• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,738 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm surprised there isn't a Zelda thread already.

• Majesty likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#2 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 02:44 AM

Looks very cool! I officially own all 3 current consoles and I'm enjoying all of them. Especially the Wii U lately.

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,134 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 07, 2014 - 10:50 AM

Don't have a wii u but an open world Zelda sounds badd ass. Looking at these short snippets of gameplay it looks like a good game too. Probably is Won't ever play it simply because the Wii U doesn't really fit my taste as a gamer except for a  few specific titles.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,692 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2014 - 01:17 PM

Always thought Zelda sucks

• vong likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted December 08, 2014 - 02:38 PM

I might get the wii u just for this game.  THe Wii U game pad is just annoying to me. I don't think I can get used to the game pad.

#6 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Posted December 08, 2014 - 03:37 PM

I might get the wii u just for this game.  THe Wii U game pad is just annoying to me. I don't think I can get used to the game pad.

What about it did you not like? I actually think it's one of the coolest video game controllers ever made.

You don't have to use it either way though. They make like 3 different controllers that all work well for their games.

#7 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 08, 2014 - 08:12 PM

The gamepad is awesome, very easy to get used to.

My lady had a Wii-U before we split, thought it was a very cool console. Doesn't have the variety of PS4 or Xbox-One, but I've been playing Nintendo games since I was like 4 and games like Zelda, Mario, and Metroid are always good bets to be worth the buy. I'm going to pick up a Wii-U for myself sometime after the holidays probably.

#8 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2014 - 12:04 PM

If Nintendo keeps hurting financially or just unable to keep up with Microsoft and Sony I wonder if they'd ever licence their AAA games for other non-Nintendo platforms.

I know there's been a rumor for some time now of them bringing their games to mobile, but to let Sony or Microsoft sell Mario or Zelda games through their store, it could be a real money maker.

I'd DEFINITELY buy a classic mario collection on my PS4. Maybe they could re-do it in HD and improve the audio. That'd be awesome.

Btw, i don't even mean for them to release brand new games either to PS4 or Xbox, like Mario Kart 8 or whatever, but classic NES or SNES games, that alone would sell well imo.

Edited by ace™, December 10, 2014 - 12:05 PM.

• pkflyers likes this

#9 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted December 10, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Nothing beats Ocarina of Time

• -Wade- likes this

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,134 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:21 PM

If Nintendo keeps hurting financially or just unable to keep up with Microsoft and Sony I wonder if they'd ever licence their AAA games for other non-Nintendo platforms.

I know there's been a rumor for some time now of them bringing their games to mobile, but to let Sony or Microsoft sell Mario or Zelda games through their store, it could be a real money maker.

I'd DEFINITELY buy a classic mario collection on my PS4. Maybe they could re-do it in HD and improve the audio. That'd be awesome.

Btw, i don't even mean for them to release brand new games either to PS4 or Xbox, like Mario Kart 8 or whatever, but classic NES or SNES games, that alone would sell well imo.

I would be very surprised to do that. Even with re-releasing older stuff on other consoles you open a can of worms. Nintendo problem is selling consoles and once they license out games even old ones you have the people that own ps4 and xbones thinking whats the point of getting a wii u whenever they make a great game it will sooner or later come to us. It basically creates a cycle of where they just need to keep pushing games over and I am sure nintendo wants that to be the last thing. However, they should consider it since the wii u prospects look very weak in the console war and need nothing short of a miracle to change that. They will keep losing money for a long time until they switch it up, but I dont think that will be any time soon.

On a side note I would love if they released some of their old classics on ps4, but thats noting more than a pipe dream. Nintendo has passed up millions probably billions over the last few years grasping onto their titles and not wanting to give them out. The truth is there are plenty of people out there that will buy your games nintendo, but they need to be on a different console. It is not practical finically wise for people to buy a system that only has a handful of games for them and that is what is happening when they keep putting out kiddie things. Not to mention kids are gravitating more and more to either ps4 or xbone so their niche market is getting smaller and smaller. They will learn sooner or later but I am betting it is later.

• pkflyers likes this

#11 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 10:15 PM

Great points man.

I think IF they do make a move, it'll be making their games playable for Android and iOS. They just filed some patent paperwork for an emulator that works on mobile. Emulators for Android have been out for years, i used to play Donkey Kong Country on my Droid 2 like in 2010 lol. But this one would be official. With an official store and better performance. No doubt.

I'd pay for some Donkey Kong Country 1&2, Mario games, Zelda, among others.

Only a matter of time before they're hurting too much financially and start making moves.
  • pkflyers and PhillyLaker24 like this

#12 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Posted December 10, 2014 - 10:30 PM

Eh. Nintendo isn't going to ever do that most likely. That's plan Z if they lost all their money but realistically Nintendo can continue to lose money for a long....LONG time.

Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank – enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there’s almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out – we’re in the year 2075 by this point – they’ve got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business.

Edited by JGuez, December 10, 2014 - 10:30 PM.

• PuigNotLate likes this

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,134 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:29 AM

^^^ Crazy how much cash they have on hand. Goes to show how dominate Nintendo once was, but they are no where near that now. I mean their 3ds still does pretty well thanks for a few titles. With sustained loses like that though Nintendo's CEO has to be worried about his job every year unless it turns around. I am sure they have a few different options to make some new revenue, but they could use a real game changer.

Great points man.

I think IF they do make a move, it'll be making their games playable for Android and iOS. They just filed some patent paperwork for an emulator that works on mobile. Emulators for Android have been out for years, i used to play Donkey Kong Country on my Droid 2 like in 2010 lol. But this one would be official. With an official store and better performance. No doubt.

I'd pay for some Donkey Kong Country 1&2, Mario games, Zelda, among others.

Only a matter of time before they're hurting too much financially and start making moves.

That sounds probably like the smartest thing for them to do. For one it keeps their mobile games mobile even though they are on a different type of handheld. Not to mention they translate pretty well over to a phone to play. I remember freshman year of college all my dorm buddies and I put a emulator on a phones and got pokemon yellow. In the middle of class we were just playing pokemon on our phones it was great ahaha

I would like that though it would actually be something I could see myself paying for and playing.

#14 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 10:59 AM

What about it did you not like? I actually think it's one of the coolest video game controllers ever made.

You don't have to use it either way though. They make like 3 different controllers that all work well for their games.

Its more of the size. Dualshock4 controller to me is the best controller I had ever used. It fits my hand comfortably and just right.  Xbox contoller is just ok. My PC controller logitech f710 is a little better than the xbox for how it fits my hand.  I know the gamepad is very inovative and very unique but I dont see myself looking into a small screen while also looking into my big screen to play games anytime soon.  Not saying gamepad suck. Just saying not my taste.

Edited by epicwolf, December 11, 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#15 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:09 AM

^^^ Crazy how much cash they have on hand. Goes to show how dominate Nintendo once was, but they are no where near that now. I mean their 3ds still does pretty well thanks for a few titles. With sustained loses like that though Nintendo's CEO has to be worried about his job every year unless it turns around. I am sure they have a few different options to make some new revenue, but they could use a real game changer.

That sounds probably like the smartest thing for them to do. For one it keeps their mobile games mobile even though they are on a different type of handheld. Not to mention they translate pretty well over to a phone to play. I remember freshman year of college all my dorm buddies and I put a emulator on a phones and got pokemon yellow. In the middle of class we were just playing pokemon on our phones it was great ahaha

I would like that though it would actually be something I could see myself paying for and playing.

If you think about it Sony is the one that is hurting financially.  Microsoft have so much money to throw away that they probably don't care if xbox not selling.  Nintendo was the king of console gamings for as long as I can remember. Even when PS2 and Xbox was popular nintendo still making bank with N64 and  the Wii.  Only lately with the Wii U that they not selling. But in the 80's and 90's nintendo was still the king of console gamings. In fact, Nintendo was the king of gaming period. PC gaming was never popular until late 90's and early 2000. Sega was the only competitors for Nintendo and look how they turn out.  It just amazing that a company that once dominated the gaming industry are now just background noise to Sony and Microsoft.  But i dont think they will go bankrupt anytime soon.  I fear for Sony though.

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:56 AM

I would pay $20 to have the original GOLD NES game playable for PS3. And I would want the follow up on the SuperNES.

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#17 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:57 AM

Eh. Nintendo isn't going to ever do that most likely. That's plan Z if they lost all their money but realistically Nintendo can continue to lose money for a long....LONG time.

Was gonna post this. Nintendo is fine, and will be fine. They would need to release so many failures consecutively to even put a dent into all the wealth they have. Plus they always corner the market with their handhelds. It wasn't too long ago that the 3DS was the highest selling console, period. 

#18 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,134 posts

Posted December 12, 2014 - 04:08 PM

If you think about it Sony is the one that is hurting financially.  Microsoft have so much money to throw away that they probably don't care if xbox not selling.  Nintendo was the king of console gamings for as long as I can remember. Even when PS2 and Xbox was popular nintendo still making bank with N64 and  the Wii.  Only lately with the Wii U that they not selling. But in the 80's and 90's nintendo was still the king of console gamings. In fact, Nintendo was the king of gaming period. PC gaming was never popular until late 90's and early 2000. Sega was the only competitors for Nintendo and look how they turn out.  It just amazing that a company that once dominated the gaming industry are now just background noise to Sony and Microsoft.  But i dont think they will go bankrupt anytime soon.  I fear for Sony though.

Well sony screw ups aren't because of its games but rater because of everything else. They have piss poor marketing and have squandered the lead they had in the electronic market for years. A decade ago if you asked people who made the best tvs quality wise they would of said sony, same for many electronics. Problem is they didn't build on this lead and have fallen back due to many things among other competitors stepping their game up. They are doing as much as they can for the ps4 for the simple fact that is what is bringing the company the most ROI right now so they have to build on that.

I know nintendo was king for years, who doesn't remember the golden times of nintendo. However, resting on past laurels is what made Sony fall behind and Nintendo would be smart to avoid this down fall. Nintendo is not nearly as diverse as sony is and needs to combat falling behind in the console market because quite frankly that is half their business with the other half just being games or software.(Then again their software only works on their consoles so they two are closely connected)  Nintendo is in no way immediate danger, but slowly falling behind and not getting a game changer is how many companys once atop the tech world have fallen, ask nokia. The tech market is probably the market where the big boys have the most risk to hit a bad spot for years. Again you see that with sony now and there have been other tech giants that have fallen off the face of the earth because of not being innovative or taking that next big change, anyone remember RIM? 

Any business not just tech ones should be smart to avoid the pitfall that is thinking oh nothing is wrong with our business plan we have just hit a rough patch it will turn around. This is not how things work in the business world and unless you have super high brand loyalty such as apple it is very hard to stay around without making big jumps year over year. Nintendo has straight cash in the bank, but the you don't want to be in the red year after year and cutting into your savings account. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 12, 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#19 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Looks like it finally happened. Only a matter of time. Not exactly what I would have liked, but Nintendo is licensing ALL of their IP to make new tittles on mobile platforms. Would have preferred classics being made available to everyone on Android and iOS but whatever.

http://www.engadget....artphone-games/
  • JGuez likes this

#20 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,985 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 04:55 PM

^Great implementation of it IMO. Not giving you the full games but different mobile versions using their characters is incredibly smart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users