25 replies to this topic

#21 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,940 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 17, 2015 - 04:42 PM

I've never understood how someone can say HGH (or any PED for that matter) doesn't have much of a use for the NBA. Have you never played basketball? Because that's the only way anyone could think that. It's a career that is 100% about physical performance with millions of dollars at stake, of course there's a use for PEDs. Such a joke, of course players are using, wake up.

I always think back to what D-Rose said a few years ago:

"In one of those quickie Q and A's ESPN Mag likes to run every-however-often-they-publish, Rose was asked to rate the NBA's problem with PEDs on a scale from one to ten. He classified it as a "seven," and then dropped this:
"It's huge and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person."

Why on earth would he lie about a steroid problem in the league?

Edited by Jay Cee, April 17, 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:31 PM

^^ If anyone could use them in recovery it probably would be him aha

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted April 18, 2015 - 09:07 AM

HGH is something your body naturally produces whey protein is not that. This is the big difference of the two, one is just a powdered form of what you get from eating steak, while the other is something that is produced in your pituitary gland.

Sure you have to still lift weights to build muscle on HGH but you do it a hell of a lot faster. Lifting weights is easy, the hard part is doing for years and staying committed but with HGH you don't need to be a gym rat for 3 years to get swole but rather a few months will do it.

As far of it being safer, HGH is not very well tested and its side effects really aren't well known yet. Don't forget at one time radio active elements were put into face creams and shampoos because of their "healing" benefits, but that turned out to be very very wrong. HGH already has some potnetial life threatening side effects, and could be much more damaging if used for extended periods.

You seem so gun ho about HGH how come you never took steps to get any? If you put it in the same category as whey protein it seems as if you would be for taking it. I know most hgh you need a prescription for but getting your hands on it really isn't that hard if you look around, also I believe there are some legal means to obtain it as well. However, the legal HGH stuff isn't nearly as potent as what a Doc could get you.

So how is taking something that your body produces any different than taking something like whey protein?

So what your saying is taking whey protein isn't easier than eating let's say a steak. You can double your protein intake and cut your calories in half because of whey protein. Seems like an advantage to me. Makes it significantly easier to build muscle and limit fat gains

Significantly. Seems like an advantage to me.

Hgh is expensive. That's why I don't take it. I'm not a professional athlete nor am I a proponent of hgh. People like to be very selective in what advantages they allow and disallow, taking hgh is no different than taking caffeine. Caffeine attaches itself to molecules in your brain that cause tiredness and prevents their reproduction

How is that not performance enhancing?

Whey protein is synthetic protein in which you can have 30g of protein at 150 calories. The equivalent of 30g of protein in a steak is about 400 calories

How is that not an advantage?

i could go on and on. Synthetic creations made to improve athletic performance. People are fools if they think people who take hgh don't work as hard as those who don't. If anything they may work harder because they are already willing to take the risk of taking it.
Posted Image

#24 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,869 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 03, 2015 - 05:17 AM

And why are they announcing it? They should just go ahead and do it.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 03, 2015 - 07:12 AM

To warn people obviously :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#26 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 183 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted May 04, 2015 - 04:42 PM

Courtesy to LeBron

• lonlyamongus likes this

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users