Photo

Emmis Communications Sues Big Boy For Trying To Leave Power 106

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 04, 2015 - 10:23 AM

Big-Boi.jpg

West coast radio personality Big Boy is trying to leave his homestead Power 106.1 but its parent company, Emmis Communications, isn’t having it.

Big Boy has been with Emmis over two decades but his contract will be ending soon. Emmis said they would be more than happy to renew it but it turns out that Big Boy wants to jump ship and work for their competitor, iHeartMedia.

While hosting his Big Boy’s Neighborhood morning show, he was reportedly making $1.45 million a year and received bonuses and a car, but iHeartMedia is offering to pay him $3.5 million and spoil him with more perks, including access to a private jet. Emmis matched their offer in efforts to keep him, but Big told them that he’s leaving anyway.

Emmis is now taking this matter to the courts and has asked a judge for an order to prevent Big Boy from leaving. They are also suing him for $5 million.

http://allhiphop.com...s-sues-big-boy/

#2 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 792 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 11:17 AM

Listen to the radio in 2015 brehs QbadP.png

• ace™ likes this

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2015 - 05:50 PM

You can't force someone to sign a contract. I'm not sure where Emmis thinks they are going with this.

• FranklinPeanuts, pkflyers, JEN and 3 others like this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#4 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,902 posts

Posted February 04, 2015 - 07:27 PM

Haven't listened to Big Boy in so long

b3vgxe.jpg

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,839 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 05, 2015 - 11:20 AM

but if they wanted to fire him and bring in somebody form another competitor, they could and would. they need to go sit down

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 05, 2015 - 12:42 PM

They should just let him go. It would be so awkward if they won & then have to see the guy every morning.

gifninja-1.gif

#7 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted February 05, 2015 - 02:07 PM

lol so stupid.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,473 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2015 - 03:41 PM

They should just let him go. It would be so awkward if they won & then have to see the guy every morning.

On top of that, they would eventually have to let him go anyways from a business perspective. Assuming Big Boy is coerced into going back to work each morning, what are they going to do when he remains silent during a broadcast? Are they going to put a gun to his head and force him to talk?

Emmis would lose a lot of money if Big Boy remained silent or spoke in a monotone voice. It makes little sense to go through that, other than to temporarily draw in attention. In the long term though, it could be a big mistake.

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users