Photo

Wolverine to join Marvel Cinematic Universe?

wolverine marvel cinematic universe

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 17, 2015 - 09:16 AM

I hope this happens. I wanna see Wolvy with Spidey, Cap and Ironman so bad. Will probably be my fav movie ever. 

To paraphrase a line from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier's" end credits scene: We really do live in an age of miracles.

That’s because the recent announcement of Spider-Man joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe is nothing short of one. What was once deemed impossible has created the potential for future Marvel characters returning to home base, and the next hero on everyone's wish-list is Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman, who plays Canada's number one beer and "snikt" enthusiast, has been vocal about the crossover potential ever since "The Avengers" kickstarted the trend in 2012. During recent press rounds for his new film "Chappie," the actor continues to be vocal -- and hopeful -- about Logan one day sharing the screen with Iron Man and Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

The Sony-Marvel deal has proven that anything is possible.

Here are five reasons why Wolverine needs to join his fellow Avengers on the big screen.

1. Make Movie History
Robert Downey, Jr. Chris Evans. Chris Hemsworth. Hugh Jackman.

Those names on both a poster and theater marquee would make Scrooge McDuck vault money. Actually, you'll need at least two vaults if you throw Spider-Man into the mix.

And you know Fox, who hold the rights to Wolverine and his fellow X-Men, are at least thinking about the possibility of adding to their coffers.

continued in link:
http://www.comicbook...ematic-universe

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 17, 2015 - 09:18 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 17, 2015 - 09:21 AM

Spoiler

or

Spoiler

I can see it now.......
Nick Fury walks into bar. See's Logan sitting alone ashing out his just finished cigar (since theres no smoking in MCU anymore). Nick says, "Hello Logan...I have a proposition for you". Logan responds "Go [expletive] yourself". Nick leaves bar.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 17, 2015 - 09:29 AM.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 17, 2015 - 09:41 AM

OH YEAAAA!!!! i can dig it.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 17, 2015 - 09:50 AM

Deadpool too and honestly they need to go get Thomas Jane back as Punisher he deserves to be Marvel cinematic Punisher.

The X-Men should be allowed to crossover with Marvel while still belonging to Sony.

Deadpool, Wolverine, X-Men ... I'd love to see it.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 17, 2015 - 10:21 AM

Dead Pool would be AWESOME!!!

The Punisher needs a series of movies. that would be dope.

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,717 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2015 - 11:47 AM

would be amazing

Posted Image

#7 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,057 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted March 18, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Good luck.  I don't see Fox letting go of Wolverine.  He's their only guaranteed money maker in that X-Men universe.

If anyone should play The Punisher on screen its Frank Grillo.  He's custom made for that role.  Thomas Jayne doesn't have the grit Grillo does.

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:09 PM

Fox isn't in shambles like Sony is. That's why spiderman is at marvel now
Posted Image

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 03:14 PM

Fox isn't in shambles like Sony is. That's why spiderman is at marvel now

Both Marvel and Sony are sharing Spider-Man.  When Spider-Man gets his own movie it will be from the both of them. 

if Fox wanted to put Wolverine in a crossover they could do that. There'd still be tons more X-Men solo-movie content and money to be made :) 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,301 posts

Posted March 18, 2015 - 04:32 PM

Both Marvel and Sony are sharing Spider-Man. When Spider-Man gets his own movie it will be from the both of them.

if Fox wanted to put Wolverine in a crossover they could do that. There'd still be tons more X-Men solo-movie content and money to be made :)

I know but word is they've given marvel full creative control over spiderman. Sony just gets money and their name on it
Posted Image

#11 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,057 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted March 19, 2015 - 10:03 PM

Sony reserves the right ot make or use SPider-Man as they will.  However, they will sit back and let Disney / Marvel handle it.  They're splitting profits on Marvel's biggest character basically.

Also, Sony botched Spider-Man time and time again, they've finally realized it and handing it over also does the character justice.

You know the tag at the end of "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" will involve Spider-Man, and it's gonna make everyone flip.

• Majesty likes this

#12 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 20, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Have you guys seen the short movie of the punisher with Jane? He is the punisher!!

I believed since they rebooted the timeline with days of future past, future wolverine had his metal skeleton back, I was wrong?
  • Majesty likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted March 20, 2015 - 08:16 PM

Have you guys seen the short movie of the punisher with Jane? He is the punisher!!

I believed since they rebooted the timeline with days of future past, future wolverine had his metal skeleton back, I was wrong?

yeah they need Thomas Jane back as Punisher! 

• flota likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wolverine, marvel, cinematic universe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users