Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,759 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted August 15, 2016 - 09:19 AM

Suicide Squad Survives. Critics Don't!

You would think it is humiliating to harangue a film then see it soar at the box office. It seems that many film critics just don't understand or appreciate films with mass appeal. More on that later

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gene-del-vecchio/suicide-squad-survives-cr_b_11368884.html

Screen-Shot-2016-07-31-at-3.09.32-PM.png

• Majesty likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#382 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 17, 2016 - 12:43 AM

Why do so many of you take criticism so damn personally when you have NOTHING to do with a film?

If you like it great, like it.  Why do you need people in the media or press to agree with you?  So many claim to not care about critics, then turn around and talk about them incessantly.  I'll never get this.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#383 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,992 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted August 17, 2016 - 11:13 AM

folks get butt hurt over the smallest things

i do not agree with you.. SO YOU''RE WRONG.. YOU'RE AN IDIOT. DUMB or KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE TOPIC AT HAND... It is funny to me at times, so I choose to ignore most of the "Know it all folk".

I am going to see it still and could careless what others opinions on it are. If i like it, i like it and if not, oh well

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, August 17, 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#384 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2016 - 11:59 AM

DC fans have some sort of complex when it comes to these movies. They'll deal with horrible edits of the movies put out solely to make the viewer purchase the extended cut on Blu-ray. When Jared Leto's pissed at the studio, that says something. If he's not defending them and he's getting a paycheck from them, why the hell are you guys so adamantly defending them? Because you're mindless fans? All his dedication towards the role means nothing if I only get to see a 1/5 of it. It reminds me of when TDR came out and every review that didn't worship it as work of art was attacked by DC fanboys. Marvel fanboys defend both Thor movies despite them being mediocre and they get rightfully blasted for that. AoU: good film, spent too much time trying to set other films up. 

Suicide Squad, in my opinion, was a film with many great scenes, many poor scenes, and some of the worst editing I've seen. Jared and Margot were phenomenal and someone actually needs to be fired at WB for removing so many of their scenes. I shouldn't have to pay more money for a finished movie. Will and Viola were good. I thought Cara did fine. It's far better than whatever it is on RT and Fant4stic but WB has some of you under an Enchantress spell. I'd happily see a Suicide Squad 2 if they decide not to edit most of the movie out but until that happens, I'm not paying money for unfinished projects. 

Edited by Clark Wayne, August 17, 2016 - 01:28 PM.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#385 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,759 posts

Posted August 17, 2016 - 04:24 PM

#1Album in America. Sorry.Winning.

• Majesty likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#386 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 17, 2016 - 05:20 PM

Also, the soundtrack was great. The choice of song for when Joker dived after Harley was phenomenal. 

• Majesty likes this

#387 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,759 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 08:36 AM

DC Nation. Winning.

tumblr_oasrt51jM91vuyb1zo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oasrpm6vl81vuyb1zo1_500.jpg

• Majesty likes this

#388 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted August 18, 2016 - 11:13 PM

Kinda sad.

#389 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 19, 2016 - 11:57 AM

lol fido.

I only think there's such a strong splurge of support due to the unnecessary level of hate the DC movies have gotten. The strongest downfall for DC has def. been the edits of the film and how choppy and incoherent some pieces may be. They aren't D level or f level movies. 

ap1.png

#390 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,759 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 03:00 PM

False. The editor of BvS won an Academy Award for Best Editing by the way. There is a Doctor on iTunes whose podcast has been disproving all the criticisms against the DCEU Films for the past 3 years.
  • Majesty likes this

#391 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,546 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 19, 2016 - 07:47 PM

I saw it tonight💢🙂🔫

#392 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 19, 2016 - 08:20 PM

False. The editor of BvS won an Academy Award for Best Editing by the way. There is a Doctor on iTunes whose podcast has been disproving all the criticisms against the DCEU Films for the past 3 years.

It's false that SS was poorly edited because the editor won an Oscar 26 years ago for a different film???

#393 fido

fido

• 15,063 posts

Posted August 19, 2016 - 09:40 PM

How can you "disprove criticism".  Please.  An opinion is just that.  Whether people like it or not, shouldn't affect your enjoyment of something.  It's sad that it has such an effect this flipping off thing happens, or posting of how much money its made is thrown out there (especially by fans who have no stake in it).

By the way, just because someone won an award for editing (or anything really) one movie doesn't mean everything they do after is of the same quality.  That point is completely moot.

#394 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,992 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted August 20, 2016 - 06:42 AM

Like folks are professionals. Choppy? Edits? Make up? Come on now, just like the movie or dont. Move on.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, August 21, 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#395 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted August 20, 2016 - 08:30 PM

smh

ap1.png

#396 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 21, 2016 - 07:44 AM

Suicide Squad Wins 3rd Weekend In A Row At Box Office

suicide-squad-harley-quinn-elevator-scen

David Ayer‘s Suicide Squad is looking to steal another #1 spot at the box office this weekend. That would put the Warner Bros./DC Comics film in elite competition in 2016 since only DeadpoolZootopiaThe Jungle Book, and Finding Dory have managed to hold off newcomers for the top spot three weekends in a row. In other words, it’s a feat that neither Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice or Captain America: Civil War could manage this year. ''

suicide-squad-margot-robbie-slice-600x20

http://collider.com/...m_medium=social

Daniel Eliesen ‏@Daniel_Eliesen  59m

#SuicideSquad brings in $20.7M. 3rd straight weekend on top. Domestic total at $262M. How do you like them apples ?

:glasses:

Edited by Majesty, August 21, 2016 - 07:48 AM.

• Mr Terrific likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#397 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,759 posts

Posted August 21, 2016 - 09:33 AM

There It Is Again!!!!

#398 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted August 21, 2016 - 10:49 AM

I saw it last night and I enjoyed it. Deadshot, Harley and Mr. J are standouts obviously. Waller and Flag were dope despite causing their own problem. The main "villains" were weak and some scenes had unnecessary music. Overall though, I definitely had fun with it.

• Mr Terrific and Majesty like this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#399 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,546 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 21, 2016 - 02:39 PM

It sorta seems like bad cosplay but I like the looks stylistically.

I was wrong

#400 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted August 21, 2016 - 06:13 PM

I don't get all the fuss about this. It was mildly entertaining. Just one of those where you see it once and move on and probably never give it a second look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users