nightmare.

But the Rockets dont have the match up problems. Now the Warriors will have to grind out wins. Something they havnt had to do all season.

The Rockets have 4 quality guards in Harden, Beverley, Terry and Prigioni.

They match up well in the back court.

And we all know the GSW front court has been outplayed in every game these playoffs. But Anthony Davis, Gasol and Randolf didnt have the back court support to cover Splash Bros.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith do and as a result they will completely control the paint against Andrew Bogut and a combo of Draymond Green/David Lee.

For their first time in the Playoffs the Warriors have match up problems now. Kerr will recognize this and play small ball. If a unsung hero like Barnes, Iggy or Barbosa hit a high % of 3s they survive. But I dont believe that will happen.

Rockets in 5

The Warriors are the best defensive team in the league and they've just beat the Grizzlies who have the most imposing physical frontcourt in the leauge. Zbo, Gasol, Koufos, Green is a much better frontcourt than what the assRockets can muster. Also, they're without Donatas Motiijuewhatshisnameas and they're without Patrick Beverly. They're playing with rookie Clint Capela as their back-up 5.

I think the biggest reason why the Rockets will lose is that the best defense in the league can zero in on Harden and Dwight and they dont really have anyone else that can do much damage offensively. Terry is fine, ditto for Prigioni, but let's not kid ourselves here. Not sure how Houston can possibly stop the Warriors either? They can try to shut down Curry and Klay, but then the Warriors have 4-6 other guys who can score (Iggy, Barnes, Lee, Draymond, Livingston, Barbosa). Dwight's talents is completely wasted against this team as well.

The Warriors destroyed them 4 times during the regular season and they'll destroy them 4 times in the playoffs.

#17 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,843 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted May 18, 2015 - 06:05 AM

Warriors in 3.25

#18 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 18, 2015 - 06:18 AM

I believe people are not being critical enough of the GSW absence of defense and inside presence. Theyre a 1 dimensional team who happen to play other 1 dimensional teams in the playoffs so far. But the Rockets are not a 1 dimensional team./ Theyre very balanced and can adapt and neutralize many things the GSW can do.

I don't usually site stats because stats dont tell a game plans story.

But the "Bigs"  match up #'s are amazingly obvious as to the GSW top deficiency vs Houston:

Andrew Bogut playoff totals: 53 points. 83 Reb

Anthony Davis/Marc Gasol Totals: 241 points, 121 Reb.

So D12, if he plays to his potential should go for 30/game easy.

The reverse side of that is the GSW Curry/Thompson combo outscored the Pelicans/Grizz back court at a pace of 4 points to 1.

But can Curry and Thompson do that vs a Harden/Terry combo? Add in Beverley whos played awesome defense and Prigioni whos been playing All Star caliber ball these playoffs? Can Curry/Thomspn 100% dominate them the way they did the past 2 series vs smalls? If they can they will win. But I dont think so. And then because the advantage the Rockets Bigs will have I see them coming out on top.

Many here would love to see D12 come up short. But we all know hes a great talent. Otherwise 9/10 Lakers fans wouldnt have been so excited when he signed with us.

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 18, 2015 - 06:21 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#19 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 18, 2015 - 09:16 AM

Lol D12 at 30 a game against Bogut. Have you seen a Warriors game? Do you know what sort of inside presence Green and Bogut really offer? Smh

GAFan has been putting down the Warriors to bring up the Hawks all damn season. Face it, the Warriors are incredibly good all around
  • LakeShow805 and Lakerace24 like this

#20 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 09:46 AM

I believe people are not being critical enough of the GSW absence of defense and inside presence. Theyre a 1 dimensional team who happen to play other 1 dimensional teams in the playoffs so far. But the Rockets are not a 1 dimensional team./ Theyre very balanced and can adapt and neutralize many things the GSW can do.

I don't usually site stats because stats dont tell a game plans story.
But the "Bigs" match up #'s are amazingly obvious as to the GSW top deficiency vs Houston:
Andrew Bogut playoff totals: 53 points. 83 Reb
Anthony Davis/Marc Gasol Totals: 241 points, 121 Reb.

So D12, if he plays to his potential should go for 30/game easy.

The reverse side of that is the GSW Curry/Thompson combo outscored the Pelicans/Grizz back court at a pace of 4 points to 1.
But can Curry and Thompson do that vs a Harden/Terry combo? Add in Beverley whos played awesome defense and Prigioni whos been playing All Star caliber ball these playoffs? Can Curry/Thomspn 100% dominate them the way they did the past 2 series vs smalls? If they can they will win. But I dont think so. And then because the advantage the Rockets Bigs will have I see them coming out on top.

Many here would love to see D12 come up short. But we all know hes a great talent. Otherwise 9/10 Lakers fans wouldnt have been so excited when he signed with us.

Holy crap, man. No disrespect, but some of these things you're saying are just ridiculous.

Dwight putting up 30 a game if he plays to his potential? When was the last time he's done either? Keep in mind Bogut/Draymond are on a whole different level defensively than Blake/DJ.

Patrick Beverely? He's been out since March. What games are you watching?

Prigioni (4 points and 2.5 apg) playing all-star caliber basketball? What?

Edited by Massacre, May 18, 2015 - 09:49 AM.

• LakeShow1o1 and Lakerace24 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users