164 replies to this topic

#161 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 227 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2015 - 08:00 PM

Best-case scenario for Rondo to raise his stock back to an elite level is for a Dallas-OKC match-up in the Playoffs where he completely shuts down Westbrook. Otherwise, I have a hard time seeing anyone committing big money long-term on him.

hey 

#162 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 09, 2015 - 08:45 PM

If and when Rondo impresses in the post-season that stock will shoot back up. Particularly if Dallas wins another title.

That is a big if because he isn't the same player he used to be. He is grossly overrated and I hope we are not dumb enough to overpay for him because Kobe likes him

#163 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 09, 2015 - 11:52 PM

Mudiay, Russell, Clarkson. All better options.

• Jody Smokes likes this

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#164 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 10, 2015 - 04:46 PM

If the Lakers had at least 2012-2013 Kobe and a legitimate big, I'd be open to signing Rondo. An extreme competitor, has exceptional court vision, and although not elite, he's still an above average on-ball defender. 

But signing a 29 year old PG who has had injury concerns in the near past, has no confidence in his shot, and cannot make FT's (cancels out dribble penetration and getting to the line) wouldn't be the smartest move.

If the Lakers miss out on other free agents and Rondo is available at a reasonable price, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FO does sign him. With the cap rising in 2016 and the Lakers in rebuilding mode, now would be the time to sign an asset at a price that will seem more valuable after the cap rise, and in return may be exchanged for other asset(s).

• lakerfan98 likes this

#165 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2015 - 06:59 PM

If the Lakers miss out on other free agents and Rondo is available at a reasonable price, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FO does sign him. With the cap rising in 2016 and the Lakers in rebuilding mode, now would be the time to sign an asset at a price that will seem more valuable after the cap rise, and in return may be exchanged for other asset(s).

If we strike out i think I could live with signing Rondo for 3 years 30 mil or 4 years 40 mil with a team option on the 4th year.

Closer to a Luol Deng type deal than a Kyle Lowry one.

Edited by lakerfan98, March 11, 2015 - 08:49 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe Bryant, Rajon Rondo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users