25 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 28, 2015 - 08:19 AM

Yep, I am loving it so far. Two big compliants is I hate the fact you need to see the command prompt to interact with anything, very annoying when you have to be at such a specific angle to get something to actually register. Also the combat seems pretty stiff to me at times, dodging back always puts you out of range, while dodging to the sides allows for a quick counter attack normally they just jump back and counter you. IDK the mechanics for fighting just seem like they could use some tightening. 

Have already sunk around 15+ hours into the game though, other than those gripes I am having a great time. Can't wait for my build to really take shape and have Geralt be more of a badass combat wise. 

Well the tip is to dodge to the side most of the time when you fight an enemy one on one and use defense guard as much as possible.  A lot of people likes to do the roll out since it looks like you be avoiding the enemy from afar but like you said, you have to run back and attack them.  Only use the roll when you are surrounded by enemies.

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 28, 2015 - 08:22 AM

The only thing I don't like about   the game so far is most of the armor look so cheesy.  Looks like I'm from the circus or something  :o)   the witcher 2 have better looking armor.  Other than that, game is amazing as expected.  Sometimes getting all the question mark seems irrelevant since most of the question marks are bandit camps and gull pits

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 28, 2015 - 11:24 AM

The only thing I don't like about   the game so far is most of the armor look so cheesy.  Looks like I'm from the circus or something  :o)   the witcher 2 have better looking armor.  Other than that, game is amazing as expected.  Sometimes getting all the question mark seems irrelevant since most of the question marks are bandit camps and gull pits

I know exactly what you mean about the armor. I mean the first armor set you get makes Geralt look like a bad ass, but after that every set makes you look goofy. I mean one armor set I had looked like Geralt gained a beer gut and was out of shape. In any 3rd person game where your going to be looking at your character for 100 hours or so I really get upset when they don't give you the customization to make them look appealing. Like give me dyes or something that lets me customize the color scheme. I mean right now I got blue gloves and some dark green and blue torso armor. Just makes no damn sense aesthetic wise.

Also I have only run into light armor and medium armor, but no heavy yet. I don't care much since I plan to use light armor to make Geralt as nimble as possible, not to mention light armor helps stamina regen. Wonder if heavy armor comes in at late level I am only 15 so haven't seen some yet. Also I believe the max level is 70, I am just wondering how much of a beast during fights Geralt will be after equipped with all the skills. 

Also I got the new patch it came out yesterday I think, and still having some minor bugs. Like when I fast travel somewhere the minimap on the hud is just dark for a few seconds before I run around then it fills out. Also sometimes when I approach an NPC to talk to them no prompt is given to me to talk to them, I then have to mediate for an hour than it gives me the prompt. Nothing game breaking but its annoying that the core of this game is so fantastic but the bells and whistles could use some smoothing out.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 28, 2015 - 11:26 AM.

• epicwolf likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 03, 2015 - 03:46 PM

Life sucks for me.

I love RPGs I need to get this before fallout 4 us released
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#25 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 20, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Just beat it, the second half of the game seemed to go by pretty fast. Then again probably because I spent a lot of time doing all the side quest before doing any of the story. Ended at like level 36 and had a good ending for Ciri which was good. Fun game, well worth the 60 bucks because I easily had 80+ hours of time sunk into that game. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#26 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 826 posts

Posted June 20, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Just got this game. I haven't played it yet. But I looked up the first 2 titles at youtube to get a bit of background before starting this game. It looks very good judging from the previous 2 stories and a lot of people claiming it has a bigger world than gta 5 or skyrim, which is good. Looks like I will have a divided time of playing either BF4 or this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users