Photo

NBA Playoffs Round 2: Rockets (2) vs. Clippers (3)

• Please log in to reply
645 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 03, 2015 - 02:32 PM

TC_rocketsclippers.jpg

WESTERN CONFERENCE SECOND ROUND:

6:30 PM

Watch on TNT
GAME 1:

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,617 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 03, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Can't stand both teams.

• epicwolf, DanishLakerFan, JGuez and 3 others like this

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#3 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 03:09 PM

Can't stand both teams.

Well one of them isn't going onward.  Pretty sure the Clippers fall in the 2nd round again. Could be a 5 game series.  

• epicwolf likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,535 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 03:13 PM

Watch this be the only good series again.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,056 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 03, 2015 - 03:26 PM

I've got no problems with the Rockets.

The sooner the Clippers are gone the better.

• epicwolf and flota like this

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 04:10 PM

I've got no problems with the Rockets.

The sooner the Clippers are gone the better.

you'll get your wish in about 5 games.  

They have to play tomorrow coming off a 7 game series vs a well rested Rockets team which gives CP3 one day to recover from that hamstring injury before going back into a hard series. 

Dwight hasn't played much this year but the rest means he could go hard for 2-3 straight games before stamina becomes an issue. That could be quite the factor.  Honestly, matchup wise the only way the Rockets lose this is if Harden chokes. 

#7 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,594 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 03, 2015 - 06:44 PM

Watch this be the only good series again.

That would would be quite an accomplishment with the anticipated hacking we're all about to witness.

#8 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure about the exact stats but Harden has really struggled against the Clippers, I think every game but the last one was subpar. The difference of this series is deff Dwight, that version he showed the last series was as close to Orlando Dwight as I've seen him. If he continues and CP3 is hobbled then I can't see how the Clippers win

#9 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:12 PM

I think the Rockets will win rather easily if CP is hobbled.

Shame. This would likely go 7 if both teams were fully healthy.

There's going to be tons of smite a dwight and hacking DJ, though, which is going to put some shenanigans in this matchup.

Edited by Mychal, May 03, 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:18 PM

There's going to be tons of smite a dwight and hacking DJ, though, which is going to put some shenanigans in this matchup.

There's gonna be plenty of foul shots this series.   Between Harden, DJ and Dwight... 

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:19 PM

You know.. Real Deal predicted two years ago that the Rockets would get Josh Smith and that if they did and he was played at the 4 they'd be a finals contender. 

He's looking right.   

That plus Josh Smith is finally being played at 4 and Detroit looks like idiots now for trying to make him a 3 X_X 

#12 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:20 PM

I don't see how the Clippers can guard Harden in a 7 game series. Look at all the problems Kawhi caused him, and that's with limited touches in an isolated situation. Imagine JJ and Crawford taking turns trying to stay in front of Harden.

Houston should just let Harden iso all game. Barnes will get in foul trouble quick, then you work Dwight down low.

The Clippers should try to force the Rockets off the 3 point line and make everyone but Harden a play maker. Force someone else to beat you, if Dwight is killing you on the block - let it be. It's better than Harden dropping 30+ off his 20 FT's. 

The Rockets have point guard defense worse than the Spurs had it. Chris Paul needs to have a field day every game, no one can guard him out there.

So, the two best players on either team are gonna be handed their offensive game on a silver platter. It's gonna depend on who else steps up, can Blake continue his play with Dwight in the post?

Mark Cuban was right on one thing, Houston is an easy team to figure out. Figuring them out is one thing though, actually having the capability to take them out of their comfort zone will be a tough task for any team in these playoffs. As I said during the Mavs series, the Rockets are possibly playing the best basketball in these playoffs so far - right up there with Golden State. Harden is incredibly hard to guard, but he's no Kobe obviously, there's no back to the basket game (which would make him an unstoppable force IMO).

Gonna be a fun series, but I see the Rockets in 5. Just don't see the Clippers being strong enough mentally to keep up with Dwight down low and Harden on the perimeter along with all those shooters. The Clippers play in lapses, the Rockets capitalize on every single you make offensively and turn it into a 3 pointer in transition all game.

#13 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,594 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:21 PM

Being a Doc coached team makes me question the validity of CP3's injury. He pulled the same stunt in Boston w/ Pierce and as recently with Big Baby being wheeled off the floor. And now this? Hmmmmm......Doc loves playing the underdog role and said as such against the 6th seeded Spurs. Maybe he cant handle the pressure associated with being the favorite. He wants to take us vs the world mentality. To each their own I guess.

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 09:15 PM

Well one of them isn't going onward.  Pretty sure the Clippers fall in the 2nd round again. Could be a 5 game series.  

I think it might go 7. They match up pretty well and probably comes down to how much better Blake Griffin is than Josh Smith, which one of Dwight and DJ gets into foul trouble first (or misses the most FTs) and who the best player is between CP3 and Harden.

If CP3 is hurt, it may only go 5 though.

#15 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 03, 2015 - 09:43 PM

Read CP3 is out the first as of right now.

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 11:51 PM

Read CP3 is out the first as of right now.

Damn, that's almost a guaranteed loss, then. Too bad for the Clips.

#17 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 04, 2015 - 05:31 AM

As much as I hate the Rockets I just hope they sweep the Clippers.  

• M.X.M., GenkiSushi, LakeShow805 and 3 others like this

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,059 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 04, 2015 - 06:01 AM

I'm expecting this as well.

May be unwatchable for long stretches of the series.

But if i were coaching either team, I'd use it.

An injured CP3 is the biggest unknown for sure.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 04, 2015 - 06:20 AM

So most of you guys had the Clipps going down in 6 to the Spurs.  

I think the Clipps will have to play near perfection to win it but its possible.  Harden will get 30+ every game, the question is whether they can turn him into a volume shooter.  I can see that happening.  The real issue for the Clipps may be Josh Smith.  He can defend Griffin alot better than anyone the Spurs have, has a pretty good offensive game as well.  If he cancels Griffin out the Clipps have no chance.  Griffin has grown alot this year though, not the dunk machine he used to be, pretty good outside shooter now, average defender now, really good passer.

The Clipps will win it in 7 or lose in 6, depends on Paul's health.

Debbie Downer

#20 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 04, 2015 - 07:11 AM

I would say say the Rockets are gonna do a gentleman's sweep (4-1) but I think it is more likely to have the series go 6 games,

Paul being hurt is a very bad sign for the clips, but even at full health I would still go with the Rockets. Really think Harden has a good shot of going off every game in this series,

Should be a fun series to watch as long as we don't have minuets of a time where DJ gets fouled than Dwight gets fouled and back and fourth, that would be terrible. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users