Photo

Wings...Oubre, Winslow, Johnson, Mario, etc.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:11 AM

Who leads the pack so far among the wings?

Winslow and Johnson looks relatively safe as top 10 picks, Mario Hezonja is a bit of a mystery with much more upside. Kevon Looney have been more than solid - although he's probably more of PF.

IMO Kelly Oubre is the guy. Going into the season Oubre was projected to be a top 5 but a slow start caused him to drop all the way down to the late first round. Now he's climbing the ranks again and have looked solid on both ends of the floor and before the season is over, he very well could be the first wing taken in this year's draft.

Am i missing someone?

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,298 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 16, 2015 - 02:56 AM

Oubre offensively, Johnson defensively, Winslow a pseudo hybrid everyman. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 2,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 16, 2015 - 03:22 AM

Mario is a pure SG, he is not a wing. And he is crazy athletic, sharp-shooter who can D up. He is a bit of a head-case, not much, but a bit. He will go top 10 for sure.

Impossible is nothing.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 03:49 AM

Most great NBA players have a bit of a crazy-streak, so that's not a problem, imo.

Athleticism, shooting, defense and a crazy-competitive nature is exactly what you'd want from a guy like this.

I do think he can play the SF, though. He has good size and is really athletic - he just needs to put on some muscle.

#5 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 16, 2015 - 07:15 AM

I pick Oubre.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 16, 2015 - 04:05 PM

Oubre is good. Bill Self just needs to let him loose.

Sad thing is, he didn't play 20+ minutes until the 10th game of the year, and this has always been my biggest (maybe my only consistent) gripe about Self.
  • Majesty likes this

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,488 posts

Posted January 16, 2015 - 11:14 PM

I think Oubre (and maybe Mario Hezonja) are the only wings with superstar potential. Stanley Johnson and Justice Winslow may be all-stars, but i have a hard time seing how either have a higher ceiling than Igoudala or Artest. 

Mario is too much of an enigma, though. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a bust, nor would i be surprised if he ended up being the best of the bunch. 

Oubre is good in all the areas that translate to the next level - rebounding, steal-rate, shooting, efficiency, athleticism, lenght, wingspan etc. 

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,298 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 16, 2015 - 11:19 PM

Artest is not a bad ceiling for someone as he is a game changer that can be used to shut down 'superstars'.  If Johnson's job was to stop people like Oubre and he was very good at it then that is an X factor of his ceiling. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users