Photo

Jay Z straight up horrified when Kanye walks to the stage during Grammys

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 09, 2015 - 06:19 PM

Lol he thought it was gonna be Taylor Swift part 2
  • JEN and KobeBeef24 like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 10, 2015 - 09:07 AM

Kanye is the best god father in the world. lol I can only imagine the things he would do to stand up for Kim if she was an artistic person with any talent. 

Funny thing is Kanye went on a rant how the grammys have to respect artist and the artistic form to keep getting real artist to come back. Kanye I hate to break it to you but Beck can play 10 instruments and writes his own material, Beyonce has roughly 3 writers per song and really has no hand in the production of it, who really is the artist here aha

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2015 - 05:55 PM

https://twitter.com/...661930971783169

hey 

#4 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 11, 2015 - 09:46 PM

Kanye has been making nothing but pretentious hipster trash since Graduation.

• DeeZee and RobBlake like this

#5 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 11, 2015 - 10:16 PM

Kanye has been making nothing but pretentious hipster trash since Graduation.

Sure kanye is talented and can create catchy tunes.. but he isn't all time and he's bought into his own hype so his stuff isn't where it COULD BE... Yeezus.. meh.. he's a good mainstream artist.. but he could be more than that if he humbled himself.. music reflects the artist

Edited by RobBlake, February 11, 2015 - 10:16 PM.

ap1.png

#6 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 10:19 PM

Kanye is the best god father in the world. lol I can only imagine the things he would do to stand up for Kim if she was an artistic person with any talent. 

Funny thing is Kanye went on a rant how the grammys have to respect artist and the artistic form to keep getting real artist to come back. Kanye I hate to break it to you but Beck can play 10 instruments and writes his own material, Beyonce has roughly 3 writers per song and really has no hand in the production of it, who really is the artist here aha

well lets respect Bey, cause she is def an artist and her voice is her instrument and she has a mastery over it... kanye put both beck and bey in a weird light... douchebag thing to do to his homie.

ap1.png

#7 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted February 11, 2015 - 10:26 PM

Sure kanye is talented and can create catchy tunes.. but he isn't all time and he's bought into his own hype so his stuff isn't where it COULD BE... Yeezus.. meh.. he's a good mainstream artist.. but he could be more than that if he humbled himself.. music reflects the artist

I loved his first album, thought his second album was meh, and thought Graduation was pretty good.

He's undeniably an awesome producer, but I wish he would make more music like his earlier albums. Songs like "everything I am" from Graduation are some of my favorite rap songs of the last decade or so.

I feel like modern hipster publications like Pitchfork Media rush to crown Kanye because they normally don't listen to rap and they think his music is "avant garde" or different, even though neither of those adjectives necessarily correlate with "better". Freddie Gibbs and Kendrick Lamar are "traditional" rap artists, but the music they make is fantastic.

Lately, Kanye strikes me as a whining fashionista more than a music artist.

#8 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 947 posts

Posted February 12, 2015 - 06:50 AM

Kanye acts a fool with Beck and Taylor Swift. Real tough guy.

#9 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted February 12, 2015 - 08:42 PM

well lets respect Bey, cause she is def an artist and her voice is her instrument and she has a mastery over it... kanye put both beck and bey in a weird light... douchebag thing to do to his homie.

With all due respect, her voice ain't all that. It's pop music adequate, but mastery? Nah.
There are many greater vocal talents out there.

I though the funniest thing was Kanye commenting after he "performed" using auto tune.

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 12, 2015 - 09:14 PM

Meh Yeezus had one "Graduation" style song.

ironically it's the one that went viral for people hating it, talking about the video more than the song itself ;) which I think was his point. 

Edited by Majesty, February 12, 2015 - 09:15 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#11 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 12, 2015 - 09:26 PM

I love Kanye. Mainly because of the outrage I hear when I say that.

But he hasn't produced an album I've hated. Liked or loved them all.

If you can't enjoy him as a rapper, take a look at that last John Legend album and tell me this guy isn't one of the most talented who's ever done it.

#12 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted February 12, 2015 - 10:31 PM

With all due respect, her voice ain't all that. It's pop music adequate, but mastery? Nah.
There are many greater vocal talents out there.

I though the funniest thing was Kanye commenting after he "performed" using auto tune.

I'm not a beyonce mega fan, but she has a large range and one of the better voices in mainstream.. i agree i prefer others but i'm not gonna hate on her talent/money maker

ap1.png

#13 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted February 12, 2015 - 11:15 PM

I love Kanye. Mainly because of the outrage I hear when I say that.

But he hasn't produced an album I've hated. Liked or loved them all.

If you can't enjoy him as a rapper, take a look at that last John Legend album and tell me this guy isn't one of the most talented who's ever done it.

He's one of the best producers, of course. From The Blueprint, to Common's "be", to his solo stuff his ear for making great beats and chopping up samples is legendary.

His latest music hasn't been able to hit the highs I know he can, though. This is all just my opinion, of course.

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted February 13, 2015 - 08:06 PM

Lol Kanye isn't all time? Hasn't produced anything of quality since graduation?

Good lord

Haha
Posted Image

#15 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted February 13, 2015 - 11:03 PM

Lol Kanye isn't all time? Hasn't produced anything of quality since graduation?

Good lord

Haha

LOL, opinions. Calm down, slugger. I don't need to explain why I'm not enamored by his latest music. 808's and Hearbreak was a laughable attempt at singing for him, Watch The Throne he was consistently outshone by Jay-Z, MBDTF was a pretentious snooze fest of an album. These are all just my opinions. You're welcome to differ without belittlement. 

Edited by Mychal, February 13, 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2015 - 11:43 PM

Meh Yeezus had one "Graduation" style song.

ironically it's the one that went viral for people hating it, talking about the video more than the song itself ;) which I think was his point. 

funny if you've seen the kanye vid

• -Wade- and Majesty like this

Posted Image

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:14 AM

LOL, opinions. Calm down, slugger. I don't need to explain why I'm not enamored by his latest music. 808's and Hearbreak was a laughable attempt at singing for him, Watch The Throne he was consistently outshone by Jay-Z, MBDTF was a pretentious snooze fest of an album. These are all just my opinions. You're welcome to differ without belittlement.

Irony. Most people with a significantly more established knowledge base in music disagree with you

Sorry
Posted Image

#18 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:33 AM

Irony. Most people with a significantly more established knowledge base in music disagree with you

Sorry

How do you know my base in music? I've been listening to rap music pretty religiously since I was a teen, and have over 35,000 tracks played on last.fm of mostly rap music.(http://www.last.fm/user/IIImatic) In addition, I'm proficient at drums, keys, piano, clarinet, and cymbals. It's nice that you know my background in music, though. Didn't know I met you before.

My opinion is just that, my subjective opinion on a piece of music. I truly couldn't care less if an editor of a magazine likes the albums or not, as I'm reasonably certain I've listened to more rap in my life than Rolling Stone and Pitchfork. Their opinions are theirs, mine is mine. I truly don't know why you have such an issue with why I don't like his latest albums.

Edited by Mychal, February 28, 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:39 AM

Who has the issue? Look at your post length compared to mine. I could care less. You just have funny irony in your posts. You attack me for assuming your musical knowledge base then say you have listened to more rap in your life than rollingstone and pitchfork

It's funny
Posted Image

#20 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted February 28, 2015 - 12:43 AM

Who has the issue? Look at your post length compared to mine. I could care less. You just have funny irony in your posts. You attack me for assuming your musical knowledge base then say you have listened to more rap in your life than rollingstone and pitchfork

It's funny

Reading those publications, it's easy to tell that their writers have an elementary amount of experience writing about rap albums. No assuming there. When a writer reviews ten indie rock albums for every one rap album they give attention to, it's pretty easy to surmise that I listen to more rap than them.

You're the one that ultimately entered this thread to laugh at an opinion. Bravo.

Edited by Mychal, February 28, 2015 - 12:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users