For people who never played any Witcher game, here are things that can help people get the idea of what the witcher game is about and what NOT to expect out of this game.
1. Please whatever you do, do not going into this game expecting it to be like Dragon Age or Skyrim. I have no idea why people keep on comparing this game to skyrim or dragon age. Is it because of the medieval theme? This game is more like Legend of Zelda. And for God sake do not bring up bloodborn with comparison. You CANT create your own character so don't expect or complain that you can't create characters here. You play as Geralt and thats it. When developer compared the world to Skyrim, it doesn't mean they comparing the two games. All they do is compare the world not the game itself.
2. A very mature theme. Not because of the violence even though it has more gore and realistic grusomness than other action adventure game. It is mature because of the sexual scenes you will encounter on your quest and plenty of curse words. Geralt is a casanova and he tends to want sex almost every hour or 30 min. He will do any hot chick you see in the game and since every sorceres you see in this game looks like a victoria secret model popping cleavage everywhere, he tend to want to get tail a lot. The sexual scenes are like like hentai soft porn at times. You can see tities and a part of the pupic hair. Not anything hardcore though but definitely not for kids. So if you have kids, don't play this in front of them. (but parents play GTA in front of their kids anyway so whatever).
3. Decisions in the game will affect the outcome of the game. They said its like a Mass Effect style game but to be honest, this game will give you 30 different endings while mass effect give you 3 crappy endings that is all pretty much the same. So its a lot better than mass effect in terms of the choices you make in the game. So unlike dragon age and skyrim where there arent much of a story to go by (especially skyrim), this game became popular because of the story and the books. So story is a huge factor in this game.
4. Do not rush through this game. Yes I know the 200+ hours can be pretty scary at times and like me I dont have 200+ hours of gameplay like i used to when I was young. However, this is not the type of game you can rush through. Believe it or not but many side quest can affect the main story also. I made a mistake by rushing through the witcher 2 and I got a pretty crappy ending. I replayed it and took my time and i had a much better ending. And the witcher 2 doesnt many 30 endings like this one. It only has 4 endings if I was correct. So the side quest can be very important. You might need to put in atleast 70 hours to get a full taste of this game.
5. Fighting System. From what I see so far with the gameplay, the fighting system is kind of the same as the witcher 2. I need to see how the upgrades and leveling up is like for this game. The tip of being good at this game is easy. Learn to use your signs correctly. Aard, Yrden, Ignis, QUen, and Axii. This is not a simple hash and slash game. Someimtes you need to know how to use the correct potions and signs to beat a boss or an enemy. While this game is not hard like dark souls or bloodborn, the challenging part is knowing when to use magic and potions.
Edited by epicwolf, May 11, 2015 - 06:22 AM.