• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,532 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:25 AM

I'm sure the same goes with Marc. They'll offer it, but there's no real chance that they'll leave.

#22 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,705 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:26 AM

We certainly would be formidable if we got Butler...if only somehow we can snatch up D'Andre Jordan from the clippers....then pick up our PG in the Draft...

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,462 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:46 AM

Dragic,Chandler/Lopez

Draft wings
Randle's return

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,268 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 20, 2015 - 12:46 PM

Definately would take him in a heartbeat but like you guys said, Bulls love him and will max him no matter what.

Looking at how his numbers are dropping and the fact Thibs is Plaging him 40 mins a game this season I worry for his health..

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#25 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,457 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 20, 2015 - 04:36 PM

So is half the league.
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#26 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 06:20 PM

Butler and knight would be a steal. Very very doubtful we'd get either.

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 20, 2015 - 06:31 PM

As long as they put in the effort to improve the roster better than what it is

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:18 PM

I'm sure the same goes with Marc. They'll offer it, but there's no real chance that they'll leave.

There's always a chance and the Bulls let both Deng, Asik and Korver leave for nothing. 

The idea, i think, is to offer him a max with trade kickers and a few player options. That would make him difficult for the Bulls to trade and they'd have to treat him as a possible FA each summer. They probably match though, but we at least should try. Same with Kawhi. 

#29 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,764 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:26 PM

They have his birds rights right? They will be at 61 mill.. so theybwont be able to do much. The Lakers offer the max.. Chicago bites and they are pretty much the same team with two draft picks in this year's draft.

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 09:39 PM

They have his birds rights right? They will be at 61 mill.. so theybwont be able to do much. The Lakers offer the max.. Chicago bites and they are pretty much the same team with two draft picks in this year's draft.

He's a restricted free agent so the Bulls can match any offer and they should match any offer with Butler. 

#31 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,532 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 20, 2015 - 10:18 PM

There's always a chance and the Bulls let both Deng, Asik and Korver leave for nothing.

The idea, i think, is to offer him a max with trade kickers and a few player options. That would make him difficult for the Bulls to trade and they'd have to treat him as a possible FA each summer. They probably match though, but we at least should try. Same with Kawhi.

Butler Noah and Rose with Pau is a championship team when healthy. They know that, and know they have to lock up Butler going forward. Deng is near Butler's level, but Butler is 22. Korver and Asik are replaceable, Butler isn't.

#32 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:05 PM

LOL...since we're stating the obvious, it's going to rain in Seattle...

Butler stays in CHI or leaves for something much better than the Lakers will be next season.

tenor.gif

#33 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:23 PM

^^ I dont disagre, but you at least have to try and who the hell knows what happens. I dont think anyone expected Houston to let go of Chandler Parsons either, but they did. Worst case, we make Chicago pay the maximum amount.

Also, the idea that players only choose their destination solely on what they are going to do the following season, instead of the next, say 3-5 or 5-10 years is completely false and while i could see someone like Dragic (29), Rondo (28) or Gasol (29) wanting to go a win-now situation, i think younger guys like Kawhi (23), Butler (25), Reggie Jackson (24) and Brandon Knight (23) could be interested in going to a team like the Lakers - a major market, with a ton of cap space and possibly two young studs in Randle and ...Okafor/Towns/Turner/Mudiay/Russel/Johnson.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, January 20, 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#34 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:36 PM

Wouldn't hurt. And in the off chance they don't match you get quite an impressive young player

Both Leonard and butler are worth that chance. Worst case scenario we're exactly where we were before
Posted Image

#35 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 20, 2015 - 11:38 PM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained
  • DanishLakerFan, CueTheRain and RickyStarFox like this

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,268 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 21, 2015 - 12:13 AM

Problem is, I think Jimmy is gonna start to come back down to earth.  If not from anything else but from Thibs already burning him out just 2 months into the season. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#37 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 21, 2015 - 05:54 AM

Butler's ascension reminds me of PG's kinda.

Solid player skilled in many areas with the ability to WOW when called upon with minutes and opportunity.

And even carry a team.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 21, 2015 - 06:06 AM

Depends on what earth is.  He's already shown he's much better than he was last year.  His scoring this month due to poor shooting has dipped a bit but overall its still not a blip on the radar.  He's improved. 

Problem is, I think Jimmy is gonna start to come back down to earth.  If not from anything else but from Thibs already burning him out just 2 months into the season. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#39 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 21, 2015 - 09:34 AM

Should make the offer for him & COach Thibs. HEard he on hot seat

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#40 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,851 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 21, 2015 - 11:57 AM

Looking at how his numbers are dropping and the fact Thibs is Plaging him 40 mins a game this season I worry for his health..

His numbers are dropping because he plays 40 minutes every game... lol thibs runs everyone down the drain man

"Busto Ball" - troll

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jimmy Butler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users