5 replies to this topic

#1 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:23 PM

who knows about this dude? Just saw him for the first time and i fell in love with his whole vibe. Awesome dude

ap1.png

#2 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:35 PM

He's incredible. The whole Detroit hip hop scene is great.

Been listening to him since about 2008 I think. He's a really dope producer, but not a bad rapper either. His first two albums are awesome, and he's done a lot of production work for a lot of artists that is really dope as well. The EP he did with Danny Brown is short but super dope.  I think he's in my top 10 plays on Last.fm

"Action" and "try" are my two favorite songs by him, I think.

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:40 PM

He's incredible. The whole Detroit hip hop scene is great.

Been listening to him since about 2008 I think. He's a really dope producer, but not a bad rapper either. His first two albums are awesome, and he's done a lot of production work for a lot of artists that is really dope as well. The EP he did with Danny Brown is short but super dope.  I think he's in my top 10 plays on Last.fm

"Action" and "try" are my two favorite songs by him, I think.

I just barely heard of this dude when I saw him at some local music festival thing.. he totally killed it with a live band. Solid rapper, awesome lyrical themes and the music is so vintage sounding. He also has a great stage presence . I was able to take a pic with the dude and he was totally humble and laid back

ap1.png

#4 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:45 PM

I just barely heard of this dude when I saw him at some local music festival thing.. he totally killed it with a live band. Solid rapper, awesome lyrical themes and the music is so vintage sounding. He also has a great stage presence . I was able to take a pic with the dude and he was totally humble and laid back

Yeah man, he's definitely one of the best producers around today. His style reminds me of J Dilla, who was another Detroit producer/rapper that was a big influence on Black Milk.If you like the vintage sound, Black Milk's first album, Popular Demand, is a lot of vintage, motown soul samples. His second album is a lot more electronic inspired, but still really dope. 

That whole scene is dope asf. Elzhi, Guilty Simpson, Danny Brown, Phat Kat, Slum Village, One Be Lo, etc.... Lots of dope rap. 

#5 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Yeah man, he's definitely one of the best producers around today. His style reminds me of J Dilla, who was another Detroit producer/rapper that was a big influence on Black Milk.If you like the vintage sound, Black Milk's first album, Popular Demand, is a lot of vintage, motown soul samples. His second album is a lot more electronic inspired, but still really dope. 

That whole scene is dope asf. Elzhi, Guilty Simpson, Danny Brown, Phat Kat, Slum Village, One Be Lo, etc.... Lots of dope rap. 

Thanks bro, i'm def gonna check it out.. i've been out of the loop in the hip hop game.  I'm really surprised he hasn't blown up yet to super stardom.. he's that talented 

ap1.png

#6 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 12:54 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users