Photo

Blake Griffin to have elbow surgery (staph infection); expected to miss 4-6 weeks

blake griffin clippers

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2015 - 11:20 AM

Clippers just announced that Blake Griffin will undergo elbow surgery and is out indefinitely

Clippers' Blake Griffin is expected out four weeks, based on how his MRI looks. Will be clarified post-surgery tomorrow.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, February 08, 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,339 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2015 - 12:11 PM

well then

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted February 08, 2015 - 12:15 PM

Staph infections are no fun. I get them on my pinky sometimes, but it doesn't spread for me

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 08, 2015 - 12:31 PM

damian-lillard-red.jpg :bleh:  :bleh:  :bleh:

• Mr Terrific and PuigNotLate like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,993 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2015 - 12:37 PM

They were up and down with him. They will be weak without him. Doc will make another bone head move as GM.. the clippers. HA!!!!
  • BasketballIQ and MaceWindu like this

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,759 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted February 08, 2015 - 01:20 PM

Edited by Mr Terrific, February 08, 2015 - 01:21 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,559 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:07 PM

DJ's time to shine.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,249 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 08, 2015 - 02:10 PM

Good news, unfortunate that a player is hurt.  However, without Blake the Clippers will further decline in the standings making the 2nd round pick more likely to transfer to LA at an even earlier slot.

• Lakersfan1211 likes this

#9 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 1,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted February 08, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Since when do you need surgery on a staph infection? A round of IV antibiotics with coverage for staph should be enough. I could understand surgery if the staph infection spread to the bone and became osteomyelitis, but surgery just seems weird....

#10 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 03:30 PM

I really wish they'd stop using the term "indefinitely", thrown around so loosely in the NBA.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,339 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 03:45 PM

I really wish they'd stop using the term "indefinitely", thrown around so loosely in the NBA.

Indefinitely sounds worse than 'till he's healthy enough to play.' 

just as 'contusion' sounds worse than 'bruise' which is what it is. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 04:00 PM

Good news, unfortunate that a player is hurt.  However, without Blake the Clippers will further decline in the standings making the 2nd round pick more likely to transfer to LA at an even earlier slot.

Thanks for explaining the Clippers pick, I was about to ask if Clips need to lose or win games for Lakers to get the pick.

#13 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,249 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for explaining the Clippers pick, I was about to ask if Clips need to lose or win games for Lakers to get the pick.

They have it protected at either the 50 or 56-60.  Clippers are way out of the 56-60 range now and will likely fall mucher lower than 50. 

• Lakersfan1211 likes this

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,681 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 08, 2015 - 05:29 PM

They have it protected at either the 50 or 56-60.  Clippers are way out of the 56-60 range now and will likely fall mucher lower than 50. 

what trade was that

#15 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,545 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 08, 2015 - 06:50 PM

In the bummed out camp.

Have them at 8-1 to win championship (250 pays out 2250.00). Now they wont even have home court in round 1.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#16 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted February 08, 2015 - 08:13 PM

what trade was that

Lin. We got Houston's pick (protected if they miss the playoffs) and Clippers 2nd round protected as stated above.

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 08, 2015 - 09:27 PM

Lin. We got Houston's pick (protected if they miss the playoffs) and Clippers 2nd round protected as stated above.

That was a great trade when I look at it now. We were gonna suck no matter what so we took a one year over payed bench player and got 2 picks. That houston pick might end up being pretty good too. 

#18 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,249 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 01:00 PM

That was a great trade when I look at it now. We were gonna suck no matter what so we took a one year over payed bench player and got 2 picks. That houston pick might end up being pretty good too. 

Yeah with Dwight out for about 2 months and the West always being a tough race Houston may falter a bit in the standings.  Hopefully they do so we can potentially land Levert.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,339 posts

Posted February 09, 2015 - 02:34 PM

Yeah with Dwight out for about 2 months and the West always being a tough race Houston may falter a bit in the standings.  Hopefully they do so we can potentially land Levert.

When it comes down to it, LeVert and Russell are the two I'd be most happy with landing in the draft.  All else be darned I think LeVert could turn into a 2nd scoring option on a team if given the chance, he is 6'7 primary size for a shooting guard, has the handle, can pass, can shoot.  He's not as good as passer as Russell and handling of point guard duties like Russell can.   

But they make a good combination.  It just depends imo what Clarkson shows, if he can be a viable starter. Because if he can that's gonna be a tough scenario.  But if Clarkson shows that he is a viable scoring 2 or 1 off the bench that could be a different spin on things.    Just depends really. 

Clarkson said it himself he wants to be "great" and he plays like he wants it too so we'll see. 

But as far as THIS draft, the two gems I'd love to land would be Russell and LeVert.  

If it honestly came down to it we could play LeVert at the 3 as he grew into his body more, 6'7 is a fine size for a 2 or a 3.  So we'll see how it transpires.   

But the most important thing is they'd all fit together.   I'd be fine with either Clarkson or LeVert being our starting 2 once Kobe has retired.  to be honest.  I'd also be fine with LeVert at the 2 and Clarkson at backup 1. 

IF everyone pans out I would assume in 2-3 years this would be our lineup with our prospects and contracts to re-sign(I'll include Ed Davis)

D'angelo Russell

Caris LeVert

(Small Forward)
Julius Randle
(Center) 

Bench: 
Jordan Clarkson

Nick Young 
Ryan Kelly

Tarik Black

Ed Davis 

At this point it's about getting a strong small forward for your future and a starting center.  

The question is, who could be the small forward and the center. 

I KNOW the Lakers end game after the cap jump is Durant followed by Anthony Davis, I know that.    But those are the two gaps that are open.   The team Mitch has to create is a team a star could fall into and take somewhere.   In 2018 I could see them going after DeMarcus Cousins which fits the 2-3 seasons timeline.  

So the question is if Durant would join this team in 2016?  Not unless Russell or LeVert looked like all-stars out of the gate and not even HE did in his first year. It would take them 2-3 seasons to come around.   The only even bit of hope you'd have in Durant coming here would be a healthy, efficient Kobe who is playing at a high level enough and willing to stick around but given the circumstances of the past two seasons he needs to have a healthy and extremely efficient season FIRST.  

So right now the Lakers look like they aren't going to make the 'gigantic' free agent splash till at least 2017, or 2018.  At which time Kobe will be retired. 

So your two splashes you'll attempt is 2017 with Anthony Davis if he opts out of New Orleans to test the free agent market and 2018 where DeMarcus Cousins becomes a free agent.  That's the earliest you'd look. 

I think Durant is going to Washington most likely, strictly because he can't depend on his body like he used to and he's 26 years old, will be 28 when he's a free agent.  He doesn't have 2-3 years to wait around for a team to become a championship contender.  If the Lakers landed him in 2016 with two rookies and Kobe returning then color me the most shocked I have ever been in a free agent signing the Lakers have ever made.   Because I will say right now if Durant doesn't come, Kobe is retiring, so we need to plan right now as if both of those things are happening. 

Edited by Majesty, February 09, 2015 - 02:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blake griffin, clippers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users