Photo

Bloodborne (Or Demon Souls / Dark Souls)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,258 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 03:31 PM

I'm excited for it; fan of the Souls games. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, May 21, 2015 - 03:00 PM.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 12, 2014 - 04:03 PM

^^^ Same. I am hype that this is coming out and than dark souls 2 is coming out on ps4 like a month later. Both will be must plays for me.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 12, 2014 - 04:03 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 04:17 PM

It looks really cool, I'm jut not sure if it's something I'll want to buy or not.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 06:00 PM

^^^Ever try souls? Its much different than any sword game you probably have played. Bloodbourne is of the same style but probably a half a step quick, which isn't a bad improvement. I thought dark souls was great it felt much crisper playing a sword game that the dude actually died after I hit him three times, unless you're fighting a boss then that's a little different aha 

If you liked that this is a go I would have to say, but if you never tried souls you should probably try a demo first because it might not be your style. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just glad there are some good games coming out on ps4 its getting to the point where I can't keep up with playing them all lol

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 12, 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#5 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 09:17 AM

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 12:47 PM

^^^ The more I see of this game the more I can't wait to play it. This year is looking promising for games which is a good sign. 

You figure out if your gonna give this game a try yet? 

#7 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 01:15 PM

^I'm definitely way more interested now after that video. I have The Order this month and I still have GTA 5 so I'm not quite sure if I'll get this or not.

You're for sure getting it?

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 01:36 PM

^I'm definitely way more interested now after that video. I have The Order this month and I still have GTA 5 so I'm not quite sure if I'll get this or not.

You're for sure getting it?

I am def gonna get it, but probably wont be a day one buy for me. Now this isn't because I don't like it enough to do that but rather because I am wrapping up Shadow of Mordor and want to do another play through of dragon age first. Plus I am not gonna lie I am one of those min/maxer guys when it comes to these sort of games. So picking it up a month or so late allows for me to maximize my characters build. 

I want to get the order as well, but are holding back until I read a bunch of different reviews to see how the final product turns out.

#9 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,258 posts

Posted February 03, 2015 - 11:45 PM

Time to brush up on some Souls and

Spoiler

#10 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 12:31 PM

Anyone getting this? I might buy it next week.

Getting good reviews. Hear it's difficult though.

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted March 25, 2015 - 04:37 PM

^^^ Still plan on getting it here, but probably not for a few weeks. 

Everything I am hearing is pretty positive about the game, look forward to sinking some hours into it when I get it. However, there are still so many games I want to get and play. Over the next three months there is this, dark souls 2 Scholar of the first sin, and of course The Witcher 3. 

• JGuez likes this

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,754 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 25, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I am thinking of getting this game but I heard it is very hard. I'm a pretty good gamer but if the game is way too hard I will get fustrated and not want to finish it at all.

#13 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,258 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 03:00 AM

I am thinking of getting this game but I heard it is very hard. I'm a pretty good gamer but if the game is way too hard I will get fustrated and not want to finish it at all.

You're gonna die a lot, there's no question about it. 

On another note, so glad the PS4 actually has a great exclusive on their hands. Worth buying a PS4 for this (even with the rumor of Bloodborne coming to PC).

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, March 26, 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#14 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 05:59 AM

I know what you mean. I just want to have fun when I play.

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 06:50 AM

I know what you mean. I just want to have fun when I play.

I have never owned a souls game, but have played it a few times over my friends. Don't get tepid about the game because of the hype of how hard it is. The truth is it is a challenging game, but that is in comparison to other games out there. Don't get me wrong you will die and it isn't a walk in the park, but it isn't some hard ass game that only a few can play.

I am a pretty good gamer and my learning curves are usually steep when I play a new game, that was the same thing here. (Well for dark souls, which game play is very similar to this game) Takes a little bit getting used to the timing and what not, but it isn't that hard. The reason this game is considered hard is because of the way you have to play it. Rather than just charging at your enemies and mashing that attack button you have to play smarter, watch their movements and timing and then strike when you have the chance to. It is refreshing playing a game where you don't have to mash buttons to kill them, no more than three hits to kill the smaller goon enemies, which felt good.

It is the boss battles that can really be hard in this game because of their stopping power. You could be dominating them the whole fight and have them down to a tenth of their health bar, but if they land two hits on you they will basically finish you very fast. It is a challenge but it is a fun game, especially considering the gratification you can get from whooping a boss ass for the first time aha

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 26, 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#16 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted March 26, 2015 - 09:37 AM

^Gotcha. Yeah there's a solid chance I get it especially since I passed on The Order. I'm out of town this weekend otherwise I'd probably have downloaded it already.

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 07:22 AM

I have just been watching some videos on the game, and really had to stop myself from buying the game yesterday ahah. 

I planned on waiting a few weeks before getting it, but probably will pick it up in the next week or so.

#18 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,580 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 27, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Gonna pick it up soon.

I LOVE the challenge these games provide, because it isn't artificial difficulty like so many games use. So many games are unfair and rigged from the start, whereas in the Souls games if I die I made a mistake, the game didn't cheat me. Make no mistake, every time you mess up the game will punish you immensely, but I find that refreshing when so many games are so easy now.

#19 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,258 posts

Posted March 27, 2015 - 09:30 PM

The load times are pretty bad lol.

40 sec max loading screens, and you're dying plenty lol, that's a lot of loading screen time.

I heard there's a patch to fix it soon.

#20 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,090 posts

Posted March 28, 2015 - 09:41 AM

^^^ That is good to hear. I was hearing of the long load times, and quite honestly I thought it was just another way of the game punishing you for your death lol.

It is a pretty good motivator to not die when your gonna have to stare at an all black screen for about a minute. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users