38 replies to this topic

#1 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 21, 2015 - 03:30 PM

Which one are you guys hoping Treyarch makes? It was confirmed it will be either Black Ops 3 or World at War 2. We won't know until the finals but I'm hoping its World at War 2. World at War was my favorite call of duty. It was so simple. The kill streaks were UAV Airstrike and Dogs. None of this over the top stuff. The guns were amazing and I loved using every one. Advance Warfare was the most horrible COD I have ever played. The futuristic theme needs to go. You see Battlefield didn't do it with Hardline. So which one are you guys hoping for and why?

Edited by JayTheGreat, March 21, 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted March 21, 2015 - 03:41 PM

World at war 2!!!! all the way!

World at war was my favorite COD I was so beast at that game and it was very well balanced!

all these future guns and exos suck!

Now that they've gone over the future type games its time to go back and be more realistic!

• ace™ likes this

#3 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 497 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 21, 2015 - 03:42 PM

I've been so disappointed in AW it has shaken my interest. I prefer Titanfall at this point.

As for the ?- Black Ops 3. I enjoyed BO2 very much and some my gamer friends still prefer BO2 to any of the last few releases.

#4 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,726 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted March 21, 2015 - 04:07 PM

I want MW4 more than anything but....Blops 3 in this case.

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#5 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal

Posted March 21, 2015 - 05:04 PM

The last good Cod game was the original black ops.

However, if they make a world at war 2, I would at least check it out. I love world war 2 games, and WAW was without a doubt my favorite COD game. It had the best maps in the series, and the best atmosphere too.

I trust Treyarch a helluva lot more than I do infinity ward or sledgehammer and those other bozos. Treyarch made the best COD games. Besides the original and COD2 and 4, Infinity Ward has made awful, awful COD games. MW2 and MW3 are just terrible games. Don't even get me started on advanced warfare, stealing all its mechanics from other games like Titanfall instead of making something original and new.

Edited by Mychal, March 21, 2015 - 05:07 PM.

• pkflyers likes this

#6 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2015 - 06:07 PM

I'd love to see a AAA WW2 tittle. Absolutely.

Enjoyed World At War as well. Didn't play the online but the campaign was fun as hell.

D-Day being done with current gen capabilities just sounds too amazing. I wouldn't even mind if EA or Activision did a WW2 tittle with a major focus on a long and quality campaign that went to great lengths to showcase the battles in Europe as well as the Pacific theater aspect of things.

Watched "The Pacific" recently, we need that done in a video game.

If they just copied "Band Of Brothers", " The Pacific" and "Saving Private Ryan" it'd probably be good enough lol.

#7 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 09:09 PM

Black Ops 2 wasn't all that great to me but the first Black Ops was amazing. I loved the multiplayer. Me and my college buddies would go off on people if they put us all on the same team. World at War just did everything so brilliantly. Even the zombies. You can't compare any of them to World at War Shi No Numa zombie map. It was insane. The only grip I had with World at War was the juggernaut MP40 class. Kids were whoring that setup like crazy. Take that out of the game and it was perfect. I also loved the first Black Ops because it introduced the first type of ranking up system where you bought the guns you wanted if you had the money and were the appropriate level you didn't have to wait. I loved that. I just hope Treyarch stays true and make the story actually good.

#8 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,559 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 12:02 AM

Remake CoD2

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#9 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 22, 2015 - 06:23 AM

Didn't get WaW actually. I was a huge COD2 fan. I like the ww2 setting because it allows for less bull[expletive] classes, perks, and gadgets. However, I really did like black ops both versions. Since it was set in like the 70's and stuff, there were really any bull[expletive] gimmicks either so I enjoyed that game. 

I think they are gonna do black ops 3, modern setting is just more appealing to the masses. Let us not forget COD popularity didn't really sky rocket until modern warefare, most fan boys prefer the more techy setting rather than the classic ww2 war theme. I would be happy with either version as long as multiplayer is balanced and has dedicated servers, which will never happen. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 22, 2015 - 06:23 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#10 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 08:53 AM

Didn't get WaW actually. I was a huge COD2 fan. I like the ww2 setting because it allows for less bull[expletive] classes, perks, and gadgets. However, I really did like black ops both versions. Since it was set in like the 70's and stuff, there were really any bull[expletive] gimmicks either so I enjoyed that game.

I think they are gonna do black ops 3, modern setting is just more appealing to the masses. Let us not forget COD popularity didn't really sky rocket until modern warefare, most fan boys prefer the more techy setting rather than the classic ww2 war theme. I would be happy with either version as long as multiplayer is balanced and has dedicated servers, which will never happen.

I'm fine with anything as long as it isn't futuristic. If I wanted that I would play Ghost Recon. I want Cod 4. Modern technology that was simple. No damn Exo suits and other [expletive]. I played the multiplayer for Advance Warfare for like 15 mins. As soon as I got ready to put holes in a guy but he jumps clean over a building and escapes I was done. Never again.

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 09:02 AM

^^^ I didnt mind the exo suit because it reminded me so much of wall bouncing from GOW. Just another way to traverse the map while killing fools. The problem I had with the exo suit was the fact the servers were so bad the hit detection on those things were horrible. A dude could be scooting across the screen and either my bullets would just go through him or shooting a fraction of a second behind them would get the kill.I think it was too fast paced for the servers to really make it work flawlessly. However, it did spice up the old tradition of COD.

I agree though I don't want it in the next game. While it was cool as a switch, it is not something that should become a staple of cod games.

#12 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 10:47 AM

^^^ I didnt mind the exo suit because it reminded me so much of wall bouncing from GOW. Just another way to traverse the map while killing fools. The problem I had with the exo suit was the fact the servers were so bad the hit detection on those things were horrible. A dude could be scooting across the screen and either my bullets would just go through him or shooting a fraction of a second behind them would get the kill.I think it was too fast paced for the servers to really make it work flawlessly. However, it did spice up the old tradition of COD.

I agree though I don't want it in the next game. While it was cool as a switch, it is not something that should become a staple of cod games.

I agree that's why I'm a fan of Battlefield Hardline. They switched it up without going overboard. Instead of future technology they went the cops and drug dealers route and they pulled it off flawlessly. I love playing hardline.

#13 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,819 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 22, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Would love to see a next gen WWII game

2div

#14 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 04:33 PM

I was so tired of the WWII games but after this many years I would LOVE to play a current gen version of one.

#15 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:24 PM

WAW 2 By far!

EyMlHkX.jpg

#16 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 07:47 PM

The last CoD game i played was the original black ops, i didnt know people were still into this series

b3vgxe.jpg

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 07:13 AM

^^^ Almost every new iteration breaks the games sales record in a week when it first comes out. The series has just grown with every new game since modern warfare which is when it really took off. 

#18 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 04:13 PM

^^^ Almost every new iteration breaks the games sales record in a week when it first comes out. The series has just grown with every new game since modern warfare which is when it really took off.

Actually that isn't true anymore. If you look at the sales of MW2 or MW3 and compare them to Advance Warfare a lot of people have stopped buying COD. The series has gotten stale and annoying. Advance warfare was terrible. The futuristic style gameplay is soooo annoying. Keep it simple boots on the ground. Modern Warfare was good because they kept the game modern what the military uses today and made it fun. Now they are just over exaggerating and it's taking the fun out of it. I prefer battlefield hardline until Treyarch makes World at War 2. If they make black ops it better be modern. If it's some over the top futuristic [expletive] I won't play it.

#19 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal

Posted March 27, 2015 - 08:29 PM

The games still break sells records, but each iteration sells less than the previous. They hit their high waters in sells with MW2 and Black Ops.

Of course, tons of people still play it, as it is easy to learn and accessible. It's easy to pop COD in and play for 45 mins before bed, it doesn't take the time commitment that other single player games take, and it doesn't have the learning curve of the other FPS games on the market. None of this is a bad thing, really, I just wish the games were actually fun again. I have nothing against COD, it's just gotten mediocre since so many people buy it every year no matter what.

#20 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 12:55 AM

The games still break sells records, but each iteration sells less than the previous. They hit their high waters in sells with MW2 and Black Ops.

Of course, tons of people still play it, as it is easy to learn and accessible. It's easy to pop COD in and play for 45 mins before bed, it doesn't take the time commitment that other single player games take, and it doesn't have the learning curve of the other FPS games on the market. None of this is a bad thing, really, I just wish the games were actually fun again. I have nothing against COD, it's just gotten mediocre since so many people buy it every year no matter what.

This is true. They don't even have to try anymore because people will buy it anyway just because it's COD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users