206 replies to this topic

#21 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,611 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Clarkson

Posted February 22, 2015 - 02:08 AM

Read somewhere that it'll be $89.99 for the PPV(and probably $10 more for HD).

God damn.

If you have some buddies coming over just charge them each $10 

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,081 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 23, 2015 - 08:14 AM

Some estimates have Mayweather getting a purse between 100-150 mil with Manny looking at a pay day of 80-120. That is a hell of a lot of money for one fight.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 23, 2015 - 12:46 PM

LOL at everyone acting so gung ho about how late this fight is. We all know we're all gonna be glued to the TV come fight night.
  • Marc Maron likes this

gifninja-1.gif

#24 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,583 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2015 - 04:02 PM

If you have some buddies coming over just charge them each $10 

I always think its a douche bag thing to do if u go over to someones house and don't pitch in.

• Michaelyumm likes this

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,385 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 23, 2015 - 05:08 PM

I always think its a douche bag thing to do if u go over to someones house and don't pitch in.

bring beer at least lol

• Yaboy likes this

#26 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,414 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted April 19, 2015 - 11:33 PM

http://www.dailymoti...n3VIXIslQzaP8Do

hR3rI.png

#27 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,385 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted April 20, 2015 - 04:10 PM

May said he's better than Muhammad Ali

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 20, 2015 - 05:06 PM

Mayweather's been undefeated for 18 years and is a 5 division 10 time world champion.

Much as people hate his brashness you can't act like he isn't in their company. 

Edited by Majesty, April 20, 2015 - 05:07 PM.

• MAMBA24ILL likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#29 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 20, 2015 - 06:34 PM

Mayweather's been undefeated for 18 years and is a 5 division 10 time world champion.

Much as people hate his brashness you can't act like he isn't in their company.

His fights have NEVER stacked up to those of Ali's. Floyd wants act like he's had some Foreman or Frazier fights that put him in the company of the greats. Nah, never has.

He's a terrific boxer, and he'll be remembered, but not in the company of Ali. It's not even a question.

#30 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,414 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted April 20, 2015 - 10:07 PM

People are kind of taking what he said out of context. He's telling SAS why he is where he is today and what mentality got him there.

"No one can ever brainwash me and make me believe that Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson were better than me...For me to give a sport my whole life...to say that there was another fighter better than me? Absolutely not!"

Starts at :55

Honestly love that mindset. And lol at him not being in the company of greats. He's not better that SRR or Ali but he is an All time great hate him or love him. 

• MAMBA24ILL and Majesty like this

hR3rI.png

#31 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 11:26 AM

I agree Marc. Same mentality that Kobe has, the utmost belief in oneself.

Aside from the DeLaHoya fight, it's been a good minute since another fighter has be able to make a match epic with Floyd. 

• Marc Maron likes this

gifninja-1.gif

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 21, 2015 - 11:39 AM

His fights have NEVER stacked up to those of Ali's. Floyd wants act like he's had some Foreman or Frazier fights that put him in the company of the greats. Nah, never has.

He's a terrific boxer, and he'll be remembered, but not in the company of Ali. It's not even a question.

Nostalgia is also a big reason.

Ali beat Liston, Frazier and Foreman.

That's the biggest names you'll find on his list.

Mayweather beat the linear Champs and names of his time as well. The only guy he didn't fight that I wish he did was Casamayor when they were both at 130.

Other than that.

G. Hernandez
Corrales
Hernandez
Castillo
Chavez
Gatti
Hatton
Judah
Baldomir
Marquez
Cotto
Oscar
Mosley
Guerrero
Alvarez

Mayweather resume at 130, 135, 147 and 154 all match up with the greats for how much he dominated his era and 18 years of dominance, 16 of which he has held a world title of some sort.

Don't blame Floyd for the Era, appreciate the greatness.

Edited by Majesty, April 22, 2015 - 02:37 PM.

• MAMBA24ILL likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#33 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,754 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 30, 2015 - 06:37 AM

Did you guys heard what Freddie Roach said on the radio?  Don't be surprised if the fight will be canceled on Saturday.  Mayweather might flake on the fight.  Why? Because he can do whatever he wants. Imagine that happening. Imagine people paying huge money to be at the fight and paying hundreds and even thousands to book hotels and reseverations for the fight and millions of people spending 100 bucks for the pay per view and a few hours before Mayweather said "i dont feel good I dont think I'll be fighting".   I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Mayweather is that kind of person. He doesn't care about anyone or anything or care about hurting anybody. Its all about him and this is the only fight that Mayweather did not choose.  He been running away from Pacman for years and now he think that its the best oppitunity to beat up on a "pass his prime" pacman.   I wouldn't be surprised if mayweather do a cowardly act and postpone the fight last minute  because Freddie Roach said he miss his training for three days. 

#34 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,754 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 30, 2015 - 06:40 AM

The prediction of the fight i noticed is almost all the same.  Almost everyone is rooting for Paquao however more people pick Mayweather to win.  Rooting interest and picking who will win is totally different.  I think mayweather will win but I pick Pacman. Why? Because my fiance is filipino and I will be watching the fight at her relatives house with a bunch of loud filipino people screaming on almost every punch Paquao do.  I probably the only non filipino at the house.

Edited by epicwolf, April 30, 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#35 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

• 10,257 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 11:45 AM

Did you guys heard what Freddie Roach said on the radio?  Don't be surprised if the fight will be canceled on Saturday.  Mayweather might flake on the fight.  Why? Because he can do whatever he wants. Imagine that happening. Imagine people paying huge money to be at the fight and paying hundreds and even thousands to book hotels and reseverations for the fight and millions of people spending 100 bucks for the pay per view and a few hours before Mayweather said "i dont feel good I dont think I'll be fighting".   I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. Mayweather is that kind of person. He doesn't care about anyone or anything or care about hurting anybody. Its all about him and this is the only fight that Mayweather did not choose.  He been running away from Pacman for years and now he think that its the best oppitunity to beat up on a "pass his prime" pacman.   I wouldn't be surprised if mayweather do a cowardly act and postpone the fight last minute  because Freddie Roach said he miss his training for three days. 

You reading into Freddie's mind games way too much. 

gifninja-1.gif

#36 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 01, 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hoping Mayweather gets KTFO, still putting my $ on him though. $50.

if i lose, [expletive] it Mayweather still lost so whatever, if he wins, sucks that he won but i'll pocket $50.

#37 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,561 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 02, 2015 - 11:04 AM

Mayweather is in their company but he also fought very few big time guys at their peak as well.  His wins are padded.  Oh, also, Mayweather beats women - habitually.  He has 5 convictions for doing so.  The guy's a grade A jerkwad.

I root for Pacquiao but i just don't see him beating Mayweather.

• FranklinPeanuts and Lakerace24 like this

#38 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,960 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted May 02, 2015 - 11:44 AM

i know this was asked before but how do i post an image/picture? trying do it but just cant, just wanna share paul william's picture, ran into him here in las vegas 2 days ago

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#39 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 02, 2015 - 12:09 PM

Manny fights fast and aggressive, Floyd is tactical and boring. I hope we see a fun and eventful fight, but I doubt it. I see another Floyd victory.

Not rooting for anyone though. Just wanna have a good time wherever I am. 

#40 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 02, 2015 - 12:38 PM

Mayweather is in their company but he also fought very few big time guys at their peak as well. His wins are padded. Oh, also, Mayweather beats women - habitually. He has 5 convictions for doing so. The guy's a grade A jerkwad.

I root for Pacquiao but i just don't see him beating Mayweather.

I feel the exact same way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users