Photo

NBA Playoffs Round 1: Clippers (3) vs. Spurs (6); Result: CLIPPERS win Series 4-3

• Please log in to reply
611 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:04 PM

Diaw's been useless tonight.  Should be taking Blake into the post. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#42 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:06 PM

Pop needs to not only make adjustments defensively, but he needs to motivate that squad of his to be tougher down low

#43 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:07 PM

Danny Green is just useless right now...horrible!

#44 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:08 PM

That and 1 Duncan gave Griffin really killed there momentum. 

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:09 PM

They've not had an answer for Kawhi all night, I'd really like to see the offense move through him a bit more. 

Pop needs to not only make adjustments defensively, but he needs to motivate that squad of his to be tougher down low

Guess that comes with missing Splitter.  Or at least him not being full game worthy yet.  They're gonna have to adjust to that and Diaw is gonna need to have some big games because they're gonna miss the defensive presence as Duncan can't anchor everything in this scenario. 

Edited by Majesty, April 19, 2015 - 09:12 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#46 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:11 PM

Pop throwing in the towel. Awful game by the spurs. I still think they will win it though. 

• lildvl10 likes this

#47 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:12 PM

Was not expecting this beatdown.

Griffin dunking on Haynes has been niceee.

#48 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:14 PM

It's funny how the Clippers are jumping up and down on every made shot like they won a championship ring already. Also, there starters will get burned out moving forward because they are spending a lot of energy already and this is just the first game.
  • Majesty likes this

#49 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,264 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:15 PM

spurs just need to steal one from them.. i think the clippers is a bad match up for them like the mavs lasy year.. but eventually spurs will win the series

#50 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:18 PM

Just look at Paul right now. He is lunging over knees and this is just the first game. Doc better be careful or rlse they will get burned down by the 2nd round

#51 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 09:45 PM

Spurs guard Tony Parker told Yahoo his ankle feels "so-so" but he expects to be fine.

plenty of rest for him since game 2 is on Wednesday.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, April 19, 2015 - 09:45 PM.

#52 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 19, 2015 - 10:06 PM

It's funny how the Clippers are jumping up and down on every made shot like they won a championship ring already. Also, there starters will get burned out moving forward because they are spending a lot of energy already and this is just the first game.

Never have I seen a team enter the playoffs with celebration like that that ended up winning everything. Level of focus is everything, childs play gets in the way of what the big boys are there to do. 

#53 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 11:22 PM

Exactly! It reminds me of the Miami Heat before they won back to back titles. They were celebrating and fist pumping every big play like they won the championship ring already. Little they know that it takes a lot of focus to win the big title.

The Clippers won tonight because of their great effort and the Spurs horrible shooting performance. But what happens when the Clippers effort is not there or they start to get tired because of their constant jump up and down on every single play? That's why nobody believes in the Clippers because they rely on style points instead of basketball execution. That's another reason why other NBA teams dislike them. It's like trying so hard to be flashy instead of just playing basketball.

#54 TimmyB20

TimmyB20

Rookie

• 67 posts
  • Name:Tim

Posted April 20, 2015 - 01:37 AM

I totally agree. Clippers won't win this series, because thy aren't deep enough. Thing I love about the Spurs is every man on that team can play effective minutes....guys like Baines, Joseph, and even Bonard. This is because they get good playing time minutes during the regular season.....a great strategy by Pop. Clips only really have Crawford off the bench(Docs kid is horrible). Believe me, in a very competitive long series......that depth catches up with u.

#55 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,062 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted April 20, 2015 - 04:42 AM

Considering no one anywhere picked the clips to win series, and they DO have home court, and TP may be playing on a messed up wheel the rest of the series limiting his and the spurs effectiveness, and they took game 1...I like the clippers chances.

Side note: Can't believe the Spurs love from this forum.

Since they have been the lakers 2nd biggest rival since most here became fans. WTF?

I like the way they play and what theyve done the last 20 years, but im fine with them being embarrassed with a 1st round loss coming off a championship

Edited by kball, April 20, 2015 - 04:43 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#56 TimmyB20

TimmyB20

Rookie

• 67 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:01 AM

If ur a laker fan, who do u hate more??? The clippers or the Spurs??? Easy choice. And we all wanna see good basketball! We have all seen how this clipper thing goes. They're a regular season team. The only player on that team we like, is CP3(speaking from a Kobeesque point of view! Lol!)

#57 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:25 AM

If ur a laker fan, who do u hate more??? The clippers or the Spurs??? Easy choice. And we all wanna see good basketball! We have all seen how this clipper thing goes. They're a regular season team. The only player on that team we like, is CP3(speaking from a Kobeesque point of view! Lol!)

Clippers. They will lose the next game and will be out in the first round.  

#58 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:54 AM

The lack of any objectivity from a bunch of knowledgeable posters here is amazing.  Behind the Lakers, my second favorite team is the Spurs, because I love to see the game played the right way.  But tonight, you got to hand it to the Clipps.  They got after it.  They shot well, they defended well, they hustled.

I dont know if they can win the series but it will be alot more competitive than the last time they got wiped out by the Spurs in the POs.  

Of all the first games, the Clipps win was the most impressive to me.

Debbie Downer

#59 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,062 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted April 20, 2015 - 06:36 AM

For me its the Spurs. By a long mile.

Hate them, but also love the way they play. Begrudging respect i would call it.

Model franchise that has spawned many good and well respected coaches and executives.

Also love grumpy Pop. One of the best leaders ive ever seen.

Still hate them though.

And i was so happy when Pop blew it in 2013 finals by being too cute with his sub pattern.

Plus, I think the rise of the clippers puts more pressure on our FO to get their s#!tt together sooner.

So there's that

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#60 TimmyB20

TimmyB20

Rookie

• 67 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 07:25 AM

I've been watching NBA playoff bball for looooong time, and if there is ever a game in a series that tends to be an outlier, it's game 1s. The first game is what a good coach will use to sorta determine the way to attack the opposing team....kinda get a feel for what the other coach is game planning. That's when NBA coaching is at its best, when ur forced to make adjustments on adjustments. I noticed the D Jordan did a lot of roaming and "playing safely". Pop will expose that. The Spurs are way too deep, and their ball movement is too superior to have a guy predictably roam around on defense. Tony Parker also needs to be more effective. When he comes off that rub screen, he needs to have 100% confidence in that 18-20 jumper, like he had last year. I'm a shooter myself, so I really notice the hesitancy. I believe that will change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users