#21 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 23, 2015 - 04:28 AM

I wonder if he'll even attend?

Cant remember which player it was that gave up his starting position to Jordan in MJ's last all star game, but i remember thinking it was totally classy.

(It was Vince Carter apparently)

Hope Kobe goes and they do some sort of tribute even though its probably not his last season.

(Not that I'll watch the game, its garbage)

Edited by kball, January 23, 2015 - 04:52 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#22 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,204 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2015 - 04:43 AM

congratulations but he wont be there..

[expletive]ing harden will start. i hate that [expletive]...

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 23, 2015 - 02:48 PM

This tells me a lot about the magnitude of Kobe vs Lebron and Kobe vs Durant.  First of all, anybody who said Durant is a superstar needs to understand one thing. Durant will never be as popular as Lebron or Kobe ever.  Look at what happen. Kobe barely plays this season and he got voted in as a starter while Durant got left out.  Kevin Durant to me is like a Dominque Wilkin. An amazing player and an all star. Hall of fame even.  But he is not a superstar. He can walk into a person home and nobody even know who he is.  Only NBA fans know who Kevin Durant is.   Kobe Bryant to me is in a statosphere by himself in terms of being famous. Kevin Durant have a long way to go to even be mention in the same breathe as Kobe.  Even Lebron James admit that he is not where Kobe is right now in terms of popularity and an actual ICON.   When we are in the basketball world ofcourse we know about every players but try to take yourself out of the NBA world. Talk to people who never watch a single game. Talk to people who doesn't even know the last championship team was.  Last time I talk to an old lady about the NBA and she even said "All i know is Kobe Bryant."  This shows me a lot.  Kobe is in Jordan level in terms of popularity now.

Edited by epicwolf, January 23, 2015 - 02:50 PM.

• jax24 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe Bryant, The Greatest of All Time, Lakers Greatest Player Ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users