Photo

NBA Playoffs Round 1: Clippers (3) vs. Spurs (6); Result: CLIPPERS win Series 4-3

• Please log in to reply
611 replies to this topic

#601 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,522 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 12:21 AM

Because percentages

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#602 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted May 03, 2015 - 12:44 AM

Hmm I don't know, that 2011 loss felt like Dallas was just unstoppable and we were kind of going through the motions until too late, then again everyone thought we were automatically headed to the Finals.

Dallas at the time was just the worst opponent for the Lakers.  Chandler/Dirk negated our bigs, Barea was pick and rolling us to death, their perimeter ball movement ripped us apart, and Rick Carlisle was coaching out of his mind.   There was no adjustment we could have made that would have turned around that series.

#603 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 03, 2015 - 04:13 AM

The refs, networks and league were so in the bag for the Clippers they even found a way to show the Clippers defense the last second inbounds play the Spurs were gonna run, before it happend. it was disgusting. Paul received foul shots that were totally undeserved that kept the clips in the 4th. It was pretty obvious. The officiating in the 4th quarter of game 7 was about as genuine as the Mayweather Pacquiao fight.
  • MysticBlu~ and flota like this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#604 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,043 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 03, 2015 - 05:11 AM

That false buzzer was a tough one with the Clippers getting a chance to see the setup of the Spurs. The owner and Coach Pop flipping out on the guy was priceless. Tough play tho, Matt Barnes was the X Factor today on both ends and made the game winning defensive play.

When i saw that i thought Wow, thats something i expect of the celtics at home V Lakers.

Should ABSOLUTELY cost the guy his job, and if i was Adam Silver i'd be demanding that.

Not that Spurs couldve converted that play without the preview of it, but unacceptable imo.

I wanted Clippers to win series. But for it to come down to that after everything that preceded it, just amazing.

Besides, Always thought the away team goes for the win on a last second shot, not the tie.

Agree on 3 pointer for the win

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#605 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 06:01 AM

The clippers played hard and never gave up
But the refs bailed them out on way too many missed shots
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#606 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,043 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:51 AM

Also thought the story of the game was gonna be Spurs incredible number of offensive boards in the last few minutes.

They had like 10 shots on 3 possessions. 

But Clips prevailed so i guess its a non-story

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#607 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 03, 2015 - 08:54 AM

Ew Rockets vs Clippers

Don't like both teams but if I had to choose.

Rockets > Clippers

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#608 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 09:12 AM

I must say i'm surprised that the damn Clippers won. After the Spurs were up 3-2, i thought they would finish them off in 6. But they didn't.

Dont know exactly what the main reason was. I know the Clippers are better than they're given credit for, i know that CP3 can be insanely good at times and i dont think the Spurs really had an answer for Blake either. But i trusted the Spurs' infrastructure i suppose, but perhaps were a bit worse than given credit for. Looking back i think that loss to the Pellies perhaps was quite revealing. I mean, that game was about homecourt advantage in the first two rounds, and if they really were an elite team, they never would have lost that game - to an 8th seeded Pellies.

#609 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,200 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 09:48 AM

What was chris paul saying when he said "finally"??? Did they win the championship already?

#610 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 1,174 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 03, 2015 - 02:11 PM

I don't think ima watch a clips and houston series bleh lol

#611 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 03, 2015 - 02:22 PM

What was chris paul saying when he said "finally"??? Did they win the championship already?

"Finally" out of the 1st round =P 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#612 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,473 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 04, 2015 - 12:15 PM

Because the Clippers is a team that I don't want to represent basketball. They flop, they are mostly flash and celebrate like they won the championship after one good play and they cry and complain like no other.

I can respect the Spurs from a basketball perspective but I have not respect for the Clippers from any perspective.

I agree 100%. And now you can watch them get destroyed starting tonight :) And then after, you can watch the Warriors destroy the rockets :) All will be fine my man don't worry neither the rockets or clips are gonna win barring a catastrophic injury to the warriors. And now we don't have to worry about the spurs winning again! It all works out.

Edited by LakersChamps243, May 04, 2015 - 12:16 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users