206 replies to this topic

#61 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,231 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:53 PM

and you wonder why he is one of the greatest. Everyone who got in the ring couldn't do what they wanted to do and always looked unnatural. Same with pac. Just to damn smart and a defense genius controlled the fight

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, May 02, 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:53 PM

It almost seems fishy to me sometimes the way some of these guys don't at least go out throwing. Nothing changing round after round. You'd expect some more urgency or activity at least, but no. 

Its because Mayweather is a good boxer, counter puncher and faster than Pacquiao was. 

Pacquiao didn't want to get countered, everyone thinks if they bumrush Floyd they'll beat him but it isn't that easy and never is. 

We won't see greatness like Floyd again for a long time.. 18 year unbeaten.. the only guy that isn't on his resume at this point is 130 pound Casamayor.  

Floyd beat down Pacquiao tonight and Manny had no answer.  

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2015 - 08:53 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:54 PM

Everyone here is pissed and don't wanna admit mayweather won Lol.

Who's not admitting he won? You can be upset, disappointed or whatever, but still accept and admit he won, CLEARLY. I'm just upset at some of his opponents like Canelo and now Pacquiao, whom hardly looked like they were truly trying. No sense of urgency whatsoever. [expletive]in' joke. Almost seems fishy, but who knows. Boxing is boxing I guess.

yo.

#64 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Who's not admitting he won? You can be upset, disappointed or whatever, but still accept and admit he won, CLEARLY. I'm just upset at some of his opponents like Canelo and now Pacquiao, whom hardly looked like they were truly trying. No sense of urgency whatsoever. [expletive]in' joke. Almost seems fishy, but who knows. Boxing is boxing I guess.

Maybe Mayweather deserves credit for shutting them down and having them thinking too much about what they have to do. 

Mayweather is the reason why Canelo and Pacquiao don't just throw caution to the wind after the first few rounds.  

But he doesn't get any respect just like Hopkins didn't get any respect till he beat Trinidad, and even after that it still eluded him till he dismantled Tarver and later on Pavlik.  

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2015 - 08:55 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Its because Mayweather is a good boxer, counter puncher and faster than Pacquiao was. 

Pacquiao didn't want to get countered, everyone thinks if they bumrush Floyd they'll beat him but it isn't that easy and never is. 

We won't see greatness like Floyd again for a long time.. 18 year unbeaten.. the only guy that isn't on his resume at this point is 130 pound Casamayor.  

Floyd beat down Pacquiao tonight and Manny had no answer.  

Indeed it might not be easy, but why not at least [expletive]in' try? Joke man, joke. WAY too much respect or something else, who knows. Waste of [expletive]in' time. Seems like some of these guys just wanted the money and that was enough. No real pride for actually GOING FOR IT.

yo.

#66 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Indeed it might not be easy, but why not at least [expletive]in' try? Joke man, joke. WAY too much respect or something else, who knows. Waste of [expletive]in' time. Seems like some of these guys just wanted the money and that was enough. No real pride for actually GOING FOR IT.

They DO try. Mayweather just makes it look easy. That's the point.   If they go for it he'll keep countering them and could potentially knock him out.   Mayweather threw more and landed more than Pacquiao.  So he not only outboxed him he outhustled him.   That ... that no one saw coming. 

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#67 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:56 PM

Beat down PacMan?

If anyone thinks there was a beat down tonight then they haven't seen real boxing before in their life.

#68 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:57 PM

After the first 6 rounds, Mayweather had Pacquiao figured out and Manny had no answer. 

#69 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Max Kellerman being a dick to Pacquaio

• 43,801 posts

Nah, not always. Not when they're not throwing any punches for long ass stretches throughout the fight. That's NOT trying. 

Listen, I give credit to Mayweather for being smart as [expletive], although boring, but smart as [expletive], effective, and tactical, but that doesn't have 100% to do with the opponent not showing any or more actual pride and heart.

yo.

#71 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,231 posts

Reason why just to [expletive]ing good

#72 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,231 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:58 PM

Gtfoh pac had no answer and barely throw punches.

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:59 PM

Max Kellerman being a dick to Pacquaio

I don't see it that way. He's asking the right questions perplexed as to how you have all the time in the world to study your opponent, know what he's gonna' do, and STILL don't make any adjustments, even throughout the fight. I give some credit, but at the back of my mind, I always wonder if money has some bigger role in all of this or somewhere hidden in the contract. Just see too many things that don't make sense sometimes. I don't know how else to explain guys who have shown me heart and ability before just absolutely completely stop. No fire, no passion, no pride, no heart, no urgency. Unreal.

• Clutch Factor likes this

yo.

#74 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:59 PM

Lol and people paid a 100 bucks for that.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:00 PM

First row baby! :rock:

Lol.

yo.

#76 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:00 PM

First row baby! :rock:

Lol.

Same here, though they were all crashing like crazy, 

#77 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:01 PM

Underwhelmed for sure.

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:02 PM

Seriously, haha, but that seems to just about always be the case so what I do is have at least 7 or 8 tabs with different links provided from the site open at the same time and just almost constantly switch back & forth to ones that aren't going out, stuttering, or stopping and only keep one with audio on, which thankfully seems to stay, lol. It can be quite chaotic at times, but hey, it's free! 

yo.

#79 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:02 PM

Manny just seemed like he was fighting to avoid a knockout instead of using angles and a swing of punches to win.

• 43,801 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:04 PM

Lost a lot of respect tonight for Pacquiao as I did for Canelo in his showing against FMJR as well as true competitors. They didn't show me true heart, pride, and nor urgency. I can accept the losses, but not the manner in which they occured. No activity whatsoever for far too long throughout the fight. I don't see that as "trying 100%" or "giving it your all" & "laying it all on the line". 

$

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users