89 replies to this topic

#21 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 12, 2015 - 01:58 AM

Everyone keeps bringing up the AFC Championship game but us Colts fans know we lost regardless we got spanked.

The fans that are and rightfully so pissed are Ravens fans who came so close to eliminating the Pats the game before that.

Edited by Draztik, May 12, 2015 - 10:10 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,647 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 12, 2015 - 05:54 AM

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 NomisR

NomisR

Rookie

• 597 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Byrant

Posted May 12, 2015 - 01:35 PM

I don't care for either team or much of football but seems like the media is making this bigger than it is or I'm actually thinking this whole conspiracy is part of NFL marketing so they can stay in the sports media cycle during the NBA playoffs.  They were known to do that by scheduling the different events with the draft, combine and whatever so they can basically be in the news 12 months a year and this is part of it.  Overall though, I honestly don't believe the league originally thought it was an issue at all.  It was only made an issue because the media made it into an issue so the NFL capitalized on it.

If you look at how the balls are kepted, basically, the teams gets the balls, the QB gets used to the ball, they're suppose to be inflated to the proper pressures and then given to the league refs to secure.  And while in the league's possession, they're suppose to be tested.  And they were given to the teams before the game actually started, so it can't be too far fetched to believe that the league probably knows about it but they didn't care enough to do anything about it.  

Either way, the whole thing is stupid anyways.

#24 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 772 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted May 12, 2015 - 05:26 PM

Sean Payton must be pissed, I guess ignorance can be an excuse for Belichick

• 43,067 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 05:40 PM

So the appeal will make it two? What a joke.

yo.

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,647 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 12, 2015 - 06:28 PM

I'm pretty sure the NFL cares little, if anything, about the NBA.

Patriots broke a rule AGAIN and now they're paying for it. Smug franchise...Brady was garbage during questioning.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,182 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:22 AM

I dont think Brady should have been punished at all.

How can anyone be convicted of a crime based on a report that was inconclusive at best and a lie at worst.

The report implies that Brady may have known the balls were being released of air.

Can someone be convicted of murder because they may have killed someone?

This entire thing is ridiculous. Its just another circus. Some guy did a investigation, found no actual evidence so he failed at his goal. But he wrote a report anyway containing verbiage that can be misconstrued a plethora of different ways. And when that happens there are members of the press that will bite and report their personal skewed opinions as news while citing the reports verbiage as their reference, so they're not held accountable for reporting falsehood, slander or libel.

If their was proof Brady knew of, or was behind the incident and was ACTUALLY guilty he should be punished.

But that entire report is just a distorted allegation lacking of facts to make him appear knowledgeable.

On the personal side....he may have known....but the report doesn't state he does nor supplies actual evidence that he did.

Its just conjecture of the highest level.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#28 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 13, 2015 - 11:07 AM

I dont think Brady should have been punished at all.
How can anyone be convicted of a crime based on a report that was inconclusive at best and a lie at worst.

The report implies that Brady may have known the balls were being released of air.
Can someone be convicted of murder because they may have killed someone?

This entire thing is ridiculous. Its just another circus. Some guy did a investigation, found no actual evidence so he failed at his goal. But he wrote a report anyway containing verbiage that can be misconstrued a plethora of different ways. And when that happens there are members of the press that will bite and report their personal skewed opinions as news while citing the reports verbiage as their reference, so they're not held accountable for reporting falsehood, slander or libel.

If their was proof Brady knew of, or was behind the incident and was ACTUALLY guilty he should be punished.
But that entire report is just a distorted allegation lacking of facts to make him appear knowledgeable.

On the personal side....he may have known....but the report doesn't state he does nor supplies actual evidence that he did.
Its just conjecture of the highest level.

Exactly the media made it a big thing right after the afc championship game. Then yesterday wells said that he was paid by the millions and charged by the hour on a conference call. He took for months to find a couple of text from october by 2 disgruntled employees who even threatened to sabotage the footballs for brady. The report stating that he "more probable than not" had a general idea of what was going on turned into "brady is a cheater and he was caught red handed" by the media. Goodell rules based on how the people and media see it. Ray rice originally got 2 games and told goodell everything that happened. There was major backlash by the media and the. Once the tape was released he changed his mind and gave him the year. So what changed? He knew what happened in that elevator but didn't care. With adrian peterson, the media went crazy and he put him on something that no one had ever heard of, the "commissioners exempt list". They're saying that brady's lawyers are putting together a strong case and the suspension may be overruled completely. If brady in fact did it, then he should be punished more severely, but if it is based on a suspicion, then how can you convict someone for a suspicion.

#29 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,497 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 13, 2015 - 11:31 AM

i think there's more concrete evidence of his long term involvement than the media is leading everyone to believe.  

apparently there were texts from the patriots employee who referred to himself as "the deflator" dating back to before the season.  i read some of the texts, and bradys named was mentioned, as a was a "threat" (albeit seemingly delivered jokingly) that the person hasn't gone to ESPN...yet    

it does feel like the kind of logic that wouldn't hold up in a normal court of law however, i don't believe they've actually proved anything but that there's a 98% chance that brady was aware that this was going on, and that it's been going on for a long time

NFL can technically do what they want i guess, they're not a court of law, so they can suspend someone as they see fit.  they're probably trying to make an example to league by suspending it's so called golden boy...suspending him for 4 games is like suspending someone else for 10.  also, quick action will help to bury the story sooner than later.

• Danny and Majesty like this

Posted Image

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 13, 2015 - 11:51 AM

i think there's more concrete evidence of his long term involvement than the media is leading everyone to believe.

apparently there were texts from the patriots employee who referred to himself as "the deflator" dating back to before the season. i read some of the texts, and bradys named was mentioned, as a was a "threat" (albeit seemingly delivered jokingly) that the person hasn't gone to ESPN...yet

it does feel like the kind of logic that wouldn't hold up in a normal court of law however, i don't believe they've actually proved anything but that there's a 98% chance that brady was aware that this was going on, and that it's been going on for a long time

NFL can technically do what they want i guess, they're not a court of law, so they can suspend someone as they see fit. they're probably trying to make an example to league by suspending it's so called golden boy...suspending him for 4 games is like suspending someone else for 10. also, quick action will help to bury the story sooner than later.

That and the Patriots didn't fight it one bit.

They basically said "we didn't do it..But we accept any punishment the NFL gives to us."

Um...wha?

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2015 - 12:04 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#31 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 13, 2015 - 06:01 PM

Brady refusing to hand over his phone kind of shows he's hiding the texts that prove he knew.

If you are innocent why provide reasonable doubt in it by refusing to cooperate?
  • Majesty and PuigNotLate like this

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#32 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,132 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 13, 2015 - 06:48 PM

Pats fans get so defensive about this, and any of their past shenanigans really.
  • Majesty likes this

#33 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:20 PM

Pats fans get so defensive about this, and any of their past shenanigans really.

I honestly think what the pats have been accused of has been over blown to the maximum. I think pumping in sound has more effect to the game than what either of the oats so called scandal lol
  • Danny likes this

ap1.png

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:25 PM

Pat's fans mentality 

"Yeah they cheated but they shouldn't be punished because it didn't help as much as it should have!" 

-_-

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2015 - 07:25 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:36 PM

Pat's fans mentality

"Yeah they cheated but they shouldn't be punished because it didn't help as much as it should have!"

-_-

Let me know how a ball that is slightly less inflated help Tom Brady shred the colts defense. Let me know how it prevented the colts from stopping the running game. Let me help you, it doesn't help it any more than the balls that are over inflated. The only argument that makes sense is a fumble issue and even then.. That is a random act. But please continue the witch hunt because it's the cool thing to do

Again we are convicting the pats on nothing concrete. Tom Brady not releasing his phone doesn't mean much until I can see more out of this case. I need something more of the probably they did this or probably they didn't do that. I also want to know if they did in fact systematically do this, why? Purely preference? Why hassnt the league caught this at all? How is it possible if the balls are locked away? Why even allow legal tampering of the ball? Why no warning to the pats? Sting operation? What's the background on the colts talking to the league pregame? What's woth the two different pressure gauges?

Edited by RobBlake, May 13, 2015 - 07:43 PM.

• Danny likes this

ap1.png

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 07:49 PM

Let me know how a ball that is slightly less inflated help Tom Brady shred the colts defense. 

Let me know why they deflated the balls and cheated in the first place.

You can sit on your "it doesn't change the outcome of the game" all you want.  The fact is, they didn't believe that enough so they cheated and deflated the balls.  The Pat's winning or how much they win by is irrelevant.  Do you think there should be less outrage if the Pats won by 30 as opposed to 3?  I'm sorry but I don't think that matters when you cheat. 

Let me know why the Patriots  said they 'Didn't do it.. but accept whatever punishment the NFL throws their way."  that's pretty damning.  They knew they were caught and didn't want it to go any deeper than it did.  If the organization believed so much that it was 'nothing' like their fans seem to try to do, the organization wouldn't have basically waved the white flag before it got deeper. 

Edited by Majesty, May 13, 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#37 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 08:38 PM

Let me know why they deflated the balls and cheated in the first place.

No one gave a crap about this until it was the Pats. Quite a few QBs have openly said they had the balls scuffed or otherwise broken in the way they wanted them.

sounds to me its a common practice among qbs in the league, prob why both Brady and Manning pushed for being able to alter balls to the QB's preference.. so now tell me why its a big deal again and describe how it's cheating? just because its in the rule book? The Seahawks rape receivers every play knowing the refs won't call it every single play. Is that not cheating the system in itself? THe refs have handled brady's balls "hehe" for years and no complaint.. but now the league sees it as a problem? This doctoring of balls is ridiculous in the first place

• Danny likes this

ap1.png

#38 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,262 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 08:40 PM

So the appeal will make it two? What a joke.

so you think brady should be penalized the equivalent of a failed drug test *four games*. Thats a joke in itself

• Danny likes this

ap1.png

#39 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,547 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 13, 2015 - 09:28 PM

I think the advantage that it gives has no bearing. It's against the rules, so it should be punished. Pumping crowd noise into the Georgia Dome certainly didn't help the Falcons very much at home, but they deserved to be punished for even trying it. Rules are rules.

I don't understand why the NFL even lets the QB's pick the balls, tbh. They were asking for something like this to happen. League provides the balls, no more problem.

#40 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,547 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 13, 2015 - 09:40 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0513-story.html

Interesting stuff from AJ Feeley

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users