Photo

Derrick Rose undergoes successful surgery for meniscus tear and will be out 4-6 weeks; will return this season

drose derrick rose bulls chicago

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:11 PM

The belief is that he could return for the playoffs. Nothing official, but that's what Chicago is hopeful for.

Love DRose. Hope he's back again because I can't really handle an easy trip to the Finals for Cleveland.

#22 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:52 PM

His knees are giving it's last
Its a shame really
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#23 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 24, 2015 - 10:59 PM

He will come back but this is just gonna keep happening. Eventually no one will want him. You just don't see players getting just injuries like this coming back and finishing their career.

#24 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:09 PM

Really just sucks. I miss what he was becoming.

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:10 PM

Rose is looking to be the first mvp to not make it in the hall of fame.
  • Mr Terrific likes this

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,392 posts

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:15 PM

He will come back but this is just gonna keep happening. Eventually no one will want him. You just don't see players getting just injuries like this coming back and finishing their career.

Some come back but nowhere near the same level
Posted Image

#27 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 24, 2015 - 11:28 PM

Yea he needs to see if he has degenerative knees or something. There's no way he should be getting knee injuries back to back like this. Isn't this like knee surgery number 4? I just hope he can at least come back and have a successful career and not have to medically retire early.

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 25, 2015 - 12:05 AM

damn

crazy 2 consider

#29 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 25, 2015 - 12:48 AM

To be honest, If I were him, I'd simply hang it up for his personal future.

Your knees, let alone any major bone or joint in your body, especially your legs are very vital and important.

If he keeps on competing at the level and intensity he does, he may not be able to walk on those legs once he's older.  

Really unfortunate to see another amazing talent's career be consumed by injuries...

#30 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 25, 2015 - 01:25 AM

Heard from a doctor that was interviewed in sportcenter that if theyre just gonna remove the part that was sewn (from the previous surgery) then d rose could be back for the playoffs. But not sure thats whats gonna happen until surgery

They're not going to do that. D-Wade did that and its given him nothing but trouble in his later career. Fixing the meniscus is a far superior option for a long playing career.

Feel terrible for Rose. One of my favorite players just a few years ago. I thought of Brandon Roy immediately when I seen this news. sad.

#31 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,809 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2015 - 02:12 AM

I would hate to see him go like Brandon Roy .. I like D-Rose, I like his passion, he deserves to play in the finals. It's such a shame ..

#32 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,741 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted February 25, 2015 - 02:51 AM

LeBron is the luckiest guy in NBA history. Not his fault though

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#33 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 25, 2015 - 04:34 AM

Was thinking same.

Hope he somehow comes back.

Doubt Bulls let Butler go at this point too.

Insurance.

Side note: The warriors announcing team was just talking about knee injuries and their relationship to wearing HIGHTOPS that was interesting.

Theory being that w low tops you may be less likely to injure your knees at the expense of more ankle injuries, which are easier to come back from.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#34 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 25, 2015 - 05:09 AM

Was thinking same.
Hope he somehow comes back.

Doubt Bulls let Butler go at this point too.
Insurance.

Side note: The warriors announcing team was just talking about knee injuries and their relationship to wearing HIGHTOPS that was interesting.
Theory being that w low tops you may be less likely to injure your knees at the expense of more ankle injuries, which are easier to come back from.

Ask Grant Hill if those ankle injuries are easier to come back from. There is no positive way to look at this. Ankle or knee you have to take care of your body and look at your future. That's why I went to college for baseball. Those guys rarely get hurt like that well major ones but aside from that when they get older they are fine. Hell most hall of fame football players are banged up and can barely walk but Hank Aaron is almost 90 and going strong.

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,081 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 25, 2015 - 05:31 AM

Think the warrior color guy played in the 60's and 70's and wore the low cuts.

But he did say many players that wore them also Taped their ankles for support, but not restriction like he seemed to think hightops did.

I cant say if this has any basis in fact.

Just adding an interesting angle to a very serious discussion.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#36 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 25, 2015 - 08:41 AM

No surprise at all really. Rose has been fragile. at what point is he broken. another guy whos going to continue to have injury problems is Anthony Davis. Hes doesnt have the build to pound down low with real bigs. 6-10 and 210 isnt gonna do it. And hes been injured every season. And hes only 21. Wait till hes 26 and knees start hurting. 

Oh well.  The funny thing is how ESPN said

"Now that Rose is injured the yellow brick road has been all but paved for Cleveland to win the East".....lol

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#37 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted February 25, 2015 - 09:40 AM

Honestly feels bad for him, he just should retire imo

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#38 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2015 - 10:09 AM

and I was rooting for the bulls in the playoffs damn

9QBrl.gif

#39 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 25, 2015 - 03:56 PM

Lebron gets a free ride to the NBA Finals year after year.....

#40 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,060 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 25, 2015 - 04:01 PM

I told my friend from Chicago last July they should've traded him.  He thought I was crazy.  Now today he called me and totally agrees.

Too late now, Rose is damaged goods.  The Bulls will have to gon building without him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drose, derrick rose, bulls, chicago

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users