#61 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2014 - 01:37 PM

No way in hill is D-Will, Kyrie, Lillard, Conley, or Lowry are better than Rondo.

I'll take every one of those point guards for the Lakers over Rondo except maybe Deron Williams. i've always like D-Will, but after he got traded he fell off. If we were talking about Williams from his Jazz days, then yeah i'd take him over Rondo as well.

#62 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 06, 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'll take every one of those point guards for the Lakers over Rondo except maybe Deron Williams. i've always like D-Will, but after he got traded he fell off. If we were talking about Williams from his Jazz days, then yeah i'd take him over Rondo as well.

Yea I like great defenders that will give you 110% every game, mentally and physically tough and have championship experience. Most of those guys don't have those qualities.

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#63 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 06, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Rondo's lack of scoring actually hurts his team.  I think Rondo would be a great PG on a team thats a contender but he'd have to be like the 3rd or probably 4th best player on the team AND the team has to have amazing spacing.  Kobe and Rondo already equals 2 players that can't space the floor at an effective level for others to create in the post or create penetration.  Hell Kobe himself is one of the main post guys.  He needs to be able to kick it out to effective wings to hit shots. 

I remember Rondo had a couple of 40+ point games before he got injured.

• Majesty likes this

#64 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 06, 2014 - 02:52 PM

Yea I like great defenders that will give you 110% every game, mentally and physically tough and have championship experience. Most of those guys don't have those qualities.

image.jpg

Edited by TKainZero, December 06, 2014 - 03:01 PM.

• flota likes this

#65 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, LO, Pau, JC

Posted December 06, 2014 - 03:19 PM

Being a Raptors fan too, I get to watch Lowry a lot. This dude can ball, is a leader, a pitbull, hustles and plays D. Led the league in charges last year if I'm not mistaken. Only thing he doesn't have is championship experience. I'd take him 1st, Rondo 2nd, but he isn't on the market.

#66 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, LO, Pau, JC

Posted December 06, 2014 - 03:25 PM

Report: Rondo prefers to sign with Celtics 1st, Lakers 2nd

Sometimes, brunch is just brunch. But at other times, brunch can mark the start of a free-agency craze.

According to a report from Sherrod Blakely of CSN Boston, point guardRajon Rondo prefers to re-sign with the Boston Celtics when he becomes a free agent this offseason. However, should talks fall through, the Los Angeles Lakers would move to the top of Rondo's wishlist.  

Rondo, who has spent the entirety of his career in Celtic green, has this season remaining on his current deal, meaning he will become an unrestricted free agent at the age of 29. The star point guard isn't scoring as much this season, but he's once again leading the league in assists at 11.3 per game, in addition to scoring 8.6 points and grabbing 7.4 rebounds.

Both the Celtics and Lakers have plenty of cap space to ink Rondo to a sizable deal next summer.

http://www.thescore....nba/news/650878

Edited by KobeBeef24, December 06, 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#67 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,536 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 03:32 PM

It's happening gif.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#68 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 05:07 PM

image.jpg

crazy...

i thought the KKK was like bigfoot... or the loch ness monster (not really, of course the KKK is real)

I have always thought the whole racism thing was a bit over blown...

I felt like we got past that as a world...

Plz keep it down

#69 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 06, 2014 - 05:27 PM

RT @BaxterHolmes: Rondo said he and Kobe were "just two [expletive]holes having breakfast."

Edited by Majesty, December 06, 2014 - 05:27 PM.

• jax24 likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#70 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Rondo is an amazing player and 10 times better than anyone on out current roster not named Kobe. Lowry over Rondo? Lmao. Give Rondo that raptor team and see what happens! Rondo is not a just a "name" he is the best passer in the NBA, a top defender, and one of the most fierce competitors in the NBA. I'll take Rondo over anyone thats not Westbrook, Curry, Parker, and CP3. Lillard is not current better than Rondo.
  • Majesty, Anansi1171 and MaceWindu like this

#71 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted December 06, 2014 - 06:12 PM

Rondo and Deandre Jordan long shot though

I know Marc Gasol isn't leaving Memphis

Lamarcus isn't leaving Portland

Rondo and DJ will completely solve the holes we have on defense.

Edited by Michaelyumm, December 06, 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#72 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Rondo and Deandre Jordan long shot though

I know Marc Gasol isn't leaving Memphis

Lamarcus isn't leaving Portland

Rondo and DJ will completely solve the holes we have on defense.

Rondo and Jordan PnR would be pretty dirty....on both ends.

Edited by LakeShow805, December 06, 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#73 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:25 PM

Rondo has actually taken quite a step back defensively and is not the same defender he was before his injury. He is quite possibly the best passer in the NBA but he can't thrive in the half court without great teammates surrounding him because he is not a threat to shoot and he hesitates to drive because he's afraid to get to the free throw line. Everything else about this guy you have to respect. I wouldn't mind him as a pickup but he has to be a supporting piece to a championship puzzle instead of the main piece. I'd pass on him

Edited by stillshining, December 06, 2014 - 09:27 PM.

• lonlyamongus likes this

#74 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:57 PM

Agreed

Rondo has actually taken quite a step back defensively and is not the same defender he was before his injury. He is quite possibly the best passer in the NBA but he can't thrive in the half court without great teammates surrounding him because he is not a threat to shoot and he hesitates to drive because he's afraid to get to the free throw line. Everything else about this guy you have to respect. I wouldn't mind him as a pickup but he has to be a supporting piece to a championship puzzle instead of the main piece. I'd pass on him

• lonlyamongus likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#75 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Rondo is a supporting piece to a championship team, so you'll pass...ok well answer this, What pg in the NBA is a main piece? Westbrook has 0, Curry has 0, Rose has 0, CP3 has 0...only argument that can be made is Parker but he is exactly as you just described Rondo, he needs great players around. I wouldn't build around any pg. Nobody is saying he needs to be our number 1 option. Pass on him and get who? Reggie? An athletic chucker that will defer to Kobe just like every other PG we've had in the last decade. I'd take Rondo just for the fact that he wont put up with Kobe bringing the ball up court. As long as Kobe is here, a young developing pg wont work. We need a vet that will take the ball and ignore Kobe. Jackson will pretty much be Lin if he comes here.
  • Tensai, LakeShow805, Bjork and 5 others like this

#76 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Agreed, we just need as [expletive] on this team who can put up with Kobe. Not kidding.

#77 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,589 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:08 AM

Rondo is a supporting piece to a championship team, so you'll pass...ok well answer this, What pg in the NBA is a main piece? Westbrook has 0, Curry has 0, Rose has 0, CP3 has 0...only argument that can be made is Parker but he is exactly as you just described Rondo, he needs great players around. I wouldn't build around any pg. Nobody is saying he needs to be our number 1 option. Pass on him and get who? Reggie? An athletic chucker that will defer to Kobe just like every other PG we've had in the last decade. I'd take Rondo just for the fact that he wont put up with Kobe bringing the ball up court. As long as Kobe is here, a young developing pg wont work. We need a vet that will take the ball and ignore Kobe. Jackson will pretty much be Lin if he comes here.

giphy.gif

• Tensai, flota, BasketballIQ and 1 other like this

#78 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:15 AM

Give Rondo that team and they suffer because Rondo isn't a scoring threat 90 percent of the time. In 2014 Lowry is better.

Rondo is an amazing player and 10 times better than anyone on out current roster not named Kobe. Lowry over Rondo? Lmao. Give Rondo that raptor team and see what happens! Rondo is not a just a "name" he is the best passer in the NBA, a top defender, and one of the most fierce competitors in the NBA. I'll take Rondo over anyone thats not Westbrook, Curry, Parker, and CP3. Lillard is not current better than Rondo.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#79 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:19 AM

Give Rondo that team and they suffer because Rondo isn't a scoring threat 90 percent of the time. In 2014 Lowry is better.

thats not true...no need to argue about things that wont ever happen so lets just agree to disagree. I believe it was you that also said you would pass on Westbrook as well. So you don't want Rondo or Westbrook? Are you sure you just don't like the pg position at all? Who do you want as the Lakers starting pg?

#80 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts

Posted December 07, 2014 - 08:51 AM

You really need to learn to read instead of just trying to be argumentative.  I specifically said about Westbrook who happens to be probably my fav player after Kobe that I'd question giving him a max 3 years from now based on his style of play...ya know since he's a free agent for another 3 seasons.  How about following the context of the conversation instead of nitpicking my post and misrepresenting what I said. 

thats not true...no need to argue about things that wont ever happen so lets just agree to disagree. I believe it was you that also said you would pass on Westbrook as well. So you don't want Rondo or Westbrook? Are you sure you just don't like the pg position at all? Who do you want as the Lakers starting pg?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Rondo, Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users