Kobe and Rondo have a breakfast together

Kobe Rondo Lakers

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 05, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Kobe better buy Rondo a house after this showcase.

#42 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• Banned
  • 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted December 05, 2014 - 07:17 PM

lol...do you think rondo would have had 15 assist tonight on the lakers? Really?

#43 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted December 05, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Last time i checked he still can't do jack w/o 3 HOF on his roster carrying his ass at light speed.

and he will not come over here because our roster don't have anything that can use his passing talent.

Keep the pipe dream though, it might still happen after you pay 18m for a super charged version of Marshal

Come on over Rajon. Anyone who doesn't want Rondo here needs to get their head checked and I mean fast. We're Rondo and another big away from being a contender again. A guy who will take a ton of pressure off Kobe? A guy who will be able to better defend quicker point guards then we've had in god knows how long, and a guy who's won a title and has a competitive drive at least somewhat like Kobe's? Yes please.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#44 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 05, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Last time i checked he still can't do jack w/o 3 HOF on his roster carrying his ass at light speed.

and he will not come over here because our roster don't have anything that can use his passing talent.

Keep the pipe dream though, it might still happen after you pay 18m for a super charged version of Marshal

besides being a triple double machine and being a top point guard in the league........

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#45 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 07:32 PM

I'd take either Rondo or Reggie Jackson. Both have an even pluses and minuses IMO.

Rondo is a better PG, but Reggie nets you a young guy with some more upside later in his career. 

#46 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 05, 2014 - 08:03 PM

I'd take either Rondo or Reggie Jackson. Both have an even pluses and minuses IMO.

Rondo is a better PG, but Reggie nets you a young guy with some more upside later in his career. 

I think what we currently see from Jackson is all we're going to see.

Rondo meanwhile is an all around star, who makes an impact someway or another even if it's not scoring.

• LakeShow805 likes this

#47 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Rondo meanwhile is an all around star, who makes an impact someway or another even if it's not scoring.

3.25 years into the league isn't normally when players hit their prime. It's normally around the ages of 26 to 30ish and he's only 24.

He played pretty well overall without Westbrook and Durant on the team.....that was pretty much being the number 1 option. Now that they're back the past 2 games he is shooting a higher percentage and still playing better as a 3rd/4th option.

Rondo is no question better than Reggie Jackson but I don't see how you think he's at the height of his career right now. 

He has more room to grow, IMO. 

Edited by JGuez, December 05, 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#48 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,061 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted December 05, 2014 - 08:25 PM

You have it backwards what we see from Rondo is all we will see . Jackson keeps getting better

#49 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Rondo isn't even a top 5 pg and hasn't been since before he got injured. He's never been a dominant player either. There are close to 10 pgs in the league that see much more effective than Rondo. Once you get over the name it's pretty easy to see that. Russ, steph, cp3, dwill, kyrie, lillard are better and you can even argue that at this point Conley and Lowry are. Triple doubles mean very little when most games he struggles to score and can't spread the floor.

besides being a triple double machine and being a top point guard in the league........

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#50 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 09:07 PM

Reggie Jackson is this era's Darren Collison. Remember when Chris Paul was in NOH, he went down and Collison replaced him to produce All-star numbers? Yeah. Same thing happened with Jackson. AND happened with Lin when Melo was injured.

Just looking at Jackson anybody should be able to tell the guy is raw and just has those jack of all trades skills. And most of them can be attributed to him getting this much major minutes and having the green light to do whatever he wants. He is gonna hit his wall quite soon and stay there.

Comparing him to Rondo is ridiculous.

• Majesty likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#51 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 09:43 PM

No one is giving a direct comparison. To put things in perspective for you. Rondo will turn 30 before next year's end. The 1st year on his deal. So you're so in love with what he did 2-3 years ago you are willing to give him top dollar for the declining part of his career.

Reggie Jackson is this era's Darren Collison. Remember when Chris Paul was in NOH, he went down and Collison replaced him to produce All-star numbers? Yeah. Same thing happened with Jackson. AND happened with Lin when Melo was injured.

Just looking at Jackson anybody should be able to tell the guy is raw and just has those jack of all trades skills. And most of them can be attributed to him getting this much major minutes and having the green light to do whatever he wants. He is gonna hit his wall quite soon and stay there.

Comparing him to Rondo is ridiculous.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#52 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted December 05, 2014 - 10:51 PM

Who cares. At the end of his 4 year deal he will be 33. Still in his prime. And his style of play will allow him to play further in his career bar chronic injuries.

I can't say the same thing about other slashing kind PGs.

Rondo deserves every single penny. He is couple of tiers above likes of Reggie Jackson, who will just turn to be waste of money.

• Bjork, Jackson, Majesty and 1 other like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#53 lakesh0w

lakesh0w

Rookie

• 271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Laron Profit, Chucky Atkins

Posted December 06, 2014 - 12:51 AM

i'm with you on this.. i thought the exact same thing when i looked up rondo's age when this pic surfaced and had me thinking about the lakers signing him at age 29. 

rondo will still be able to play the way he is now, as well as produce the same, when he is around 33-35 imo. 

Who cares. At the end of his 4 year deal he will be 33. Still in his prime. And his style of play will allow him to play further in his career bar chronic injuries.

I can't say the same thing about other slashing kind PGs.

Rondo deserves every single penny. He is couple of tiers above likes of Reggie Jackson, who will just turn to be waste of money.

Edited by lakesh0w, December 06, 2014 - 12:51 AM.

• Majesty likes this

#54 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,529 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:02 AM

D will.is not better than rondo.

Its like this.
Curry/Chris
Westbrook/Lillard.
Rondo/Parker /Rose
Lowry/Dragic/Lowry

#55 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:14 AM

He's current avg under 10 ppg and 11 assist right now on a team with 6 wins that has slighly more talent than this LA team.  I swear guys fall in love with names and their opinions never evolve with the game.  You have to be a scoring threat in some form to be a top PG today.  The other PGs have gotten better and evolved Rondo is just a guy thats going to get you a pretty statline and people will go crazy about it.  The same people that will say that Lebron's triple doubles are meaningless will praise Rondo for a trip dub. 

He isn't better than.  Steph, Russ, Cp3, Dwill, Kyrie, Lillard, Rose, Wall or Lowry right now for sure and it's highly debatable if he's more effective than Dragic,Conley, Bledsoe, or Lawson .

He's arguably the best passer in the NBA, no doubt on that but it takes more than that to impact games.  For every big game Rondo has on the scoring end he has about 3-4 where he's largely ineffective at scoring.  That's not a player I want to invest in at the edge of his prime nor give more money to than about 8 guys better than him. 

Keep thinking "being an Ahole" is what produces wins and makes players great.  That's just who he is regardless not what makes him a great player. 

lol...do you think rondo would have had 15 assist tonight on the lakers? Really?

Edited by Jody Smokes, December 06, 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#56 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 06, 2014 - 10:03 AM

Rondo isn't even a top 5 pg and hasn't been since before he got injured. He's never been a dominant player either. There are close to 10 pgs in the league that see much more effective than Rondo. Once you get over the name it's pretty easy to see that. Russ, steph, cp3, dwill, kyrie, lillard are better and you can even argue that at this point Conley and Lowry are. Triple doubles mean very little when most games he struggles to score and can't spread the floor.

No way in hill is D-Will, Kyrie, Lillard, Conley, or Lowry are better than Rondo.

Give me Rondo over those fools any day of the week.

I can say something similar for the guys you posted. Scoring means very little when most games they struggle to guard the other PG.

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#57 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 10:03 AM

I don't want my PG to necessarily score. I want my PG to help the team win. And Rondo just does that. Without him Celtics wouldn't function the way they did during Big 3 era. There is a reason Kobe mentions the statline Rondo had.. the one with 18 points 17 rebounds 20 assists. And he has countless performances like that. Not just triple double. They are all big performances.

2012 ECF, Celtics down 0-1 against Heat. In game 2, he plays all 4 quarters and the OT, has 44 points 8 rebounds 10 assists 3 steals. Celtics loses in the end but Rondo plays his heart out. In 7 game series he averages 45.2 mpg 20.9 ppg 6.9 rpg 11.3 1.9 spg.

In 2010 ECSF against Cavs, he averages 20.7 ppg (54.1 FG%) 6.3 rpg 11.8 apg 1.8 spg. Best player in Celtics.

Where is CP3 in playoffs? Anyone got his number?

Westbrook and Rondo have been the best PGs in playoffs for the last decade. Consistenly good. We will see what Curry is made of this year. If he can elevate his team or not.

If you give Rondo lemon, he will make lemonade. Obviously Rondo is not a player that can carry a team all by himself but he's the lynchpin. Give him a couple of shooters, and players that can cooperate with him, then you don't even need a coach. He can even make Byron Scott look like Doc Rivers 2.0.

• LakeShow805, JGuez, BleedPurple&Gold and 1 other like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#58 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,999 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 11:37 AM

I don't want my PG to necessarily score. I want my PG to help the team win. And Rondo just does that.

That's a fair argument, IMO.

I'm pretty sure what Jody is saying is that Rondo just isn't worth the max from a statistical point of view and in that sense I could probably agree there. Dollar for dollar Rondo will not get you the stats worth a max contract.

He isn't capable of scoring the same way these other guards are but like you said Rondo does have that factor in him that keeps up with the top guards despite his inability to shoot well.

There was a topic in the NBA Talk section where I and a few others argued that Tony Parker was the best PG in the league. Statistically he isn't but he's just got that winning factor about him. I don't think it can easily be explained.

And like you said....CP3 has yet to be past the 2nd round. There's something to be said about that.

#59 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,138 posts

Posted December 06, 2014 - 12:19 PM

Rondo's lack of scoring actually hurts his team.  I think Rondo would be a great PG on a team thats a contender but he'd have to be like the 3rd or probably 4th best player on the team AND the team has to have amazing spacing.  Kobe and Rondo already equals 2 players that can't space the floor at an effective level for others to create in the post or create penetration.  Hell Kobe himself is one of the main post guys.  He needs to be able to kick it out to effective wings to hit shots. 

#60 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted December 06, 2014 - 01:02 PM

Get Rondo here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Rondo, Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users