• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2015 - 11:43 AM

The NBA and the NBPA announced that blood testing for HGH will commence under the league's anti-drug program starting next season.

NBA and NBPA announce that blood testing for human-growth hormone will be part of the league's anti-drug program beginning next season.

First violation for a positive HGH test will result in a 20-game suspension. Second violation: 45 games. Third violation: dismissal from NBA

Edited by Lakersfan1211, April 16, 2015 - 11:44 AM.

#2 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 989 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2015 - 11:49 AM

Don't worry lebron the league won't test you 

• pkflyers, LakersGAFan, epicwolf and 1 other like this

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 16, 2015 - 12:24 PM

wow three strikes and your gone

ap1.png

#4 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 16, 2015 - 12:36 PM

LBJ is screwed.

• pkflyers, UNLABORED FLAWLESS and epicwolf like this

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,591 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 16, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Meh, I don't think there's much use in the NBA. If there is, then it's likely for recovery, not strength boost, which I have no problem with as a fan.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 16, 2015 - 01:05 PM

Meh, I don't think there's much use in the NBA. If there is, then it's likely for recovery, not strength boost, which I have no problem with as a fan.

neither does Mark Cuban. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted April 16, 2015 - 05:50 PM

Good, I doubt there is any candidates for HGH,but good nonetheless. 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 16, 2015 - 08:17 PM

See I have the same feeling even for Baseball. Hell I don't even care if they take it to make themselves better who doesn't like seeing more homeruns.

The problem with making it right to use in any form you put some at a disadvantage. For example HGH can be a dangerous substance to mess around with and could have some pretty bad side effects. For that you shouldn't make it right to use in any form because the guys who are actually smart enough to not put their health at risk will be at a severe disadvantage if you had guys hitting rehab right after a few testosterone shots. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 16, 2015 - 08:18 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 17, 2015 - 03:01 AM

Half the league is screwed. Expect the players physical forms to degenerate back to 1980s prowess. Everyone turned a blind eye on the fact that todays players are 35% heavier with 50% less body fat in 3 generations. But the reality is evolution doesn't work that fast. I hope the FO takes the steroid testing over board. Because theres way to many players breaking records that when you compare theyre collegiate pictures of a few years prior to theyre current NBA pics theyve almost doubled in mass. 

Theres also a form of HGH that isnt designed to add mass but increases ones eye to hand reaction processing time. I expect 8 of 10 PGs to be on this now a days. Just my assumption. But like I said....evolution doesnt happen in 30 years.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,535 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted April 17, 2015 - 05:08 AM

Thought Hedo already got busted/suspended for this couple years back?

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 07:01 AM

Half the league is screwed. Expect the players physical forms to degenerate back to 1980s prowess. Everyone turned a blind eye on the fact that todays players are 35% heavier with 50% less body fat in 3 generations. But the reality is evolution doesn't work that fast. I hope the FO takes the steroid testing over board. Because theres way to many players breaking records that when you compare theyre collegiate pictures of a few years prior to theyre current NBA pics theyve almost doubled in mass. 

Theres also a form of HGH that isnt designed to add mass but increases ones eye to hand reaction processing time. I expect 8 of 10 PGs to be on this now a days. Just my assumption. But like I said....evolution doesnt happen in 30 years.

As the saying goes if you're not cheating you're not trying. 

#12 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,758 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:18 AM

RIP dwight howard Playoff Chances:2015-Retirement
  • epicwolf likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#13 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 17, 2015 - 09:34 AM

100% I believe it is for recovery used from injuries.  I have no doubt that a lot of players including LBJ and Kobe uses some kind of HGH or steroids to recover from injury.  A lot of people are still ignorant about steroids.  There are legal steroids out there that doctors let patient use to recover from injuries. 

• bigvee likes this

#14 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,591 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 10:29 AM

For all the people thinking LeBron's seriously on a growth hormone to advance his strength, you have absolutely no clue how that works.

lebron-james-.jpg

dwight-howard-abs.jpg

If you really think that there's something unnatural going on there then you have absolutely no clue how a steroid works. 

If you're just sour that some of these players that you don't like are amazing, then that's one thing. But to dismiss someone's hard work and dedication to the game by saying they're getting advanced treatment that no one else is getting is just disrespectful. I'm not sure if you guys even watch the game, but LeBron has sat out this year basically because his body is breaking down, Dwight rarely even sees the basketball court anymore. 

• PuigNotLate likes this

#15 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,415 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted April 17, 2015 - 11:39 AM

Dwayne Wade to announce retirement soon.

• Mr Terrific likes this

hR3rI.png

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 17, 2015 - 12:13 PM

dm_130620_dwight_howard_image.jpg

939px-Dwight_Howard.jpg

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#17 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,591 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 12:37 PM

You've never seen the inside of a gym if you think that's not natural lmao

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 17, 2015 - 01:24 PM

You've never seen the inside of a gym if you think that's not natural lmao

I heard black people can just look at the weights in the gym and their muscles just grows

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,769 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 02:19 PM

Hgh isn't just for lifting. Nor does it mean you'll be huge. Also doesn't mean any of those guys have taken them. Also common misconception is hgh usage=no hard work

False. In order for the hgh to do anything you have to actually lift still and put in the work. It just provides a boost which I have no problem with. If I could afford it I'd use it. It's signficantly safer than steroids.

And again people act like hgh will build you muscle while sitting on the couch

To me hgh is no different than whey protein, or advanced weight lifting equipment. It's all an advantage

You want to take away advantage. Tell athletes they can only do body weight exercises and use no protein or any other traditional muscle building supplement
Posted Image

#20 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted April 17, 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hgh isn't just for lifting. Nor does it mean you'll be huge. Also doesn't mean any of those guys have taken them. Also common misconception is hgh usage=no hard work

False. In order for the hgh to do anything you have to actually lift still and put in the work. It just provides a boost which I have no problem with. If I could afford it I'd use it. It's signficantly safer than steroids.

And again people act like hgh will build you muscle while sitting on the couch

To me hgh is no different than whey protein, or advanced weight lifting equipment. It's all an advantage

You want to take away advantage. Tell athletes they can only do body weight exercises and use no protein or any other traditional muscle building supplement

HGH is something your body naturally produces whey protein is not that. This is the big difference of the two, one is just a powdered form of what you get from eating steak, while the other is something that is produced in your pituitary gland. 

Sure you have to still lift weights to build muscle on HGH but you do it a hell of a lot faster. Lifting weights is easy, the hard part is doing for years and staying committed but with HGH you don't need to be a gym rat for 3 years to get swole but rather a few months will do it. 

As far of it being safer, HGH is not very well tested and its side effects really aren't well known yet. Don't forget at one time radio active elements were put into face creams and shampoos because of their "healing" benefits, but that turned out to be very very wrong. HGH already has some potnetial life threatening side effects, and could be much more damaging if used for extended periods. 

You seem so gun ho about HGH how come you never took steps to get any? If you put it in the same category as whey protein it seems as if you would be for taking it. I know most hgh you need a prescription for but getting your hands on it really isn't that hard if you look around, also I believe there are some legal means to obtain it as well. However, the legal HGH stuff isn't nearly as potent as what a Doc could get you.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 17, 2015 - 03:56 PM.

• Majesty likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users