#81 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,682 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 30, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Ugh. Didn't know there was so many Boston fans on this website.

No. It wasn't historic. It was a solid performance with 2 ints. I've seen better.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#82 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2015 - 12:54 AM

Ugh. Didn't know there was so many Boston fans on this website.

No. It wasn't historic. It was a solid performance with 2 ints. I've seen better.

Lol ok bud

#83 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,522 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted September 03, 2015 - 08:43 AM

And Brady gets off clean. Goodell is pretty stupid for thinking a judge would rule in his favor with such questionable evidence.

#84 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,134 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 03, 2015 - 09:04 AM

Really? The Seahawks are the best defense since the Superbowl winning ravens. Those seahawks made manning look average in lst years superbowl where he went 33-49 280 yards 1 td and 2 int and lost 43 to 9. Brady and the patriots were down 17 points in the 4th qrtr and brady led the game winning drive that gave the patriots the lead. Brady was 37-50 328 yards 4 touchdowns and 2 ints . What would he have to do for his game to be considered historic? Because out of 6 Superbowls that was his best game.

Lane left in 1st quarter, Thomas had a torn labrum, Sherman had a torn elbow ligament, Avril left game with concussion in the 3rd quarter. 3 of his 4 td were thrown towards the CB that replaced Lane, essentially the 4th string CB, which is also where the majority of his completions were against the same player. Good game because he won a super bowl. Was it historical? No chance in hell, the legion of boom was down key players with their other key players playing hobbled. 

As far as the ruling it is pretty upsetting after actually reading the reasons the Judge used in making his decision. I would say his rationale was absent of sound logic and other things that are easily observably in our legal system. One of his gripes was that the "detrimintal conduct" clause was too broad and overreaching in what it could cover, guess he has never read a piece of paper called the US Constitution that set the formation of a country up on broad sweeping language.

And Brady gets off clean. Goodell is pretty stupid for thinking a judge would rule in his favor with such questionable evidence.

Had nothing to do with evidence, the judge did not rule on weather Brady was involved in the alteration of footballs but rather if Goddell and the NFL had the power and right to punish Brady as they did. He ruled in favor of Brady, Judge could be a pro-union guy, a pats fan, or just someone who doesn't like the NFL. My guess is he fell in one of these three categories and it impacted his ruling because when I read his reasoning it was not as sound as I would of liked it. I mean one issue he raised was that the NFL dosen't give the players any notice in writing of what they can and can't do, or basically the rules of conduct. With this he said how could of Brady had known that there was a punishment involved in being closely related or the reason for game day equipment being altered with. Well anyone that plays sports let alone a 15+ year veteran in a sport knows you can't alter game day equipment and that be within the rules. Also when did the police ever come to my house and give me a list of the laws in my state, could I use that as a defense if I do something illegal and just plead I was ignorant and did not know what I was doing? Nope. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, September 03, 2015 - 09:11 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#85 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,654 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted September 03, 2015 - 09:11 AM

haha, so much the NFLs own brand of justice...as i said earlier in this thread, that wasn't going to hold up in a court of law

NFL to appeal

thread title changed

Posted Image

#86 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,722 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 03, 2015 - 09:57 AM

Cannot say that i am surprised. Roger is amazing.. simple amazing

#87 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted September 03, 2015 - 06:02 PM

LOL, I love to see Roger Goodell look like a buffoon.

This was a no lose situation for me.

#88 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted September 03, 2015 - 09:59 PM

How is destroying requested evidence not "detrimental conduct"?

Shady destroyed it for one of only two reasons - either he's guilty, or there were some texts with penis photos that he didn't want Giselle to see.

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#89 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 03, 2015 - 11:57 PM

Really? The Seahawks are the best defense since the Superbowl winning ravens. Those seahawks made manning look average in lst years superbowl where he went 33-49 280 yards 1 td and 2 int and lost 43 to 9. Brady and the patriots were down 17 points in the 4th qrtr and brady led the game winning drive that gave the patriots the lead. Brady was 37-50 328 yards 4 touchdowns and 2 ints . What would he have to do for his game to be considered historic? Because out of 6 Superbowls that was his best game.

Lane left in 1st quarter, Thomas had a torn labrum, Sherman had a torn elbow ligament, Avril left game with concussion in the 3rd quarter. 3 of his 4 td were thrown towards the CB that replaced Lane, essentially the 4th string CB, which is also where the majority of his completions were against the same player. Good game because he won a super bowl. Was it historical? No chance in hell, the legion of boom was down key players with their other key players playing hobbled. 

As far as the ruling it is pretty upsetting after actually reading the reasons the Judge used in making his decision. I would say his rationale was absent of sound logic and other things that are easily observably in our legal system. One of his gripes was that the "detrimintal conduct" clause was too broad and overreaching in what it could cover, guess he has never read a piece of paper called the US Constitution that set the formation of a country up on broad sweeping language.

Had nothing to do with evidence, the judge did not rule on weather Brady was involved in the alteration of footballs but rather if Goddell and the NFL had the power and right to punish Brady as they did. He ruled in favor of Brady, Judge could be a pro-union guy, a pats fan, or just someone who doesn't like the NFL. My guess is he fell in one of these three categories and it impacted his ruling because when I read his reasoning it was not as sound as I would of liked it. I mean one issue he raised was that the NFL dosen't give the players any notice in writing of what they can and can't do, or basically the rules of conduct. With this he said how could of Brady had known that there was a punishment involved in being closely related or the reason for game day equipment being altered with. Well anyone that plays sports let alone a 15+ year veteran in a sport knows you can't alter game day equipment and that be within the rules. Also when did the police ever come to my house and give me a list of the laws in my state, could I use that as a defense if I do something illegal and just plead I was ignorant and did not know what I was doing? Nope. 

Dude, it's football. No one is ever at 100% . Dont'a hightower made the game saving tackle on marshawn lynch with his right arm which he had a torn labrum on and played the whole game. Edelman basically got concussed in the last drive and still made key plays. Injuries are a part of football.

#90 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,722 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 04, 2015 - 04:52 AM

so far... Rodger Dumbell is 0-5 on all of the court cases. I cannot remember them all... Rice, Peterson, Brady, Harding and one more... 5 time loser.. He has just as many L's than POLYSYLLABILINGUAL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users