#121 Dr Randle

Dr Randle

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Name:julius
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Julius Randle

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:23 PM

Have to admit, the new meme's that are popping up are hilarious!

Evolution_of_DCCU_Joker.png

----

CDaZsqvUMAI8MZ4.jpg

That Affleck one :hysterical: :hysterical:

#122 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,416 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:53 PM

eh...

hR3rI.png

#123 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,602 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 11:03 PM

I think people are putting too much stock into a picture. I like it and I don't but acknowledge its just a picture

I take some issue with the tatoos. While he's a psychopath I prefer a joker who's not a prison thug

The joker at his best has no regard for human life, is as smart as they come, but still a bit smooth

Heath ledger and jack had instances of all of this

Did it differently but had it all. If Leto captures that I don't care what he looks like.

Based on the picture he looks like someone who'll bite your nose off and slice your nipples. Weird stuff

If his look is actually indicative of his personality I'll really have to wait and see.
  • Majesty likes this
Posted Image

#124 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 25, 2015 - 12:02 AM

Anyone catch the wing on his shoulder?   It's a broken wing.  Reference to killing Jason Todd after beating him senseless with a crowbar and blowing him up with his mother.   Yes Joker was/is that ruthless. 

That's how Leto's Joker strikes me.

The Joker that paralyzed Batgirl, the Joker that was represented in The Killing Joke, the Joker that beat Jason Todd to a bloody pulp and blew him up and his mother.  It's THAT Joker I see.  

But here is a good breakdown on the tattoo's and the meanings, references to the Joker.

"There is a lot of familiar Joker iconography in the tattoos. Let's break it down a little:

First of all, we have Joker/card-based tattoos. The four of a kind (presumably with a Joker for the fifth card) says "All in" beneath it. The skull-in-a-jester's cap is a popular image in pop culture and with tattoo artists based on a Google Image search, but I don't know of any particular story in which either played a big role for The Joker (although Batman does have that giant Joker card in his cave).

The "Damaged" forehead tattoo seems likely to be a wink and a nod to Charles Manson's face tattoos, given the "Joker's the craziest guy ever" vibe we're getting here and that's been present basically since The Dark Knight Returns popularized the idea of trying to psychoanalyze these characters.

joker-graphic-novel-cover-133315.jpgThe laughter is familiar enough; again, we get a bit of a callback to that same Bolland image. Beyond that, though, we have two different kinds of laughter scrawled in different tattoos, and the font/handwriting on them don't match what we see in the Bolland image. Rather, they evoke Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth and Joker, the original graphic novel from Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo.

We also get two different mouths -- one on one of his forearms and the other on his un-gloved hand. It looks like they're different representations of Joker smiles over the years, witht he one on his forearm resembling the smile Jock gave the character during his time drawing Batman and the one on his hand being a little more ragged -- maybe like (again) the Bermejo image at right or even Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight joker. It seems as though this Joker will acknowledge the history and the ever-changing nature of the character a bit.

He's got a trio of unidentifiable tattoos -- one on his bicep, one on his right side wrapping around to his back and one across his belly. It looks to me as though the one on his belly might actually just be a stylized font that says "Joker," but I could easily be wrong there. It's hard to tell what thing on his arm is, other than that it looks like some kind of bird. Maybe the laughing fish, though? And the one on his back looks like at least two words and that what we can see is that the first word ends in "O'S" or "OS" -- I can't tell if that's an apostrophe or just shadow -- and the second word end in "LY." It's underlined hysterically, which makes me think maybe the second word is "only."

There's also a stray "J" on his face that reminds me a bit of a teardrop tattoo and some work around his eyes that makes his face look "cracked" and also makes me wonder whether the dark areas around his eyes are actually tattoos too.

http://comicbook.com...-in-depth-look/"

The caps on his teeth strike me as something he'd get after the many times Batman has knocked his teeth out of his mouth (also present in the comics often) but in the comics you can always redraw him with teeth.  In actuality it's not so much that way.   He looks like a Joker that's been through as many wars with Batman as Batman has been through with him. 

I think this Joker is the cold, calculating psychopath.  Tattoo's don't make the Joker a prison thug as he's had tattoo's in the comics before and still remained The Joker, and it's been a lot worse in terms of tattoo's than what Leto has

CDZ380GUUAEkA_T.jpg

So when it comes down to it, I see reference to the Joker from both The Killing Joke, Miller and Jim Lee, as well as the death of Jason Todd.  If we're going to get that rolled into one it's gonna be a heck of a performance if Leto can pull it off.  So I'm hoping he can.    This Joker looks psychotic by every stretch of the word. Smart, but also psychotic.   

Also....

here's your nightmare fuel 

CDZewviWgAAtvJI.png

Edited by Majesty, April 25, 2015 - 12:09 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#125 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 12:30 AM

Also remember the tweet he was mentioned in on the reveal. 

The Suicide Squad wishes you a Happy Anniversary Mr. J! #Joker75 #SuicideSquad @WarnerBrosEnt @DCComics

What would be hilarious would be if the "Tattoos" were just a tribute to the 75 Years of the Joker and weren't part of his movie attire :D  Then everyone that got wound up would be getting wind up for nothing.

Think about it.. this entire picture

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

is pretty much an homage to the 75 years of the Joker.. what if the tattoo's are just tribute to that?  Would be an interesting take.  One thing I do know is in the leaked picture/video of him as the Joker he doesn't have any tattoo's on.

tumblr_nn67h21PnC1s1kpjfo1_500.gif

What if those tattoo's(most of them anyway) were just 'reference' to the 75th Anniversary and were only on him to represent that in this picture?  

Interesting theory either way. 

Does make me wonder, there is another theory I liked...

The theory that the Joker didn't do these things to himself, that the inmates of Arkham did while he was in his catatonic state, to get their rocks off.  

Let's not forget, after Batman retired the Joker went into a catatonic almost vegetable-like state.  

If he's currently in Arkham in a vegetable state, the inmates doing this to him to get their rocks off would not surprise me. 

IT also makes for an awesome after-credits scene in BatmanvSuperman

Imagine this..

It shows the Joker in Arkham, basically as the inmates have had their fill of him, but he can 'seemingly' do nothing about it as he just stares oft in his vegetable like state with little to no expression, as if he's dead inside. 

And then news comes on, about the return of Batman(this would be the case in Batman v Superman as Batman essentially leaves retirement to deal with this Superman issue he feels needs to be dealt with). 

His return would likely start rifts and not just that his return would likely make the news, particularly with him, Superman and Wonder Woman eventually forming a group. 

But the news needs to only focus on Batman returning.  Once that news hits from either the TV the radio anything.. we can close up to Leto who is still in his catatonic state.. and then.. suddenly.. he slowly starts to smile.. and in the end has a BIG grin.. and his eyes get very wide.  And the screen cuts to black.   THAT is an after credits scene that would send chills. 

That sets up why he'd be in Arkham at the start of Suicide Squad(think Assault on Arkham) and would also be a lead in to the next movie where he is the Antagonist (Suicide Squad) it would just be perfect. 

Edited by Majesty, April 25, 2015 - 12:50 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#126 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:54 PM

Seems more suited for one of his thugs or cronies, but if they are trying to implement a new age Joker then that's fine. What struck me about this picture is Joker looks happy, not mad or psycho.

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 03:17 PM

Seems more suited for one of his thugs or cronies, but if they are trying to implement a new age Joker then that's fine. What struck me about this picture is Joker looks happy, not mad or psycho.

He looks plenty psycho here imo

CDbu9Y7W0AAJFWK.jpg

Also note, no tattoo. I have a feeling the tattoos were an homage to the Jokers 75th.

Edited by Majesty, April 25, 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#128 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,357 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 25, 2015 - 04:37 PM

Looks like an ICP reject....

• ace™ and Marc Maron like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#129 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,156 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 25, 2015 - 05:12 PM

Looks like an ICP reject....

Bahahah. [expletive]ing magnets

#130 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,307 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 25, 2015 - 05:40 PM

I want to hear his voice
The joker is my favorite supervillain
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#131 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 05:54 PM

I want to hear his voice
The joker is my favorite supervillain

Likely an improved version of this while actually in character and not just messing with a heckler. 

Edited by Majesty, April 25, 2015 - 05:57 PM.

• flota likes this

#132 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,307 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 26, 2015 - 08:45 AM

That sounds great
Thanks Maj
  • Majesty likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 43,951 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 11:18 AM

No one has mentioned this, but I think maybe just maybe they're missing a little extra detail on his lips. This is a horrible example I did using crappy ass paint, but you get anidea:

84aa9f14_o.jpeg

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

• Majesty likes this

yo.

#134 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 12:12 PM

Looks pretty awesome actually :D

• 43,951 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 12:16 PM

Looks more clownish/Joker-ish with it & less human-ish imo.

yo.

#136 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,836 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted April 28, 2015 - 02:16 AM

Currently not digging, need to see the suit. Hopefully its not straight out of hot topic like this sneak peak.

2div

#137 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 02:37 AM

Currently not digging, need to see the suit. Hopefully its not straight out of hot topic like this sneak peak.

His suit is likely the purple one as where as the White one he wore in Dark Knight Returns. 

This is the Joker you're likely getting 

Imagine that first Scene being an End Credit's Scene from BatmanvSuperman and Leto in Arkham in a catatonic state where all the inmates have drawn on him and done things to the 'supposedly' vegetable-like Joker. Imagine that scene ending at 1:34 in a movie theatre at the end to BatmanvSuperman.   Yeah....

Don't forget, Batman's retirement caused the Joker to turn himself in and go into a Vegetable like state in the first place.  Him coming OUT of retirement in BatmanvSuperman essentially re-activates the guy. 

Leto is also seen here wearing that suit 

tumblr_nn67h21PnC1s1kpjfo1_500.gif

Edited by Majesty, April 28, 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#138 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 28, 2015 - 06:46 AM

Change is inevitable.... But sometimes they do a little too much.

#139 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,602 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 11:49 AM

I think this is more or less the right direction. Heath was a terrorist joker. And it worked perfectly for nolans world. There are allegorical elements of 9/11 in tdk

A ton of it made sense. The joker was about ideology and returning civilization to chaos and was trying to awaken Gotham to its phony values

Now in this new DCU a terrorist joker doesn't make sense. You need a villainous joker. One that is almost pure evil

Heath was not pure evil. There are moments in tdk where you question who's really right. He makes incredibly poignant points throughout the film. I think in this universe you need a joker who is a bit smoother, more calculated and more of a genuine villain. It'll play better in a universe that has characters like killer croc, superman, Wonder Woman, green lantern.

A murderous sociopathic Loki would fit very well in this universe. The cunning and smooth nature of loki with the bloodlust of Hannibal lecter

That's what I want. I want the joker who beats Jason Todd to a pulp. I want the joker who breaks his own neck to ruin batman

It's a departure from jack and Heath if they go that route.

It also makes sense with a batman that allegedly is almost a villain himself.

Keep in mind bales batman was scarred and dark but he was through and through a good guy. Always talking about justice, hope, seeing the good in people

I think affleck is going to be nasty and cruel. He's going to break legs of criminals. Inspire fear. That line telling superman "you will" bales batman was not the type to make people bleed and threaten to do so

I think the DCU is going to be hard PG-13
  • Majesty likes this
Posted Image

#140 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted April 28, 2015 - 06:29 PM

Leto's body