#281 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white๐Ÿž& an ๐ŸŠ

• 8,741 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted December 24, 2014 - 08:38 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#282 forevermagic

forevermagic

Rookie

• 182 posts
  • Name:Ricardo
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 24, 2014 - 09:52 AM

They are statistically better with him off the floor on both ends the entire season which is 1/3rd over. So there is also that. Not that they are good without him, he is just terribly inefficient on offense and a big time liability on defense.

Its not necessarily that. You can tell they were enjoying the game and playing team ball together. When kobe is on the floor they clinch their butt cheeks and defer to him. We may not be better without kobe but you can sure tell the guys feel more comfortable at home playing together when he isnt on the floor.

This^. The team chemistry was a lot better. It was easy to see guys enjoying themselves. Lin was making plays, driving to the basket, even laughing. The ball movement wasn't really good but much better because the attack wasn't focused on one guy. The defense was a lot better. The thruth is this team will end up sucking no matter what, but last night some things became clear, and you can tell how a lot of fans in here are actually upset about that. They just can't handle the truth. I wish things were different, but you have to accept the truth when it's right there in front of your eyes.

#283 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted December 24, 2014 - 10:25 AM

This^. The team chemistry was a lot better. It was easy to see guys enjoying themselves. Lin was making plays, driving to the basket, even laughing. The ball movement wasn't really good but much better because the attack wasn't focused on one guy. The defense was a lot better. The thruth is this team will end up sucking no matter what, but last night some things became clear, and you can tell how a lot of fans in here are actually upset about that. They just can't handle the truth. I wish things were different, but you have to accept the truth when it's right there in front of your eyes.

I am not disagreeing with you at all but it is just one game. 

Debbie Downer

#284 forevermagic

forevermagic

Rookie

• 182 posts
  • Name:Ricardo
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 24, 2014 - 11:36 AM

I am not disagreeing with you at all but it is just one game. 

I know, that's why I said this team will suck no matter what. Last night's game was kind of a miracle, RP made 3 threes in a row!!! Even Sacre had a decent game. That won't happend again, with or without Kobe, not against a team like the Warriors. Now, when the gameplan is not focused solely on number 24, this team plays an entirely different basketball, and chemistry is a lot better. The ridiculous effectiveness, that was a huge plus (and the miracle).

#285 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 24, 2014 - 12:35 PM

I know, that's why I said this team will suck no matter what. Last night's game was kind of a miracle, RP made 3 threes in a row!!! Even Sacre had a decent game. That won't happend again, with or without Kobe, not against a team like the Warriors. Now, when the gameplan is not focused solely on number 24, this team plays an entirely different basketball, and chemistry is a lot better. The ridiculous effectiveness, that was a huge plus (and the miracle).

Sad thing is the consistency fell apart late for the same reasons. 

The Warriors started putting pressure on, and suddenly the ball movement stopped and it came down to isolation basketball with Nick Young playing the part of Kobe Bryant.  Entered the 4th 4-6 ended it 5-13.     

That was the entirety of that 16-0 run by the Warriors.  Till Lin made the 3.  

That's the constant problem when the system starts breaking down it goes to iso ball.  

That's a team mentality thing over a "Kobe" thing. 

So we need to do what we did vs the Spurs for 3 quarters and against the Warriors for 3 quarters and a half.   And not the breakdowns. 

Edited by Majesty, December 24, 2014 - 12:47 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users