Photo

Super Bowl XLIX: Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#141 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2015 - 06:55 AM

And the beat goes on 

B80c_MLCUAAKf_F.png

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#142 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2015 - 06:56 AM

NBA PLAYERS REACT 

bhyqeo.jpg

14dzr45.jpg

24desg1.jpg

15nlzsm.jpg

zmm5b6.jpg

11cf4vt.jpg

micocw.jpg

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#143 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:34 AM

The many people complaining about that PASS PLAY CALL is straight stupid.

Its 2nd and goal from the 1 yard line with 20 seconds and a time out left.

Carrol opts for a pass play....AND THATS OK.

A pass play can only have 3 outcomes. And only 1 of them is really bad.

Carrol trusted in Wilson to make the right play. If the obvious TD wasnt there, throw the ball away. Dont force it. Seattle will still have 2-3 plays to punch it it. Just dont throw a interception and all is fine.

So if Wilson throws a TD, then Carrol is a genius play caller. If Wilson throws the ball away, its 3rd and goal from the one and the defense has to atleast CONTEMPLATE pass protection now, possibly helping Lych punch it in. So then if Lynch punches it in on the following play Carrol is a genius play caller. But Wilson throws a game ending interception and instead Carrol is the horrid play caller....lol

Wilson choked and forced it. News flash...all qbs throw interceptions.

Now imagine if Seattle converts a TD on that play or the 2 after.....The same scrutiny Carrol is getting would have been passed to Belicheck for not calling a Time Out to preserve the clock for Brady. But instead Wilson chokes, throws the game ending int and Belicheck looks like a genius for not calling a time out.

Its so easy for all these ass holes to coach from the couch.

But lets be honest....

Seahawks would have been blown out if even 2 of 3 of Wilsons hailmary down field chuck passes went differently.

If the 60 yard pass to Mathews had been flagged for him pushing the defensive back and creating 2 feet of space...seahawks lose 10 yards and sit on the ball till half time. And if the pass that set up that 4th quarter game deciding play had fallen incomplete.....instead of bouncing off Kearse's shin, heel, elbow, knee, foot and into his hands while laying on the ground...lol. 

Seahawks shouldnt have even been on the goal line to make it that close. Wilson really had luck on his side in that game...until the end. Luck runs out. But I can see why he was so confident till that point. Everything worked that really shouldnt have. Wilson threw the pick. Not Carrol.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 02, 2015 - 08:44 AM.

• Mr Terrific likes this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#144 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,758 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:58 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#145 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,184 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:58 AM

^^^ I agree wilson threw the pass but he should of never been put in that situation. I blame wilson more for not saying hey pete what are you stupid lets run this in. A pass play there makes no sense regardless of how you cut it. It falls on the HC to put his players in the position to win, and he didn't do that with the last play. 

Also there really couldn't of been much blame on Bellicheck if the Hawks did score for the simple fact the NE offense did not show much all game that they could move the ball in a hurry. Especially considering when you have coverage as good as theirs and you know brady couldnt pass those little 3 yard dumps since they would have to get to around the 35 to have a good FG shot. On top of this calling a timeout there allows for SEA to dig into their play book to get a better play, and quite honestly if they did call a timeout I think Caroll would of realized how damn stupid of a play call he was gonna make. Not to mention if you dont call a time out there it gives you another one if they did get the ball back. Bill knew his offense would have to do short dump plays or bubble screens to move the ball a long distance in a short time and knew he would need those timeouts for later. Bellicheck is the smartest coach in the NFL don't think for a second him not calling a time out was a mistake it was a cold calculated move just as everything else in his scheme. Carrol got outcoached but SEA out played NE. 

I like how you talk about Wilsons Hail Mary throws as luck when quite honesty his long ball looked better than Brady's all game. Again the pats offense only moved the ball consistently when targeting Simon. Then they were stagnate as hell in the 2nd half until Avril had to leave the game. The lost falls on the HC for the simple fact a HC has two jobs. Makes his players play hard (Which SEA did) and put his team into position to win with his scheme and play calling which Carrol did the opposite on that last play. It was a bone headed play and Wlson quite honestly should of just threw the ball out of bounds. Then again maybe his eyes got to big and he thought if I throw this TD here I am smitten for the MVP. 

Your right Wilson made a mistake as well but the argument here is he should of never been in that position to make that mistake. You don't come out in a shotgun formation when your a half of yard for the super bowl chip and have a guy name Lynch in the backfield. Slice it how you want but it falls on Carrol to make sure Wilson doesn't even get the chance to throw that pick. 

Also your pass interference for offense is null and void for the simple fact Gronk does that every play down the field basically. WR is allowed to do that unless it is egregious to the point arms are fully extended and severely impacted the CB position. Don't matter what the letter of the law is on pass interference they call it like that and to be honest it really sucks when a DB can't play the ball the same as a wr, but we live in a world where the league wants offense not defense. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 02, 2015 - 09:06 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#146 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:36 AM

Having two interception is not really toring any D up. Did you even watch the game?

INTs but also 4 TDs and 74% completion. I don't remember seeing Seattle def get abused like that. Seattle's defense looked lost the better part of the game
  • Busty Bluth, RobBlake and Lakerace24 like this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#147 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,401 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Having two interception is not really toring any D up. Did you even watch the game?

INTs but also 4 TDs and 74% completion. I don't remember seeing Seattle def get abused like that. Seattle's defense looked lost the better part of the game

Woop there is!๐Ÿ‘

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#148 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,758 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted February 02, 2015 - 12:50 PM

butler-did-it_thumbnail_200_200.jpg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#149 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2015 - 01:21 PM

Maybe carroll didn't want lynch to score so that they can use that against him in contract negotiations

#150 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I canโ€™t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 02, 2015 - 01:24 PM

Seattle OC blaming the receiver. SMH

gifninja-1.gif

#151 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 02, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Not only that, but this is the same defense that has beaten down Brees, Rodgers, Peyton.. basically every single elite QB this game has the past two-three years. I can' only blame Tom for the first INT since it was a rushed throw and was a bad call. The other one was a hell of a play by the linebacker that many his size can't make.  Brady's come back drive in the fourth was just heroic in all forms.

ap1.png

#152 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 02:58 PM

god i hate the hags

ap1.png

#153 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2015 - 03:49 PM

Just don't make the winning TD more complicated than it has to be. You have three chances to punch it in from the one yard line, with arguably the best back in the league. Don't put the ball in the air. Even if it hit ANY Seahawk WR in the chest, 100% accurate throw...that doesn't mean they catch it, and that doesn't mean it hits the ground immediately after.

Ultimately, the risk of a turnover is far higher throwing a slant in traffic, at the goal line...and the likelihood of scoring on a running play, from the one, is far greater when you have #24.

If Marshawn Lynch can't get you one yard in three plays, to win the championship, then you have no excuse.
  • Majesty likes this

#154 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,184 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2015 - 05:18 PM

4 td, 3 of them to Simons guy. 74% percentage with an average pass per attempt what 5 yards? 

Don't get me wrong Brady did a great job against SEA but it was more of a bubble screen game rather than a dominate passing performance. Numbers don't really tell the tale of the tape. Playing NE the Hawks knew what they would do an they decided to let everything 5 yards and under go uncontested. Watching the game no player tried to jump those short routes because it would put them out of position in the case if there was someone behind their zone, which makes sense because when you run those underneath routes it is to clear the zone for a longer pass. Brady did a great job at taking what the defense gave him, but lets be honest here those are throws SEA wanted him to make. They have Lane in and Avril it is a much different game and Brady's number would of been worst imo. I wonder how many completions and yards they had against Simon. Again this is a smart move of NE to abuse him, but really goes to show the huge benefit they got from lane's injury. 

Not only that, but this is the same defense that has beaten down Brees, Rodgers, Peyton.. basically every single elite QB this game has the past two-three years. I can' only blame Tom for the first INT since it was a rushed throw and was a bad call. The other one was a hell of a play by the linebacker that many his size can't make.  Brady's come back drive in the fourth was just heroic in all forms.

They were also fully healthy against those guys, (Injuries in the NFC game against rodgers but they were in the game) big difference. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 02, 2015 - 05:23 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#155 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,818 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 02, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Philly, u an eagles fan?

2div

#156 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Just don't make the winning TD more complicated than it has to be. You have three chances to punch it in from the one yard line, with arguably the best back in the league. Don't put the ball in the air. Even if it hit ANY Seahawk WR in the chest, 100% accurate throw...that doesn't mean they catch it, and that doesn't mean it hits the ground immediately after.

Ultimately, the risk of a turnover is far higher throwing a slant in traffic, at the goal line...and the likelihood of scoring on a running play, from the one, is far greater when you have #24.

If Marshawn Lynch can't get you one yard in three plays, to win the championship, then you have no excuse.

Not really 3 chances with 20 seconds and 1 timeout

#157 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 08:17 PM

4 td, 3 of them to Simons guy. 74% percentage with an average pass per attempt what 5 yards? 

Don't get me wrong Brady did a great job against SEA but it was more of a bubble screen game rather than a dominate passing performance. Numbers don't really tell the tale of the tape. Playing NE the Hawks knew what they would do an they decided to let everything 5 yards and under go uncontested. Watching the game no player tried to jump those short routes because it would put them out of position in the case if there was someone behind their zone, which makes sense because when you run those underneath routes it is to clear the zone for a longer pass. Brady did a great job at taking what the defense gave him, but lets be honest here those are throws SEA wanted him to make. They have Lane in and Avril it is a much different game and Brady's number would of been worst imo. I wonder how many completions and yards they had against Simon. Again this is a smart move of NE to abuse him, but really goes to show the huge benefit they got from lane's injury. 

They were also fully healthy against those guys, (Injuries in the NFC game against rodgers but they were in the game) big difference. 

Brady is one of the best of reading the defense preplay. If he says that they are watching the big plays then, screens, slants, short post, and counter runs are going to work. The reason NE didn't have huge 30 yard plays is because SEA waa watching the deep throws. Brady picked them apart. He knew what the defense was doing and basically did whatbhe wanted with them.

#158 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,610 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 02, 2015 - 09:59 PM

Seahawks in Superbowl 48:  Greatest Defense Ever

Seahawks in Superbowl 49: Dumbest Play Ever

#159 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:38 PM

fully healthy? they play football. everyone was hurt at that point

ap1.png

#160 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts

Posted February 02, 2015 - 11:39 PM

and also, the game plan was to pass short and make the SEA Dbs run all day and break tackles.. football strategy 101

ap1.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users