Photo

Derrick Rose undergoes successful surgery for meniscus tear and will be out 4-6 weeks; will return this season

drose derrick rose bulls chicago

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 25, 2015 - 06:32 PM

They're not going to do that. D-Wade did that and its given him nothing but trouble in his later career. Fixing the meniscus is a far superior option for a long playing career.

Feel terrible for Rose. One of my favorite players just a few years ago. I thought of Brandon Roy immediately when I seen this news. sad.

When is the surgery anyway? feel the same way too, good guy overall with so much to offer for the sport

• 43,799 posts

Posted February 25, 2015 - 06:43 PM

derrick-rose-lebron-james.jpg

• Massacre likes this

yo.

#43 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2015 - 11:03 AM

Forman says surgery was 'minor' -- should return to play within 4-6 weeks.

Forman says Rose had damaged part of meniscus removed. He expects Rose to be back playing before the regular season ends.

Bulls GM Gar Forman called the surgery minor and Rose walked out of it.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 27, 2015 - 12:10 PM

Well that's good news

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#45 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 27, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Sitting 4-6 weeks for Rose on a knee surgery doesn't signal a speedy recovery for me. I'm guessing they're just gonna shoot for a playoff return at the least.

#46 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,175 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 27, 2015 - 02:01 PM

Sitting 4-6 weeks for Rose on a knee surgery doesn't signal a speedy recovery for me. I'm guessing they're just gonna shoot for a playoff return at the least.

I think it's speedy considering this is a person who decided to be very cautious and sit out two NBA seasons over other knee surgeries.

#47 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,061 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 27, 2015 - 10:32 PM

If I was the Bulls I'd hope he can play some playoff games healthy.  Then I'd turn aroudn and deal him on draft day for a couple players and a late first or second round pick.

#48 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 28, 2015 - 07:03 AM

If I was the Bulls I'd hope he can play some playoff games healthy.  Then I'd turn aroudn and deal him on draft day for a couple players and a late first or second round pick.

I might do the very same.

Wonder if he'll ever be a 20 point scorer that plays 70+ games ever again.

Butler is as good as off the market imo

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#49 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,742 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:01 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#50 fido

fido

• 15,061 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 03:03 PM

I agree.  Butler is going nowhere now.

They should trade Rose, max out Butler and start re-building around him.  If Rose comes back, then bonus.  As it looks right now, the Bulls need to move on.

#51 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2015 - 04:36 PM

If I was the Bulls I'd hope he can play some playoff games healthy. Then I'd turn aroudn and deal him on draft day for a couple players and a late first or second round pick.

I see the logic there but I just can't see the Bulls trading him. It would make a ton of sense though, they could then seriously focus their teams construction around Butler.

#52 fido

fido

• 15,061 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 05:44 PM

It'd a gutsy move, but if the Bulls want to move ahead they should do it.  Pinning their hopes on a now completely injury-prone player is foolhardy.

• L4K likes this

#53 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 05:47 PM

Not like he'd be easy to move though.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#54 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 05:49 PM

Not like he'd be easy to move though.

Actually, maybe it would be easy but you woudnt get anything like a star player back i wouldnt think.

Who would you give up for him if you were a GM?

Edited by kball, February 28, 2015 - 05:49 PM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#55 fido

fido

• 15,061 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 06:17 PM

That's why I was saying him coming back and even playing a little towards the playoffs would help them to that end.

Even then, he won't be an easy sell.  Someone tou there will bite on it though.

The Bulls should look for role players to put alongside of Butler, Noah and Gasol for next year.

#56 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,287 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 28, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Wouldnt it be funny if rose ended up a laker lol.

#57 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,742 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 08:28 AM

Wouldnt it be funny if rose ended up a laker lol.

Please Chick Hearn no

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#58 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Man the potential Rose had was off the charts.

#59 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,742 posts

Posted March 01, 2015 - 09:32 AM

If they don't make it to The Finals this year,it's a wrap for derrick rose in Chicago...

#60 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 01, 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yea if bulls were smart they would trade him for as much as they can get, try and add one more solid player to the team and build around Butler. In the east they can be a legit team with that squad. Probably wouldn't win a championship though unless butler really takes off, which he might. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drose, derrick rose, bulls, chicago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users