Watched the movie Sunday afternoon, and loved both Harley and Deadshot. Not sure about the others. Leto as the Joker didn't do it for me, and I wouldn't say it's really him...just not a fan of the character in this movie. Maybe my expectations were a little too high, and I shouldn't expect anyone to match Ledger's version.
The soundtrack was pretty awesome. Plot was okay. I really needed more Harley/Joker interaction.
Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!
Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past
Posted September 07, 2016 - 12:08 AM
This guy tries to make Suicide Squad 'better'
Alright I usually don't tear into videos like this, but this guy's a big well known youtuber known for re-writing wrestling storylines and thought he could tackle Suicide Squad. And well..his ideas are crap in my opinion, but he has a lot of followers so I'm sure they'll eat up a lot of it. However in just my opinion here's my take on it..
1) Adam's first idea is to make Jai Courtney the leading man. The video could stop right there.
2) Why would they send Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, El Diablo and the lot against a villain like Enchantress you ask?
Pretty sure it became even more of a buyable necessity because well you know.. the guy who WOULD take care of those things.. Superman... is you know... temporarily... DEAD!! And the movie did go out of it's way to explain that.
The entire movie was about how you are going to stop a metahuman the level of Superman that is NOT on our side and what you're going to send against it. Being that the Justice League do not exist and everyone is sort of doing their own thing separately, and the fact Bruce Wayne is currently trying to find those who do not want to be found AND the fact that Lex Luthor is in jail currently.
It brings about the necessity of a Suicide Squad. If Superman was not dead there'd be no Suicide Squad nor a way to convince the need for one. The entire reason Enchantress got over was because the Government thought they had a superbeing the level of Superman they could control.. but could not. That crap storm was all their fault.
So they put together Task Force X full of super beings or those with a skill level above that of a normal being, to try to take down threats like this, and because they are bad guys if crap goes down, they can trace it to them INSTEAD of themselves.
That was the whole point of a Suicide Squad. It's quite simple, if they succeed, great, if they don't, they die and the blame can be placed on their shoulders and thus they are thrown under the bus.
That was a pretty clear and solid point in the movie so I don't know why you spent a minute wondering WHY they are sending them in against a being like Enchantress.
Also "[expletive] MAGIC" Well Same to you, Magic exists in comic books and doesn't have to ALWAYS be watered down to "oh its really just some advanced form of Science..." yeah [expletive] that it's freaking Magic! It's time to stop being afraid of that word in movies that don't have mountains, warlocks or was based or a 700 page book series.
And 3) Captain Boomerang is a freaking prick and should NEVER be given the cookie cutter bullcrap story of "oh he robs banks but he just wants to get away and for his family" no. Captain Boomerang is a prick who doesn't give a [expletive] and robs banks because he's good at it.
Not everything has to be wrapped in a Disney freaking "oh they have a heart" bow. It works with Deadshot because THAT is his story, and it works with El Diablo because THAT is his story, and it works in ways with Harley Quinn because THAT is real aspects of her personality. Amazingly the complaint he had was characters not really being able to develop their characters, when his FIRST idea is changing Captain Boomerang's character altogether to fit into the "he's bad but only cause he has to be ' motif that fits better with Deadshot who he refuses to give that storyline to DESPITE it fitting his comic book counterpart and iteration.
That's basically like saying "yeah, Justice League and Bruce Wayne? Yeah let's not make him the lead. Let's make it Barry Allen.. and let's start the storyline with his parents getting offed in a dark alley and he wants to become a superhero because of it so that he can be there in the blink of an eye, cause his life changed in the blink of an eye."
Yeah...why not just leave it with Batman..who you know... that storyline actually FITS with.. just a thought
Ayer's film made more sense in terms of actually understanding the characters than your version, which got off on the wrong foot right off the bat. Pun intended.
He said he could make it better, when all he really did was water it down to the basic "Action movie 101" we've seen a thousand times since the 90s. Captain Boomerang having a "you killed my friend!" beef with Deadshot? Yeah no. While we're at it, let's make Killer Croc responsible for killing Katana's husband and then in the 3rd act start a romance between the two to really hammer home the cheese...
4) You also wouldn't need the ENTIRE Suicide Squad to take down the Joker, Katana is a metahuman that could go toe to toe with some of DC's best and she could and would take out the Joker without any hesitation or remorse and steal his soul in about 30 minutes and the film would be done. Unless you're gonna nerf Katana pretty much like Hollywood does to every female Superhero that could end the movie if her power is allowed to stand, like Storm in X-Men. Nope, I'd rather keep Katana the [expletive] kicking metahuman that could kill ALL members of the Squad as quick as she could look at them if they cross her. Cause THAT is the freaking Katana from the comics we wanted to see, fearsome, fearless, awesome, and NOT NERFED.
And making Joker the "big bad" for what the 3rd non DC live action movie that didn't have Superman in it? How about the Joker actually BEING a wildcard instead of the main focus? That would be great.
It's amazing how some always clamors for something different and bash Hollywood for not taking risks, yet in the very next breath they will want Joker to be the main baddie in both Suicide Squad AND the Batman solo film. Then Deathstroke showed up and people remembered what it was like to get something different and stopped being afraid of it.
And the Bonnie and Clyde aspect the Joker had in this movie made Paul Dini who created the darn character so happy he cried. I think he has more pull. The reason is because the Joker ACTUALLY loving her and her being on an even field in terms of their partnership draws more attention to her character ASIDE from abuse, and draws attention to just how good she actually is in terms of how smart she is, how fearsome she is, how maniacal she is and just how manipulative she is. IT allows Harley Quinn to be a bad[expletive] BAD girl instead of being this misunderstood anti-hero victim mary sue that has an [expletives] because she's in Wonder Woman's pants. (Yes that happened..New52.. which is why we're all glad it's gone).
5) Adam seems to speak from a perspective here of not understanding just how strong some of these characters are, nor why it would and could take their combined effort to take down the lines of Enchantress. First of all Captain Boomerang can hang with the Flash, so there's one, Katana is a metahuman with a soul stealing sword, that's two, Deadshot is self explanatory, Killer Croc has superstrength, a healing factor and can tear through just about anything, Rick Flag is Amanda Waller's main operative so that's self explanatory, El Diablo is a metahuman of a God like level, so that makes sense, and Harley Quinn aside from being a genius, strategist and skilled fighter at street level also has a high durability level thanks to Poison ivy that allows her to survive things like falling out of airplanes or off cliffs without dying or enables her to "do things" with Ivy and not die. So even she makes sense there.
It all makes sense when you understand the characters and aren't trying to nerf them into the ground to the point where "this swat team is gonna shoot you if you run" is actually a threat, and El Diablo can be killed with a bullet to the head...all cause you're afraid of the word "Magic" if it isn't in a movie based off a 700 page book or something involving elves and mountains.
Katana would have a field day slashing through that amusement park full of Joker henchmen trying to stop them by herself without the rest of the Squad even needed.
6) Wanna know another reason why you don't need the Suicide Squad to take down the Joker in an amusement park? Cause THAT'S A SOLO MISSION BATMAN COULD TAKE CARE OF! And if Batman can do it, do you really think the Suicide Squad would be threatened at all?
oh and Harley gets demoted to weak token character that isn't intelligent enough to think for herself till being slapped around a few times..whoopdie do.... instead of you know.. the Bonnie and Clyde genius bad[expletive] she was in the original film that was so good at what she did the Joker saw her as a near equal and an actual partner.
So Adam essentially turned Suicide Squad into a cliche Jai Courney lead action movie. Cause... THAT'S worked out just great in the past hasn't it.... (sighs)
Ugh.. I shoulda known this was gonna happen when his teeth didn't freaking glisten!!
Stick to re-writing WWE.
"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen."