Photo

Bloodborne (Or Demon Souls / Dark Souls)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 28, 2015 - 06:46 PM

Picked it up a few hours ago, and pretty happy with it so far. Took me three tries to get to the cleric beast, had him to about 15% health and then he killed me  :eh:

However, that is part of the bloodborne experience, right? lol

Actually beat the werewolf at the start bare handed, so felt like a badass killing it aha

Guess I am gonna grind a little bit to get my souls up to improve my guy. Going with a quality type build so went with military veteran to start and also took the pimp cane as my weapon. It doesn't do the most damage, but it is fast and the whip gives great crowd control when fighting a few enemies. Need to get a few levels then I should be ready to take down the beast. Also heard there is a way to get a free weapon early on in the sewers, gonna look into when I get a chance. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 28, 2015 - 06:46 PM.

• epicwolf and JGuez like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 01, 2015 - 07:45 AM

No one else pick up this game yet?

I am having a blast playing it. Beat the second boss the other day and have only played a little bit after that. It is a hella fun game, and it is very accessible for new comers to the series. I think the fighting here is easier to pick up than the souls game. 

#23 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 06:17 AM

The stake driver is amazing.

And to be fair, Bloodborne isn't really the type of game people are gonna wanna pick up asap lol. Give it some time lol

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, April 02, 2015 - 06:20 AM.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#24 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 10:13 AM

^^^ True. You seem to be a little bit further than me into the game. I just beat the third boss. Surprisingly so far I have felt like the bosses are easier than the mobs you have to fight. I have only died to one boss and that was the cleric beast. Idk maybe I am just getting lucky but the bosses aren't that much of a challenge so far since it is one on one combat, which is relatively easy once you understand the game mechanics. 

I picked up the rifle spear and don't really like its R1 attacks, so just sticking with my saw spear. 

What build did you go for disaster? My quality build is going well so far, but from what I have read ludwigs holy blade is the best weapon in the game, kinda sucks that there seems to be such a big consensus on this. It is a skill and arcane weapon, sadly my arcane is at a lowly 7 right now, so not so sure I will be using it unless I wanna grind to bring that up. 

#25 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 11:14 AM

They're pretty easy, not gonna lie lol

You can buy the swords or kill the first hunter you meet and get them that way

I started out with the axe with my build, "waste of skin." Lmao I bought the threaded cane & stake driver both awesome but need more patience to use. I'm at level 39 but my arcane is pretty low as well. I barely use my quick items other than the antidote or numbing mist lol

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, April 02, 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 03, 2015 - 01:26 PM

I picked up ludwigs holy blade, and I can't lie it is pretty bad ass lol

I feel like Cloud walking around with that awesome great sword. I was worried since it is a weapon that has arcane scaling since I do not plan on investing into that at all, but I learned that arcane is not needed to get the most out of the weapon. It scales great with STR and SKL and arcane only matters if you put a gem stone in it to make it do magical damage, so strength and skill only matter which is great since I have a quality build with both stats well invested into.

#27 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 04, 2015 - 07:56 PM

Games pretty addicting. Beat the first two bosses, in Old Yarnham right now.

#28 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 05, 2015 - 09:03 AM

^^ Welcome to the club! ahah

I just beat vicar amelia the other day. Was kinda underwhelmed by the fight after hearing it was suppose to be one of the harder bosses.

Still running with the saw spear and ludwigs blade, while the greatsword is cool with its damage out put it isn't ideal in all situations. Stuck between using both in my arsenal because I really don't want to have to grind for blood stone shards to upgrade both as I move along. Got em both at +4 right now but only enough to upgrade one of them the two, leaning towards the spear for its versatility.

Does anyone here know how big of an impact the scaling makes in this game for weapons? Like Ludwigs blade gets up to B for both strength and skill while the spear only gets up to C, will the impact to the overall damage output be that much different between the two in terms of scaling?

One thing I hate about this game is that to find out most of these things you have to experiment and mess around with to figure them out, and I really don't have the time to make a few different characters or play new game++++ to learn the ins and outs of everything.

Edit: Found this online for anyone with the same question I had above.

http://www.reddit.co...ling_explained/

Still conjecture on some part, but useful info as well.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 05, 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#29 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted April 11, 2015 - 11:59 PM

There's special locations designed for PvP play going further into the game. There's a bell maiden that automatically spawns and tries to bring in invaders, and I am getting my ass whooped lol. 

Probably gonna need to play offline just to get through there lol.

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 03:58 PM

^^^ Haven't gotten that far yet, sounds interesting.

Just beat the shadows of Yarnham, was a fun boss fight due to it being a 3v1 so I liked that new aspect of it. Still wasn't very hard, but from what I gathered from playing the hard part of this game is figuring out what to do or how to beat an enemy and once you do it the games becomes relatively easy. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 13, 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#31 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:04 PM

You're almost there lol

And you have to be patient fighting bosses in the game. Knowing when they use their strongest attacks so you can hit when they try to gather themselves.

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 07:35 AM

Still waiting for that boss that is just hard as hell to beat and gives me problems. I know it sounds weird to say but I really do enjoy that feeling of triumph in video games when your faced with something that keeps beating your ass. 

Just beat Rom and thought it was another easy boss fight. My one friend told me the next guy is one of the hardest so I am looking forward to whenever I make my way to fight em, hopefully it wont be another let down.

It seems odd to complain that the game isn't that challenging, but that is one of the main reasons I got this game. Never owned any of the soul games, but I consider my self an innate gamer and wanted to try the game that was suppose to be so hard. The game mechanic is  no more than simple timing, not sure why so many find it hard. 

Already thinking of making a new character focusing on str and arcane, and choosing that starting class that sucks so I can mold it to fit my play style more. From who I have talked to I have heard this game has very high replay value, I am thinking they are referring to PVP and not the campaign. I say this because after running through this game once I feel like I could do it at roughly half the time the second time around since I know what to expect and where the enemies are. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 15, 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#33 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 12:11 PM

Still waiting for that boss that is just hard as hell to beat and gives me problems. I know it sounds weird to say but I really do enjoy that feeling of triumph in video games when your faced with something that keeps beating your ass. 

Just beat Rom and thought it was another easy boss fight. My one friend told me the next guy is one of the hardest so I am looking forward to whenever I make my way to fight em, hopefully it wont be another let down.

It seems odd to complain that the game isn't that challenging, but that is one of the main reasons I got this game. Never owned any of the soul games, but I consider my self an innate gamer and wanted to try the game that was suppose to be so hard. The game mechanic is  no more than simple timing, not sure why so many find it hard. 

Already thinking of making a new character focusing on str and arcane, and choosing that starting class that sucks so I can mold it to fit my play style more. From who I have talked to I have heard this game has very high replay value, I am thinking they are referring to PVP and not the campaign. I say this because after running through this game once I feel like I could do it at roughly half the time the second time around since I know what to expect and where the enemies are. 

Dark Souls 2 is much harder than Bloodborne IMO.

#34 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 05:48 PM

It is. DS2 was just incredibly hard. I'm almost done with Bloodborne, and I couldn't finish Dark Souls 2.

#35 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 15, 2015 - 06:32 PM

Dark Souls 2 is much harder than Bloodborne IMO.

Ahhh so bloodborne is a fraud then lol 

Looks like I am going to have to try out DS2: Scholar of the First Sin on ps4.

Also back to bloodborne, I just got to Cainhurst Castle and ran into the hardest enemy's in the game. Those blue motha[expletive]as in the courtyard dont play ahaha

#36 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 09:50 AM

You're almost there lol

And you have to be patient fighting bosses in the game. Knowing when they use their strongest attacks so you can hit when they try to gather themselves.

Just past the part with the sinster bell, and man I was trying to rush through the whole area to find the lady before anyone invaded. Sadly, someone did invade me lukcily I was able to hold my ground and win, which was cool since it was my first pvp instance. It made me actually play around with some of the online features after. I went into some dudes game to help him with an area (Cainhurst) and I guess he couldn't beat Marty Longarious since thats where we went as soon as he summoned me.

It was hilarious I was all thinking Im gonna help this guy progress and beat the boss, but he legit dies in the first 15 seconds of the fight. I was just laughing my ass off at this, like if you died within 15 seconds with backup I dont even wanna know how bad you do by yourself ahah. 

Did it one more time for fun and the guy I got matched up was a little better. Helped him beat the boss it was pretty cool you can earn blood echos that way too. I find the online part of it cool and the co-op is a nice touch, but that is something I would only use with a friend. I mean to call a random person to you game to help with a boss is the ultimately way of saying I just can't beat this dude alone. I can't see myself doing it because if the game is made where it is possible to solo any boss and I just wouldn't feel cool about beating it with the help of a random stranger. Different if you suck and a buddy of yours lends some help to you, but I am not even sure if there is a way to choose whose game you get summoned to.

I just beat the daughter of the cosomos, and god damn she is ugly as hell lol. She had a ton of health too, but I found that bolt paper really helped even though I have no points in my arcane.

Really can't wait for my 2nd character so I can make an arcane build and mess around with all the different magic stuff. I should really put diablo 3 on hold so I can beat this faster, but I enjoy both games so I've been bouncing back and fourth between the two. 

#37 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,111 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 01:17 PM

So damn close to getting the platinum for this game. Just beat the defiled chalice and that was by far the hardest part of the game. Half health for the whole damn dungeon is insane. Just have to finish the last dungeon then complete the three endings and I'll be ready for the Witcher.

Edit: Just beat it and got the platinum, the chalices were by far so much harder than the ending of the game. Gehrman and the moon presence were light work at the end. Finished at lv 108 so maybe been a little over leveled but that is from doing the chalice dungeons first. 

Suppose this thread can finally die now since I won't be posting in it any more :laughing:

Gonna see if my buddy wants to borrow the game if not prob just gonna trade it in to make the witcher cheaper. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 16, 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#38 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 02:59 PM

Platinum trophy just yesterday, lol 

Shuhei Yoshida

So I have been asked by many people if we are making DLC for Bloodborne. I can say... An expansion is coming. More info later this year. :D

-------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna lump all the other Souls games here since I know creating another thread for it won't be as active lol. 

Just bought DS2: Scholar of the First Sin, gonna try to beat it now since I couldn't on the PS3 lol

#39 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Dark Souls 2 is so godamn hard man

#40 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,323 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 07:42 PM

[expletive] it lmao

5371127+_4b760e0502231c5266e8180e330ffad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users