#61 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,837 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 22, 2015 - 04:56 PM

U can't have a Lebron every free agency, [expletive] would be crazy if there was that much talent in the NBA

2div

#62 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2015 - 05:36 PM

No Butler for #Knicks RT @NickFriedell John Paxson tells @WaddleandSilvy Bulls will match any offer sheet Butler signs - even if it's a max

Edited by Lakersfan1211, January 22, 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#63 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted January 22, 2015 - 06:45 PM

Stick it to Chicago, offer the max and force them to match. Make them pay the a bigger luxury tax. 

#64 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 2,066 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted January 22, 2015 - 06:49 PM

Stick it to Chicago, offer the max and force them to match. Make them pay the a bigger luxury tax. 

That's the best way to ruin their franchise and to stuck at cap space.

2449wqt.jpg

#65 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2015 - 10:43 PM

I dont like seeing players develope when its their contract season then after they sign the contract they all of a sudden disappear. Im not saying he will but there's always a good chance.

#66 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2017 - 09:43 AM

I would do this trade in a heartbeat... people are saying you don't do it because we're not going to the playoffs anyways but that's the whole point of it. You sign an all star player to attract another all star to come and join him so we can make the playoffs and complete for the playoffs...

#67 LACAS

LACAS

Starter

• 4,251 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted June 02, 2017 - 09:20 AM

I would do this trade in a heartbeat... people are saying you don't do it because we're not going to the playoffs anyways but that's the whole point of it. You sign an all star player to attract another all star to come and join him so we can make the playoffs and complete for the playoffs...

Star players don't like to play with other star players

#68 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,580 posts

Posted June 03, 2017 - 04:07 PM

Yeah easier said than done.

Why hasn't anyone joined AD? DMC in kings? Butler? Kawhi ? Lillard? Lowry? Wall?

#69 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 04, 2017 - 12:37 PM

Why hasn't anyone joined AD? DMC in kings? Butler? Kawhi ? Lillard? Lowry? Wall?

Contracts??

#70 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,580 posts

Posted June 04, 2017 - 01:18 PM

Contracts??

Yup. Lots of factors come to play.

#71 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 979 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted June 05, 2017 - 01:51 AM

Y

#72 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,981 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2017 - 02:43 PM

They traded for Cousins

SAC traded for Gay

CHI got rid of Rose, Noah left and signed Wade in the same offseason...not enough time to see if someone wants to join them.

Aldridge joined Kawhi

POR drafted CJ McCollum and ran Aldridge off

Lowry?

WAS drafted Beal and landed NeNe and Gortat

Edited by GCMD, June 05, 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#73 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted June 05, 2017 - 03:13 PM

I wonder if we even somehow got Wall, Butler, PG and Boogie next season (4 all stars at different positions) if we scratch GS warrior territory.

Such a terrifying thought on how good GS actually is

Edited by kball, June 05, 2017 - 03:14 PM.

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#74 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,580 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 03:18 PM

They traded for Cousins

SAC traded for Gay

CHI got rid of Rose, Noah left and signed Wade in the same offseason...not enough time to see if someone wants to join them.

Aldridge joined Kawhi

POR drafted CJ McCollum and ran Aldridge off

Lowry?

WAS drafted Beal and landed NeNe and Gortat

I dont get your point.

Getting an Allstar doesnt mean its easy to lure others to join.. Some players are limited by their contracts while others are incentivized by the CBA to get more money if they stood pat.

We havent seen superstars join forces other than unique circumstances:

LeBron collaborated with his friends who were in the same draft and hence, had their contracts end at the same time

Golden State built through draft and basically hit the jackpot with Green.. All were under solid contracts that was enough to land Durant.

#75 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,580 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 03:21 PM

I wonder if we even somehow got Wall, Butler, PG and Boogie next season (4 all stars at different positions) if we scratch GS warrior territory.

Thats not realistically an option unless they all get MAD discount to play together, its not even close to LeBron's Heat type of discount.

Lose money, put ego on the side, and not have a clear cut superstar to be the captain among that group? War of equals. Not worth if i were any of them..

#76 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted June 05, 2017 - 04:02 PM

Didnt mean to imply it was possible.

Just an example of stacking our roster with big time all stars that do lots of things well and we'd still be far away from top.

Still,i'd like that team to root for

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#77 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,701 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 05, 2017 - 06:22 PM

Didnt mean to imply it was possible.
Just an example of stacking our roster with big time all stars that do lots of things well and we'd still be far away from top.

Still,i'd like that team to root for

This team was 10 and 10. Russell got hurt and we went 2 and 18.
I think with the expected growth is akin to last year's Wolves. Over 30 wins. With about 10 close losses

#78 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,981 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2017 - 07:39 PM

I dont get your point.

Getting an Allstar doesnt mean its easy to lure others to join.. Some players are limited by their contracts while others are incentivized by the CBA to get more money if they stood pat.

We havent seen superstars join forces other than unique circumstances:

LeBron collaborated with his friends who were in the same draft and hence, had their contracts end at the same time

Golden State built through draft and basically hit the jackpot with Green.. All were under solid contracts that was enough to land Durant.

I wasn't claiming they landed superstars.  Just pointed out they did attract players or made moves.  They didn't bow out of the market and wait on their player to become a top 3 player in the league.

#79 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 05:06 AM

Sadly True. The NBA Gods definitely smiled on GS. Currys last contract alone was a gift. Klay being Klay. The bench and lastly the Salary cap change timeliness. Cray Cray. Do they even have a 30 year old in the starting line up??

#80 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 05:20 AM

The reality for us is we need 1 or 2 GREAT free agency signings, a couple of our young guns to have breakout seasons and we need to get lucky with a hidden jewel. On top of all that we need to land a nice bench FA or two. And when I say a couple of our young guns need breakout season I don't necessarily mean Randle Russell and Clarkson. We need someone from last season to have a surprise year. We need a Draymond to just appear from the seeds we have planted. The other issues is most of Golden States current starting roster have never played for a losing team. I think Klay and Steph had 1 maybe 2 bad seasons and have been in a winning culture ever since. IMO this is going to be the most important season to our organization in a long time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users