Photo

im tired of laker nation and its loser mentality no more saving pennies we spend to win

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 424 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted March 30, 2015 - 10:02 AM

I'm tired of fans putting up with the disgusting moves this team is pulling. In my lifetime I never thought laker fans would want to tank and save money for 2016 ( its a joke to even think we have a chance at Durant) yes I know we over spent on Kobe dwight left Nash screwed us over we should have Chris Paul but we r making dumb choices. This is a franchise who always made the big trades sitting still was not accepted. With all the trades that went on we couldn't make a move be the third team in a trade. We r going to be losers next year with this mentality. Guys like Isaiah Thomas wanted to be a laker and we couldn't sign him mcw was available rondo green dragic come on we need to make changes take risk on players. We let pau and Dwight go for nothing that has to stop and now that we let another great laker take control in new York its gonna be hard to beat him out for free agents. But we need to spend this summer I would go for Munroe, Aldridge, gasol all pretty unlikely but we can get nice pieces to build r team back up rondo at the right price he gives us the defense at pg we just have not had him and Kobe will gel and clarkson can shine at SG backup pg. Brandon Knight Reggie Jackson or trade for Jennings deandre Jordan Roy hibbert both can make a difference. Hopefully we will land a draft pick but if were let's say number 4 and then players not a sure thing package it and trade for a star.

Its a good sign guys like love want to play for the Lakers we will see how okc and clevland end there season sign love trade a top 5 pick and a package for Westbrooke this is a move Lakers used to make. We don't rebuild we reload

http://www.google.co...15 laker rumors

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,207 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 30, 2015 - 10:53 AM

Welcome to reality bro. You left out 1 very significant point though. Jerry Buss is not the owner anymore. The end game...is dont expect any of what you suggested to happen. Dont even expect similar player acquisitions.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 30, 2015 - 10:54 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#3 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,088 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 30, 2015 - 11:52 AM

This thread is so off bases...

The Lakers attempted to strike it big, they simply swung and miss when trying to obtain Dwight and Melo.  You complain that they haven't made the proper trades but heck, who the hell wants any of the players on this current roster aside from Clarkson and Randle???

The minute the new CBA was established, it was specifically set out to restrict big market teams like the Lakers from dominating.  Prior to the CBA, the Lakers threw money at players and were able to dominate both the game as well as the market.  However, the new CBA has many limitations and restrictions and for that reason, the playing field is much more even as even the smaller markets are able to obtain their fair share of superstars.

1)  Even if we obtained guys like Isiah Thomas last year, he's simply a role player at best and would have only hindered the team as we wouldn't be in a position to obtain a top 5 pick.

2) MCW was never available so I don't know why you made that remark.  For trade yes, but LA had nothing to offer.

3) The Lakers offered Pau a 2 year, 20+ million dollar contract and he was smart enough to refuse and take a significantly smaller sum of money in order to compete.  The Lakers tried to trade him numerous times, but his value at the time was very minute with his large expiring contract that people didn't want to pay as well as the fact that he had suffered a multitude of injuries.

4)  You mention all these names yet fail to realize that in today's market, it's not nearly as simple to acquire a free agent by throwing money at them as it once was.  Often times, alot of young talent and players are RFA such as Brandon Knight and their current teams will simply match the offer.  

5)  "We don't rebuild we reload" 

That statement right there is a joke.  The Lakers MUST rebuild as there is nothing to reload upon... No one organization nor franchise can dominate a league forever.  When you have Kobe Bryant, one of the greatest players ever on his last legs and is about to walk from the game, you have to rebuild.

• HQLLYWQQD and BasketballIQ like this

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,720 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 30, 2015 - 12:38 PM

Lakers aren't cheap. They just arent making good moves. Can't see one instance where lakers don't want to spend. They don't want to fill the salary cap with crap talent. If there was no salary cap I can assure you lakers would be well over the 100 mil mark every year. 

#5 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,604 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2015 - 03:36 PM

Who do you want them to sign? .. and what superstars are willing to sign with this roster?

I'd rather them be "cheap" then run out of cap space signing scrubs.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#6 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,311 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted March 30, 2015 - 09:37 PM

Never mistake activity for achievement.

- John Wooden

• Majesty, BasketballIQ and lakerfan98 like this
Posted Image

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,939 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2015 - 02:25 AM

The losing mentality is a false theory. I heard Phil Jackson mention it at one point, yet he is smart enough to know when to tank (which for NY is now). We do need to make a splash this summer, which is why getting a top 5 pick is key.

My stance have been the same all along. IF you are bad, you might as well be VERY bad and get a pick. IF not, then you have to make moves towards winning (like signing Isaiah Thomas, going after Monroe/Bledsoe etc.). I cant stand the fact that our front office seem to be somewhere in the middle - not chasing FAs, not chasing the top pick.

This summer:

Danny Green, Omer Asik, D'Angelo Russell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Dakari Johnson.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, March 31, 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#8 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 424 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted April 04, 2015 - 09:12 AM

This thread is so off bases...
The Lakers attempted to strike it big, they simply swung and miss when trying to obtain Dwight and Melo. You complain that they haven't made the proper trades but heck, who the hell wants any of the players on this current roster aside from Clarkson and Randle???

The minute the new CBA was established, it was specifically set out to restrict big market teams like the Lakers from dominating. Prior to the CBA, the Lakers threw money at players and were able to dominate both the game as well as the market. However, the new CBA has many limitations and restrictions and for that reason, the playing field is much more even as even the smaller markets are able to obtain their fair share of superstars.

1) Even if we obtained guys like Isiah Thomas last year, he's simply a role player at best and would have only hindered the team as we wouldn't be in a position to obtain a top 5 pick.

2) MCW was never available so I don't know why you made that remark. For trade yes, but LA had nothing to offer.

3) The Lakers offered Pau a 2 year, 20+ million dollar contract and he was smart enough to refuse and take a significantly smaller sum of money in order to compete. The Lakers tried to trade him numerous times, but his value at the time was very minute with his large expiring contract that people didn't want to pay as well as the fact that he had suffered a multitude of injuries.

4) You mention all these names yet fail to realize that in today's market, it's not nearly as simple to acquire a free agent by throwing money at them as it once was. Often times, alot of young talent and players are RFA such as Brandon Knight and their current teams will simply match the offer.

5) "We don't rebuild we reload"
That statement right there is a joke. The Lakers MUST rebuild as there is nothing to reload upon... No one organization nor franchise can dominate a league forever. When you have Kobe Bryant, one of the greatest players ever on his last legs and is about to walk from the game, you have to rebuild.

1 look at the trades made by Milwaukee phoenix Dallas not a lot was given up. Jordan hill ed Davis nick young Lin could all be packaged with r late pick this was one of the craziest trade deadlines and we didn't do anything. Guys like Isaiah Thomas who would have been cheap is how you start rebuilding a team. The Lakers theory now is sign scrubs and tank to get a pick we might not even get. We were offered big deals for pau even Lowry at one point the fact is we let pau and Dwight walk for nothing we should of traded pau don't say there was nothing available for him there was thats a false statement. We over spent on hill and Lin when there was way better free agents available. Also in todays market u can still land big time free agents look at the heat Cleveland so that statement is also false.
2 there is a bunch of talent available that's not restricted so stop acting like every free agent is.
3 look what Dallas did alone bringing in Parsons, rondo, Tyson chandler

You my friend have a loser mentality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users