Photo

Tarik Black

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#61 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2014 - 02:41 PM

In college he looked taller, but they all do in college so oh well

It's his 8'11 standing reach, strength and athleticism that allows him to compete and pull down rebounds at center.   His wingspan is also 7'2.

All and all he's about the same height, weight and build and hustle of a prototypical Ben Wallace 'type'.   So defensively it shouldn't be an issue if he works at it. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#62 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 29, 2014 - 02:45 PM

Tarik's First Interview As A Laker

http://www.nba.com/l...3476719/?cid=TW

• Majesty likes this

#63 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 02:49 PM

One of the best things about getting him is we get him for a 2nd year. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#64 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:21 PM

btw...in a season of tough moves and tough decisions lakers have been forced to make, this is one of those im sure Mitch didnt like doing.

And making that call to X must've been awful.

Not sure how thats done, if Mitch contacts him or does it thru his agent..

But its one of those small non game scenarios that really interest me from a business/longtime fan perspective.

The machinery behind the machine as it were

same here bro. I like to know the daily work mitch and Jim go through. Reminds of moneyball with brad Pitt.
  • Majesty likes this

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:26 PM

same here bro. I like to know the daily work mitch and Jim go through. Reminds of moneyball with brad Pitt.

If people did then all the posters that love to talk about the Front Office sitting on their hands and doing nothing would be quieted. 

#66 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:33 PM

If people did then all the posters that love to talk about the Front Office sitting on their hands and doing nothing would be quieted. 

I don't think any one here has suggested that Mitch is sitting on his hands.  I know lots of folks that work really hard at their jobs, and  Mitch probably does too.  Working hard and getting results should not be confused.  What you achieved (or are credited for achieving) yesterday doesn't count for much today either.

• martin90 likes this

Debbie Downer

#67 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,255 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:34 PM

I like Tarik's potential. Trade Lin and whatever else for otto porter jr

And then in January try to find a young player out there who can be had for Jordan hill or Ed Davis.

Wonder if Michael Kidd gilchrist can be had for Jordan hill.

Ya, I'm literally looking at every avenue to get some young cheap assets in here

Tarik black is a hell of a start
Posted Image

#68 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 29, 2014 - 03:34 PM

I dont think any one is going to confuse Billy Bean for Mitch Kupchak in terms of analytic abilities.

Debbie Downer

#69 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted December 29, 2014 - 04:40 PM

I dont think any one is going to confuse Billy Bean for Mitch Kupchak in terms of analytic abilities.

Right because Mitch has won and the other really hasn't come close.

Edited by erfolk, December 29, 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#70 Wilfred

Wilfred

All-Star

• 6,946 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2014 - 05:05 PM

When do we see the footage in Lakers channel showing Mitch taking this guy to the trophy room and letting him fondle the trophy.

That clip with D12 is still the most disgusting - given D12's decision to leave after a year.

#71 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 08:40 PM

Byron and Black meet

B6DMWb4CMAAyeq4.jpg

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
Tarik Black sounds like Byron Scott: "Defense wins championships."

Byron on if Black's arrival may mean some bigs may lose minutes and why he likes it that way.

Byron Scott: "I don’t like our bigs to be comfortable, thinking that they’re going to play just because they’re here."

Sacre..this is to you.

Byron Scott on Tarik Black: "I want him to put pressure on these guys, understand that minutes aren’t guaranteed.” youtu.be/aaAsSp93tag

Getting To Know The Newest Laker, One-On-One w/ @TarikBlack25: youtu.be/1yigPKaPwck

#72 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 29, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Blacksanity is coming

#73 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Tarifik
  • MysticBlu~, flota and BasketballIQ like this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,255 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 09:51 PM

These angles are killing blacks height
Posted Image

#75 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,540 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2014 - 10:07 PM

Tarik Black is an awesome addition. Youth, size, athleticism and rebounding locked in on a 3yr - min. deal. No risk at all. 

• L4K likes this

#76 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 10:30 PM

Getting To Know The Newest Laker, One-On-One w/ @TarikBlack25: http://youtu.be/1yigPKaPwck 

height looks fine next to Serena :D

Really like his personality and demeanor.   And he freaking looks gigantic in terms of size and strength.  Another man child.  

Byron Scott on Tarik Black: "I want him to put pressure on these guys, understand that minutes aren’t guaranteed.” http://youtu.be/aaAsSp93tag 

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#77 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Just so you can see some college stuff so you can see why that wingspan and 8'11 standing reach allows him to contend despite his height 

Same size as Ben Wallace.   If he EVER even got close to being that kind of player defensively I would be extremely happy with it but its way too early.  

If he remains healthy he should take Sacre's minutes in no time. 

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2014 - 10:42 PM.

• L4K likes this

#78 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,540 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2014 - 11:43 PM

We need to get more guys like this - young assets on cheap-ass deals. Ed Davis opting out or signing for 8M with us this summer does nothing for us going forward. Instead move him to a contender in need of a front court defender - like the Cavs or Mavs - for similar assets. 

#79 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted December 29, 2014 - 11:53 PM

Signing Ed Davis for 5-7 million this off-season I'd be all for honestly if he continues to play the way he has. 

Particularly if the Lakers are planning on using Hill as a trade chip to get a first round pick, which it appears they are about to wind up doing eventually.

Having Ed Davis and Julius Randle next year and Black coming off the bench ain't a bad thing moving forward on your base of some young talent to build with or put somewhere to go with it.  Ed Davis would be solid defensively at the 5 for center for us if we decided to use him and if we wind up trading Hill this season that's what Davis will become.  

And I'd much rather keep him. 

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#80 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2014 - 12:02 AM

Tarik Black is an awesome addition. Youth, size, athleticism and rebounding locked in on a 3yr - min. deal. No risk at all. 

My thoughts exactly. Can't complain with this addition, gave nothing up as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users