Photo

Do you want a college basketball game for next gen console in the future?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:22 AM

I love sports video games and I kind of miss the days when I took UCLA to a 4 straight national championship using my playstation 2.  Its been awhile now since we had a college basketball video game.  I still don't know the real reason why we don't have it anymore. Is it because of money? Is it because of people don't care about NCAA basketball?  March Madness is almost here and I think it would be awesome to have a video game that you can play with your friends that deals with march madness. Do you guys care if there is another college basketball video game or do you guys wish it never comes back?

#2 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 422 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:42 AM

couldnt justify paying the same price for a college game AND an nba game.  I dont think demand was high enough anymore, plus EA made March Madness, and when live started to fizzle, I believe the college game was long gone

• Jody Smokes likes this

5PiX5gx.jpg
SPurs Suck

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:54 AM

It's the ongoing issue of making money off of students. I personally don't care either way, I like watching college hoops, but I can't keep up with every team and every player the way I do the NBA.

I'd instead ask Live to make an add on package for someone to upload college teams and players via a 3rd party. I think that could really help EA step up their game.

#4 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 01:28 PM

So its all because of the Ed O Bannon situation? 

I know that not many people follow NCAA Basketball especially the regular season. Weather its a one and done players or two many teams or regular season seems irrelevant, I just like using a college that I used to go to like UCLA and Cal State Long Beach and just pretend that my school is good. Especially when I can take a Big West team like a CS Long Beach to the final four even if it probably never happen in real life.  I couldn't care less about players or anything really. 

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 06, 2015 - 03:35 PM

So its all because of the Ed O Bannon situation? 

I know that not many people follow NCAA Basketball especially the regular season. Weather its a one and done players or two many teams or regular season seems irrelevant, I just like using a college that I used to go to like UCLA and Cal State Long Beach and just pretend that my school is good. Especially when I can take a Big West team like a CS Long Beach to the final four even if it probably never happen in real life.  I couldn't care less about players or anything really. 

The college basketball games were fun especially considering you could download the roster names so you just didnt have the players names being numbers. The thing is that fun only lasted so long. 

I agree with some of the others, it is hard to enjoy a college basketball game as much when I only really bother to learn the names of the top players that were gonna be drafted. So most of the players just seemed like no names to me and I never really had much fun with the game after about a month or so.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Last one I bought had Greg Oden on the cover lol.

It sucked.

Wouldn't buy another.
  • Brand New likes this

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:36 PM

I'd like a DLC for sure =P 

• Biggums and Bjork like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#8 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:37 PM

a 2k dlc would be nice.

#9 Biggums

Biggums

I Do Work

• 422 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:kobe / glen rice

Posted March 09, 2015 - 04:47 AM

now that's a good idea.

5PiX5gx.jpg
SPurs Suck

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 09, 2015 - 11:28 AM

I mean the PC versions always get some NCAA version of 2K with face scans and everything made by fans

Make an NCAA DLC and make the rookies importable.  Guess they need some kind of selling point for the next 2K game I guess. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#11 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted March 09, 2015 - 01:37 PM

How come NCAA football video games are still going strong and alot of people like it even if they never been to a single college that represent the NCAA division 1 football?  I don't think people refused to play NCAA basketball because of too many teams. Heck, college football have too many teams but still popular. I think its about the irrelevant season and copy right by Ed Obannon thats why EA or 2k won't do any ncaa basketball video game ever.

Edited by epicwolf, March 09, 2015 - 01:38 PM.

#12 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2015 - 10:08 PM

How come NCAA football video games are still going strong and alot of people like it even if they never been to a single college that represent the NCAA division 1 football?  I don't think people refused to play NCAA basketball because of too many teams. Heck, college football have too many teams but still popular. I think its about the irrelevant season and copy right by Ed Obannon thats why EA or 2k won't do any ncaa basketball video game ever.

Ncaa football got canceled 2 years ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users