Photo

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2015 - 09:21 AM

Tom Holland Screen Tested With Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans As Part Of Spider-Man Auditions

Actor Tom Holland, whose casting as Spider-Man was announced earlier today, reportedly screen tested with Captain America: Civil War stars Chris Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. as part of his road to being cast.

The Hollywood Reporter says that once the field of candidates was down to just two, Marvel Studios and Sony asked for a second screen test on the week of June 8. They further claim Holland was the only actor who tested separately with Downey and Chris Evans, who portrays Captain America.
http://comicbook.com...ris-evans-as-p/

CIPbBReUAAASC_O.jpg

Edited by Majesty, June 24, 2015 - 09:21 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#82 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 09:12 PM

Tom Holland: Spider-Man Training 

looks like he'll be doing his own stunts too. 

Edited by Majesty, November 05, 2015 - 09:19 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#83 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:10 AM

BREAKING: Next SPIDER-MAN Movie Titled 'SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING'. RT http://bit.ly/1qHa42J 

Cf5WDsoW8AAJ0-X.jpg

Cf5Wnz9W4AACUqi.jpg

Edited by Majesty, April 13, 2016 - 03:10 AM.

• Game likes this

#84 DTIII™

DTIII™

“By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

• 5,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 23, 2016 - 06:22 PM

13728969_1052076321534944_84462332733536

• Majesty likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#85 DTIII™

DTIII™

“By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

• 5,534 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted August 18, 2016 - 03:05 PM

According to Comicbook.com, Zendaya's gonna be MJ.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#86 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,396 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 18, 2016 - 11:18 PM

I saw that news.  The real question is - who the hell is she?

#87 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted August 20, 2016 - 08:26 AM

I saw that news.  The real question is - who the hell is she?

A former Disney child actress who's taking off now.  

Her first movie role was in the 2012 film, Frenemies, a Disney Channel Original Movie.[6][9][12] On February 29, 2012, "Something to Dance For" was released as promotioonal single for Live 2 Dance. For the soundtrack Zendaya also recorded three other songs: "Made In Japan," "Same Heart", and "Fashion In Krytonite", released as promotional single. In September 2, 2012 she signed to Hollywood Records.[13] In October, Zendaya performed at the Teen Music Festival and at the Operation Smile benefit.[14]

Her debut album titled Zendaya was released on September 17, 2013. It was preceded by the single "Replay", released on July 16, 2013. The song was written by Tiffany Fred and Paul "Phamous" Shelton. In June 2013, Coleman wrapped up filming for the music video. On July 25, the Disney Channel confirmed that Shake It Up will be canceled after the end of the third season.[19][20]

2014–present: Zapped and K.C. Undercover

Zendaya was cast as 16 year-old Zoey Stevens, the lead character, in the 2014 Disney Channel Original Movie Zapped, whose "smart phone begins to somehow control all the boys around her".[21]

In late 2013 Zendaya was cast as the lead in a new Disney Channel pilot called Super Awesome Katy.[22] It was ordered to series by Disney Channel in May 2014, with the series now under the title K.C. Undercover, and with Zendaya's character now named K.C. Cooper rather than Katy Cooper.[23] K.C. Undercover premiered on Disney Channel on January 18, 2015,[24] and was renewed for a second season in May 2015.[25]

In March 2016 Zendaya was cast in the upcoming film Spider-Man: Homecoming, playing a character named Michelle; the film is scheduled to be released in July 2017.[26]

Zendaya.jpg?resize=586%2C586

So essentially the Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice treatment / path.   And she is now in Disney / Marvel's new movie as the eventual main love interest (later on) of Peter Parker whom will be Spider-Man for likely the next 10 years.  

So IF she indeed is Mary Jane, she has that to thank.  However she's an alright actress so I don't mind.  But the Disney connection is likely why she was higher on the totem pole for others in the 'love interest' aspect of a movie series that's gonna deal with kids as Peter is 'young' in this one again.  So the High School years.   

imo it would make more sense for her to be Michelle Gonzales or Ava Ayala aka White Tiger.   

But it looks likely that they're gonna cast her as Mary Jane. 

Also Tony Revolori of Grand Budapest Hotel will be Flash Thompson 

spider-man-homecoming-spider-man-homecom

Angourie Rice was also cast, likely as Gwen Stacy

angourie-rice.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

So if I had to guess. The movie is essentially going to be a Live Action version of this 

Edited by Majesty, August 20, 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#88 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,396 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted August 20, 2016 - 07:11 PM

I'm not encouraged by any of this casting.

• Majesty likes this

#89 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight howard turned The Hawks into The Pigeons

• 8,479 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:The Ultimate Edition

Posted August 22, 2016 - 02:42 PM

Is Uncle Ben an ex-Ghostbuster?

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#90 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 605 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 08, 2016 - 09:17 PM

• Game and Majesty like this

#91 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 12:41 AM

So....rather than just use Miles Morales and keeping Peter Parker in college... which would have been fresh and new.. 

They're instead giving us Miles Morales' storylines but now with the back in high school Peter Parker...

I'm excited, but I can't help but feel, given the setup they're going for here and eliminating the loner aspect, loneliness and tragedy behind the Peter Parker character by giving him allies all over the place and making Tony Stark his father figure....   if you're gonna give Peter Parker all that and completely rob the character of the loneliness that MAKES Peter Parker..well Peter Parker... then I can't see why they didn't just go with Miles Morales if that's the route they're taking.    Just my two cents.    Excited for it, but given the tone/storyline they seem to be going with... it could have been the perfect introduction to Miles Morales and to be quite frank...fits his character more than Peter's.    But oh well.  Excited to see what they do with it. 

#92 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,436 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 11:54 AM

I think people far too often forget this is a business. No casual movie goer cares about or identifies with Spider-Man as miles morales

They know Peter Parker, that's who is culturally identified as Spider-Man

And I believe because Spider-Man is pretty much the only marvel independent character that is considered on the same level as batman and superman they will use him to soften the blow of Robert Downey jr leaving the movies

Hence needing Peter Parker
Posted Image

#93 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 03:08 PM

I think people far too often forget this is a business. No casual movie goer cares about or identifies with Spider-Man as miles morales

They know Peter Parker, that's who is culturally identified as Spider-Man

And I believe because Spider-Man is pretty much the only marvel independent character that is considered on the same level as batman and superman they will use him to soften the blow of Robert Downey jr leaving the movies

Hence needing Peter Parker

I think people far too often forget in business it's all about promotion. 

If Miles Morales was promoted as the [expletive] people would likely start paying attention more. 

Who gave a [expletive] about Captain America till they acted like his film would be the single most important / anticipated film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?  

Who gave a [expletive] about Thanos as a villain?  

Who gave a [expletive] about Black Widow or Hawkeye?  

Who gave a [expletive] about Ant Man OR the Guardians of the Galaxy?  

Yeah, so none of that 'it's a business, so they gotta play it safe' stuff because Marvel already 'didn't' play it safe and was very successful with it.  So that's not a valid excuse for them right now. 

You see when you promote these characters or put them into a position of something that matters you can get people excited for them.  

Just because people "know" Peter doesn't mean you essentially hand him Miles Morales' storyline.  There's a bunch of stuff you can do with high school Peter that actually fits his character. 

I have no problem with them doing high school Peter, because people know him. 

What I do have a problem with is essentially they're re-characterizing Peter with Miles Morales' personality and essential story elements/style.  

That's why I said if this is the route they were/are gonna go then they should have went with Miles Morales whom the story elements actually fit.  Because sticking Peter Parker on Miles Morales' skin is insulting to me as a fan of both characters. 

That's essentially like making Jean Grey act like Emma Frost cause not enough people know Emma Frost, rather than just doing a story that fits Jean Grey.   

Hope I'm getting that across correctly.  I have no problem with them doing high school Peter. The Spectacular Spider-Man TV Show did that perfectly.   My problem is taking the story elements / personality / aspects of the Miles Morales Character and sticking "Peter Parker" on top of them regardless if it's out of character, for the sake of telling a high school story with which you could have went MANY different ways with.  

But at this point nobody cares if they change Peter Parker's character, cause Marvel can literally have him do 20 things he wouldn't do and people will gobble it up.  They have the "Disney immunity" now, so they can literally [expletive] up a characters personality traits that defined them and nobody will raise an eyebrow to it nor complain about it.   (Case in point Steve Rogers in the Civil War movie). 

I'm still excited, but it's very obvious to me they're taking a Miles Morales story/movie and sticking Peter Parker on top of it in his place.   I have an issue with that, cause if they wanted to do high school Peter there's MANY different things they could have done.  But that's not "Peter" thats "Miles Morales" in a Peter Parker mask.   

Oh well. 

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#94 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,436 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 03:33 PM

It's simple. These are adaptations not translations
Posted Image

#95 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted December 09, 2016 - 03:34 PM

And that's why Aunt May can look like a model in her mid-late 30s.

It's simple. These are adaptations not translations

If it was that simple then no other comic book movie would be attacked for their 'interpretation' of a character.

Give the Joker Tattoos.. ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE... 

Turn Steve Rogers into Dark Cyclops and Peter Parker into Miles Morales... "I see no problems...".  

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#96 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,436 posts

Posted December 10, 2016 - 09:18 PM

And that's why Aunt May can look like a model in her mid-late 30s.

If it was that simple then no other comic book movie would be attacked for their 'interpretation' of a character.

Give the Joker Tattoos.. ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE...

Turn Steve Rogers into Dark Cyclops and Peter Parker into Miles Morales... "I see no problems...".

The people who attack are the people who want translations
Posted Image

#97 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,864 posts

Posted December 11, 2016 - 02:50 AM

Looks like I'm not the only one that feels this way  

CzUv_4MWEAA0Ezc.jpg

It goes deeper..

Remember this scene from the trailer:

04-540x831.jpg

Or how about this scene from the preview trailer when he got the suit upgrade..

et748y.jpg

Yeah... it goes that deep..

Oh well, is what it is, but at least more people are realizing it.  It's pretty freaking blatant tbh. 

Peter even gets his own Ganke in this darn trailer (whom is Miles specific), they took Ned and essentially turned him into Ganke.... on top of that, in this film Peter goes to a charter school instead of public school(which again is Miles specific) and Ganke(cause I refuse to call him Ned) is his room mate.. WHICH AGAIN....  you get the picture...

But hey.. it's not like it's so blatantly ripped off like when Miles revealed his powers in the comics and it resulted in the destruction of a Lego model.... (watches trailer) oh.....

Doesn't take away my excitement for the film but I see it for what it is at this point.   Oh well.

Edited by Majesty, December 11, 2016 - 03:29 AM.

#98 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,659 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted December 11, 2016 - 10:08 AM

Eh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users