#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 11, 2015 - 01:49 PM

http://nypost.com/20...ats-lose-picks/

It is as expected. I thought he will be suspended for atleast 4 or 2.  I'm sure he will be appealing this and the league will only give him 2 games.  To be honest, Tom probably doesn't care. Just a longer vacation time with Gisele thats all. He already got his ring.

#2 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 11, 2015 - 02:02 PM

Should be more, tbh.

Repeated cheating in regards to the Patriots is just hilarious. What a sorry organization.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,440 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 11, 2015 - 02:13 PM

Just 4!? He'll most likely get it dropped to 2. Should have done 6-8 so after the appeal it'd be 4-6.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 11, 2015 - 02:28 PM

He got his ring.. he's happy.

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,694 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 11, 2015 - 02:40 PM

Cheatriots
  • Draztik, Majesty and flota like this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 11, 2015 - 03:23 PM

Should be more, tbh.

Repeated cheating in regards to the Patriots is just hilarious. What a sorry organization.

"spygate" was a league wide practice that the patriots continued like a year after the league decided against it, also opposing head coaches were already on record as saying there's no major benefit to  the camera angels that pats used.

A report comes out with circumstantial evidence and more of a tone that was obviously slanted  in any way to link the patriots to this devious act when multiple QB's in the league alter the ball. The ball levels didn't cause the pats to out execute the teams they needed to beat.. skill and preparation did. This is a basic witch hunt.  There is no concrete information and i'll be waiting for the pats appeal. 

ap1.png

#7 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Circumstantial evidence is more than enough to find wrong doing. Circumstantial evidence put Aaron Hernandez in prison for life.

It's pretty cut and dry. One of the trainers even referred to himself as "the deflator" in some of the texts. 

Again, whether it gave an advantage or not isn't the point. He deliberately tried to underinflate the balls. That's against the rules, whether an advantage is gained or not. 

Where there is smoke there is fire. When you are accused numerous times of cheating, when you conduct yourself with no modicum of class, I have no respect for you.

• Majesty, flota and lakerfan98 like this

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,274 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 11, 2015 - 03:58 PM

Should have been more but alright.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,479 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 11, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Funny how every time the patriots win a superbowl they get in trouble for cheating. 

#10 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,358 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 11, 2015 - 04:40 PM

Pats fans have the mindset that this is being overblown and if it were any other team blah blah blah.  What they don't realize is they're right just not for the reason they think.  They think it's because Goodell is trying to save face for previous screw ups by being tough on them not because they're repeat offenders who need to be sent a message for continuing to cheat.  Yea Pats fans you're right it's a witch hunt.  It's all a big conspiracy against you and has nothing to do with your team being synonymous with breaking the rules.  Bu bu but 45-7 Derrrppp 

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,139 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 11, 2015 - 07:08 PM

The deflating of the balls had nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but a suspension was in order because of principle. At the end of the day if you are doing something to break the rules in the attempt to give yourself a better advantage even if it wasn't needed punishment is the course of action. 

I laugh when people say there is no smoking gun. Every NFL player that has talked on this topic has said they never ever speak to the equipment manager. Not to mention the text showing there was indeed a ploy to decrease the air in the footballs, now lets think logically about this. Do you think the equipment managers just prefer to break the rules for no reason? Or do you think it was the center that told them to do it so it is easier to hike? Better yet, isn't the most logical answer the guy who touches the ball the most and needs to throw it would be the one that would want lower pressure in the ball? Not to mention Tom's answers to the questions months ago were blatant lies and showed him trying to cover it up. I am suppose to believe that a  man who for over the last decade has thrown NFL footballs doesn't know how a regular air filled football feels? Brees went on a late night show and was able to tell exactly how much PSI was in a football when given one.

Smoking gun is missing in this case, but logically all the evidence points to Tom and this is why he is getting suspended. If there was a smoking gun he would have gotten a year without a doubt in my mind. Pats lost a 1st and a 4th because the organization was clearly at fault thanks to the evidence against the equipment managers. However, this wasn't the case for Tom but why else would the managers be doing it if they weren't instructed in the slightest to do so? 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 11, 2015 - 07:14 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#12 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Circumstantial evidence is more than enough to find wrong doing. Circumstantial evidence put Aaron Hernandez in prison for life.

It's pretty cut and dry. One of the trainers even referred to himself as "the deflator" in some of the texts. 

Again, whether it gave an advantage or not isn't the point. He deliberately tried to underinflate the balls. That's against the rules, whether an advantage is gained or not. 

Where there is smoke there is fire. When you are accused numerous times of cheating, when you conduct yourself with no modicum of class, I have no respect for you.

Aaron rodgers has gone record and said that he over inflates and no one cares. Every qb does it. People who have had the patriots ruin their teams dreams just like an excuse as to why their team was beat. Same people that say "i wasn't trying" or "you only beat me because you got lucky"

#13 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:29 PM

Aaron rodgers has gone record and said that he over inflates and no one cares. Every qb does it. People who have had the patriots ruin their teams dreams just like an excuse as to why their team was beat. Same people that say "i wasn't trying" or "you only beat me because you got lucky"

First of all, you don't know me, so you don't know why I have this opinion. Secondly, I'm a casual fan of the NFL at best. I don't have anything against their team, besides them being a bunch of classless massholes that think they're above the league .Tom Brady hasn't beat my team in a meaningful game in about 11 years. FOH with the "excuse" hot take. My team would actually have to be good for him to ruin my teams dreams, and that isn't happening.

If so many other teams are doing it, why aren't there 11 footballs in every game on every team that are significantly underinflated? You know why? Because not everyone is doing it.

They didn't need to do it, but like always they do it anyway. Don't want to get punished? Don't cheat. Plain and simple. 

Edited by Mychal, May 11, 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#14 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:42 PM

First of all, you don't know me, so you don't know why I have this opinion. Secondly, I'm a casual fan of the NFL at best. I don't have anything against their team, besides them being a bunch of classless massholes that think they're above the league .Tom Brady hasn't beat my team in a meaningful game in about 11 years. FOH with the "excuse" hot take. My team would actually have to be good for him to ruin my teams dreams, and that isn't happening.

If so many other teams are doing it, why aren't there 11 footballs in every game on every team that are significantly underinflated? You know why? Because not everyone is doing it.

They didn't need to do it, but like always they do it anyway. Don't want to get punished? Don't cheat. Plain and simple. 

Lmfao why are you so defensive. It wasn't directed at you. I said "people". I don't care who your team is. My team has won 4 super bowls since 2001. Idc what other people think. And the reason the pats were caught was because the nfl set up a sting operation. The report says brady was "more probable than not" didn't say he actually knew

#15 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:47 PM

Lmfao why are you so defensive. It wasn't directed at you. I said "people". I don't care who your team is. My team has won 4 super bowls since 2001. Idc what other people think. And the reason the pats were caught was because the nfl set up a sting operation. The report says brady was "more probable than not" didn't say he actually knew

lol @ sting operation. Believe what you will. It's not like there are text messages of a trainer calling himself "the deflator".It's not like the NFL banned both trainers from ever preparing game balls again. Oh wait, they totally did. It's not like the Patriots organization didn't make McNally available for questioning. It's not like Tom Brady wouldn't allow the investigation to see his emails or texts. Oh wait, all those things happened.

What a disgrace. A Laker fan supporting a Boston team. Joke.

Edited by Mychal, May 11, 2015 - 09:50 PM.

#16 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:51 PM

The funniest thing is Robert Kraft now looks so idiotic for demanding an apology at the Super Bowl. Who the **** does he think he is? :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

#17 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:57 PM

lol @ sting operation. Believe what you will. It's not like there are text messages of a trainer calling himself "the deflator".It's not like the NFL banned both trainers from ever preparing game balls again. Oh wait, they totally did. It's not like the Patriots organization didn't make McNally available for questioning. It's not like Tom Brady wouldn't allow the investigation to see his emails or texts. Oh wait, all those things happened.

What a disgrace. A Laker fan supporting a Boston team. Joke.

Have you read the report? or is your hatred blinding you? The NFL knew about that whole thing and set it up so that the balls were tested. Did you read the text messages? They also said that they were gonna pump them up like "watermelons" and "rugby balls". The trainers have to inflate/deflate the balls and then give them to the refs. The refs then check them and fill them up to the regulation level. Also funny how walt anderson says he doesn't remember what psi they were or what gauge he used. Also that mort report of 11 of 12 footballs being down 2 psi was completely wrong as stated in the report.

#18 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:59 PM

The funniest thing is Robert Kraft now looks so idiotic for demanding an apology at the Super Bowl. Who the **** does he think he is? :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

Lol I agree that was funny. But what do you expect from these billionaire who get everything there way.

#19 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 10:09 PM

Have you read the report? or is your hatred blinding you? The NFL knew about that whole thing and set it up so that the balls were tested. Did you read the text messages? They also said that they were gonna pump them up like "watermelons" and "rugby balls". The trainers have to inflate/deflate the balls and then give them to the refs. The refs then check them and fill them up to the regulation level. Also funny how walt anderson says he doesn't remember what psi they were or what gauge he used. Also that mort report of 11 of 12 footballs being down 2 psi was completely wrong as stated in the report.

I've seen all the info there is to see. They were underinflating balls. The NFL isn't out to get the Patriots or Tom Brady in any way, shape, or form. Was the NFL out to get the Patriots after the tuck rule in 2001? Why would they be? Goodell is buddies with Robert Kraft. Tom Brady is one of the biggest money makers in the league. The attempts to hide and play ignorant are even more signs pointing that you did something wrong, whether you admit it or not.

I don't have blind hatred of anything. I can't stand their team or their fans or that entire area of the country, but I wouldn't be mad at them if they weren't always in the news for doing something that is against the rules. 

The worst part of it is they didn't need to do any of this. Brady played great with regular balls after halftime against Indy, and he was surgical against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. It's the principal of it. The deliberate attempts, over and over again through the years, of the Patriots team and coaching staff to attempt to skirt the rules, to be bigger than the game. 

Edited by Mychal, May 11, 2015 - 10:10 PM.

• Windu likes this

#20 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 10:22 PM

I've seen all the info there is to see. They were underinflating balls. The NFL isn't out to get the Patriots or Tom Brady in any way, shape, or form. Was the NFL out to get the Patriots after the tuck rule in 2001? Why would they be? Goodell is buddies with Robert Kraft. Tom Brady is one of the biggest money makers in the league. The attempts to hide and play ignorant are even more signs pointing that you did something wrong, whether you admit it or not.

I don't have blind hatred of anything. I can't stand their team or their fans or that entire area of the country, but I wouldn't be mad at them if they weren't always in the news for doing something that is against the rules. 

The worst part of it is they didn't need to do any of this. Brady played great with regular balls after halftime against Indy, and he was surgical against the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. It's the principal of it. The deliberate attempts, over and over again through the years, of the Patriots team and coaching staff to attempt to skirt the rules, to be bigger than the game. 

I agree with you 100% with your last point. Brady didn't need to do anything. With the deflated ball he was like 7-17 1 td and 1 int. with regulation psi he was like 15-17 and 2 td and 0 int and he won the superbowl also. I agree the patriots forum is filled with a bunch racists people who openly bash obama and anything regarding immigration. That's the reason I don't post over there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users