Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,445 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:41 PM

Well an actor has been cast since civil war is shooting soon. Still holding out for lerman but obrien is a solid choice
Posted Image

#22 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,445 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:45 PM

Having said that I don't think him denying it means he's gotten it. He could have not gotten it. Or not heard anything

Having said that at a bigger level like that actors usually hear when they don't get something. So assuming he was in the running which isn't a sure thing in itself he's heard something back

If he wasn't involved then he hasnt
Posted Image

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,445 posts

Posted March 05, 2015 - 11:50 PM

Also this is assuming he was even brought in for it. Which is still an assumption

Variety reported he was eyed but countless reputable sites reported gosling was eyed for batman, Charlie Hunnam as flash, the list goes on with superhero films

At that level castings are pretty much as selective as it gets. As said I know of someone up for the role at one point specifically. The stipulation was if they decide to go with a black spiderman

There's so much that goes into something like this

Keep in mind spiderman may actually eventually replace tony stark as the leader of the avengers
Posted Image

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 06, 2015 - 11:11 AM

Apparently he auditioned for it and gave the audition of his life.

And according to a guy who is VERY good at knowing inside details on the spider-man movies even back to th e Tobey films.

He said from his sources that he was told that there are two guys in the running that had auditioned. One was closer to Tobey the other was closer to Garfield..and they're leaning towards signing the one that's closer to Garfield.

I think that's obviously Lerman and O'Brien and Obviously O'Brien is Andrew Garfield lite.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,445 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 01:41 PM

Maybe but I've also read this source has been way off as well

It's wait and see. I actually know someone who auditioned. Black guy so I don't think they only auditioned 2 unless they really are using 2 different Spider-Man's
Posted Image

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted March 06, 2015 - 04:17 PM

When Tobey told Sony he wanted to return as Spider-Man

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,453 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 07, 2015 - 02:13 AM

If you can't get Whedon, get his writing partner.

Very good choice for Spider-Man, and very happy he's not doing a damn origin story yet again.

• BasketballIQ likes this

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted March 07, 2015 - 02:16 PM

B_hhd5RVEAAMcmV.jpg

• RobBlake likes this

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted March 11, 2015 - 10:08 PM

DYLAN O'BRIEN on the hanging scene in his latest movie: "That's good practice for future acting." Hanging... Guys... He's teasing.

In DYLAN OBIREN's latest interview the interviewer was not allowed to ask about Spider-Man. Why can people ask about a role he doesn't have?

Edited by Majesty, March 11, 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted April 19, 2015 - 01:26 PM

Guess who

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE IN AGE OF ULTRON SPOILED!! 

Spoiler

Edited by Majesty, April 19, 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#31 fido

fido

• 14,453 posts

Posted April 20, 2015 - 10:46 PM

When Disney / Marvel got the rights to Spider-Man, it was fairly obvious that the after-credits scene for Age Of Ultron would involve Spider-Man.

• Majesty likes this

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 11:46 AM

When Disney / Marvel got the rights to Spider-Man, it was fairly obvious that the after-credits scene for Age Of Ultron would involve Spider-Man.

Especially when the director comes out and says there won't be an after credits scene.

Part of me wonders if marvel didn't intentionally leak this footage. It gets more people talking about the film and will bring even more people to see if it's true.

#33 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted April 21, 2015 - 08:03 PM

i just hope they dont release the name of the actor until he takes off his mask.

#34 fido

fido

• 14,453 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 10:42 PM

Disney / Marvel has no need to leak footage.  This movie is going to make billions of dollars anyway.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 08:09 PM

ASA BUTTERFIELD rumored as the TOP contender to play the new SPIDER-MAN! RT http://bit.ly/1DUsXOv 

CDuD2RUUkAAH9qc.jpg

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#36 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,708 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted April 28, 2015 - 08:37 PM

Who the hell? Doesn't even look the part
  • pkflyers likes this

#37 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,076 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:13 PM

Wtf
  • pkflyers likes this

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,445 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:19 PM

Would love it. He's a fantastic answer
Posted Image

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,265 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:30 PM

hes 18 but looks 12.. no thanks

ap1.png

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 52,873 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 11:16 PM

Asa pulls off Young Peter Parker his first year as Spider-Man as Marvel did it.  That's the Spider-Man they said they're going for and the one whom they are going to make the franchise out of for the next 5-10 years.  

XplusY-Asa-Butterfield-cover.jpg

f4cd9afa82a82e4afbd5a188c7d1d1f6.jpg

tumblr_inline_mw5t7jz22E1rbywgg.gif

spider-man-asa-butterfield-slice-600x200

Asa_Butterfield_image_asa_butterfield_36

Spider-Man-ASA.jpg

Yes, he does pull off "Young" Peter Parker that grows to Spider-Man.  What I don't understand is why "THAT" Spider-Man would be in Civil War.   If he was getting his own Marvel true Spider-Man Movie prior.. then yes.. I understand.. but if this is Civil War Spidey then.. it would make more sense for them to either stay with Garfield or go with Lerman or O'Brien.  

For those that ask who he is, he is the kid from Ender's Game.  He's a fantastic actor. 

I don’t have particularly strong feelings about this, though he’s probably my first choice of the five on the shortlist. Obviously, the most important thing here is that Marvel casts a good actor, and Butterfield has proven several times over that he’s more than capable in that regard.

Having said that, I do wonder how funny he can be. Butterfield could absolutely handle the emotional core required of Peter Parker – the constant guilt, the fear of collateral damage, the awkward nerd stuff – but how impressive is his quip game? Can he pull off Spider-Man’s patented rapid-fire jokes? I haven’t seen every movie he’s ever been in, but as far as I’m aware, he’s pretty much only played it serious.

Of course, that doesn’t mean he couldn’t play funny, it’s just not the first thing that pops into my head when I think of the guy. Otherwise, he fits the age range that Marvel wants for the character (he’s 18, but he could easily play 15-16) and more or less looks the part.

http://www.forbes.co...new-spider-man/

Edited by Majesty, April 29, 2015 - 12:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users