Photo

Lakers vs Nuggets: Sunday 11/23/14 - 6:30pm PST

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2014 - 11:34 PM

2eaqf6s.jpg

steve.gif

6:30 PM

Watch on ALT, TWSN

Edited by Majesty, November 22, 2014 - 11:34 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,396 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted November 22, 2014 - 11:50 PM

Don't let Ty or Nate run all over us please Jeremy and Ronnie!!!!!!

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,220 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:08 AM

I could see us winning this game. 

• PuigNotLate likes this

#4 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,259 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:21 AM

What an odd gif choice, lol.
  • PuigNotLate likes this

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:51 AM

Don't let Ty or Nate run all over us please Jeremy and Ronnie!!!!!!

Games winnable if we defend the pick and roll finishes of Faried and guard the perimeter against their wings.  

If those two things don't happen the Nuggets can spoil.  They're a 'spoiler' team.    Can't waltz into this game saying "ah we beat Atlanta and Houston we can beat them."  That beatdown at the hands of Dallas hopefully humbled them a bit and they come out and remain focused. 

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2014 - 01:51 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#6 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,620 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 23, 2014 - 04:55 AM

Games winnable if we defend the pick and roll finishes of Faried and guard the perimeter against their wings.  

If those two things don't happen the Nuggets can spoil.  They're a 'spoiler' team.    Can't waltz into this game saying "ah we beat Atlanta and Houston we can beat them."  That beatdown at the hands of Dallas hopefully humbled them a bit and they come out and remain focused. 

This post pretty much sums up your hopelessly optimistic perspective of this team.  Denver is not a "spoiler".  What is their record?  What is ours?  How many PPG do we give up?  We had some hot shooting against Atlanta that probably is not sustainable., it was a law of averages game, thats all.   Houston was without Dwight.  We won the Charlotte game, we got lucky in the other two wins.  Dont make 3 wins into anything glorious or miss the fact that we could just as easily be 1-12 right now.

How about some real analysis rather than wishful thinking?  We will need to actually play some perimeter defense to win this one, because their guards- Lawson and Robinson- can and like to penetrate and there is no one at the rim to stop them.  A win COULD happen but their strengths unfortunately exploit our glaring weaknesses.  Hill needs to stay in the paint and keep Faried off the O boards for easy put backs.  Ans Kobe needs to pass the ball to an open team mate occasionally.

Debbie Downer

#7 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 1,058 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2014 - 09:38 AM

Denver sucks. This is a winnable game.

#8 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 23, 2014 - 10:49 AM

DENVER is favored by 1 point, expected to be a very high scoring game.  I expected LAL to be favored for the first time this year but I guess we'll have to wait for the Sixers game.  

Lakers in a MUST WIN situation here.  This will be a real downer for the Lakers to lose this game to Denver in front of the home crowd at Staples.   They NEED to win this game.  I also think it's time to consider moving Byron Scott along if the Lakers don't win tonight or show huge improvement on defense.

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

• 43,298 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 11:11 AM

I could see us winning this game. 

Denver's kinda a bipolar team. Sometimes they decide to play decent to hard while other times they just flat out quit on Shaw. Might just depend really on what their mindset is for tonight.

• Azazello likes this

yo.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:54 PM

This post pretty much sums up your hopelessly optimistic perspective of this team.  Denver is not a "spoiler".  What is their record?  What is ours?  How many PPG do we give up?  We had some hot shooting against Atlanta that probably is not sustainable., it was a law of averages game, thats all.   Houston was without Dwight.  We won the Charlotte game, we got lucky in the other two wins.  Dont make 3 wins into anything glorious or miss the fact that we could just as easily be 1-12 right now.

And don't take the close losses as anything to worry about or we could be 5-7 right now.   

It goes both ways. 

It is funny how you would likely bash the team for having a close game cause they couldn't close it out and then would turn around and say not to put stock in close victories as it could have easily gone the other way.  It could have easily gone the other way in close losses as well but you'd rather state what "is" whenever we lose, and what "could have been" when we win.   

Your bias is showing. 

Anyway Denver IS a spoiler team. 

They are coming off a 3 game winning streak(winning 4 of their last 5) that saw them beat Indiana by 21, Cleveland by 11 and the Pelicans by 20.    But they are also the same team that lost by 16 to the Knicks, 27 to Portland, 22 to Sacramento and 11 to OKC who they then beat by 7.  

So yes, Denver is a spoiler team.

That is "real" analysis.  

If the Lakers want to win this game they'll have to stop the Faried pick and roll and defend the perimeter against Denvers wings who can get hot from there if you let them, Randy Foye has been inconsistent, but if you let him get going there will be trouble, you also have Wilson Chandler, Gallo and of course Lawson but his damage is gonna be done on dribble penetration, I'd say Mosgov but amazingly the Lakers have defended 'post ups' rather well this year, but pick and roll badly. 

Both of our weaknesses that were exploited in the Dallas game(penetration and back cuts, and defending the perimeter on drive and dishes and switches) are both things Denver can exploit in huge ways as that is their game.  They just don't have the talent to do it consistently enough to be a playoff team, but they have the talent to do it consistently enough to beat us if we let them.  

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#11 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:59 PM

Ty Lawson always kills us. Contain him and you put yourself in a good position to win the game, let him run wild and the game will get out of hand quickly.

• Majesty likes this

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 01:46 PM

Ed Davis may start tonight. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#13 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,620 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 23, 2014 - 02:08 PM

And don't take the close losses as anything to worry about or we could be 5-7 right now.   

It goes both ways. 

It is funny how you would likely bash the team for having a close game cause they couldn't close it out and then would turn around and say not to put stock in close victories as it could have easily gone the other way.  It could have easily gone the other way in close losses as well but you'd rather state what "is" whenever we lose, and what "could have been" when we win.   

Your bias is showing. 

Anyway Denver IS a spoiler team. 

They are coming off a 3 game winning streak(winning 4 of their last 5) that saw them beat Indiana by 21, Cleveland by 11 and the Pelicans by 20.    But they are also the same team that lost by 16 to the Knicks, 27 to Portland, 22 to Sacramento and 11 to OKC who they then beat by 7.  

So yes, Denver is a spoiler team.

That is "real" analysis.  

If the Lakers want to win this game they'll have to stop the Faried pick and roll and defend the perimeter against Denvers wings who can get hot from there if you let them, Randy Foye has been inconsistent, but if you let him get going there will be trouble, you also have Wilson Chandler, Gallo and of course Lawson but his damage is gonna be done on dribble penetration, I'd say Mosgov but amazingly the Lakers have defended 'post ups' rather well this year, but pick and roll badly. 

Both of our weaknesses that were exploited in the Dallas game(penetration and back cuts, and defending the perimeter on drive and dishes and switches) are both things Denver can exploit in huge ways as that is their game.  They just don't have the talent to do it consistently enough to be a playoff team, but they have the talent to do it consistently enough to beat us if we let them.  
o

Bias?  My analysis and conclusions are based in fact, not wishful thinking.  I admire the heck out of your optimism but even you at some point have to acknowledge the flawed product and then deal with the who and how that product was created.

Debbie Downer

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Bias?  My analysis and conclusions are based in fact, not wishful thinking.  I admire the heck out of your optimism but even you at some point have to acknowledge the flawed product and then deal with the who and how that product was created.

If you think I have blind optimism then you haven't seen a single thing I've said in game day threads or even what I write.

Blind optimism would be picking us to beat Denver easily.  

Actual analysis is saying that Denver can beat us if we don't do certain things and saying the streak they're on and why we shouldn't approach this game unfocused and hoping the beatdown at the hands of the Mavs humbled them that they don't come out lackadaisical cause it's Denver and that if we don't stop Faried's pick and roll as well as defending their perimeter wings we could find ourselves in a hole real quick.  

If you actually followed anything I've said in the gameday threads, blind optimism and "not acknowledging the flawed product" is the last thing you'd use to describe what my thoughts have been. 

It's very easy to stereotype me as the blind optimist cause I'm not always doom and gloom, but if you actually read what I've said this year, particularly in the game threads themselves you may find that I just find different ways to be critical and analytic without going Linkin Park. 

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#15 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,796 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 23, 2014 - 02:52 PM

We can beat the Nuggets just as much as they can beat us. It's a 50-50 game. The battle of the losers. I'd give a slight edge to the team with Kobe Bryant, however.

#16 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 23, 2014 - 03:05 PM

New drinking game....whenever Kobe jacks up a really bad shot.

And whenever the lakers get totally burned on defense.

Please dont drink and drive though...you'll be hammered

• Azazello likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#17 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,457 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2014 - 03:12 PM

New drinking game....whenever Kobe jacks up a really bad shot.

And whenever the lakers get totally burned on defense.

Please dont drink and drive though...you'll be hammered

Omg
You would have alchohal poisoning at the end of the 1st quarter

#18 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 2,066 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted November 23, 2014 - 04:25 PM

as long as kobe is not very desperate to chase his 28 points average. The game will be fine.

• Azazello likes this

2449wqt.jpg

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,837 posts

Posted November 23, 2014 - 04:36 PM

as long as kobe is not very desperate to chase his 28 points average. The game will be fine.

You're basically asking Kobe not to score. 

Listen to what you just said.  You're basically saying you don't want Kobe to score 28. 

That would be the same as saying Anthony Davis chases his 26 point average. 

But I tell you what, if the Lakers are clicking on all cylinders Kobe won't have to score 28.     

If the team is behind and slacking, Kobe is going to try to score as much as it takes.  

He doesn't go into games thinking "I gotta score 28 tonight" he goes into games and is willing to score if the rest of the team is slacking and he has to pick up the pace while they're through a rut.  When Kobe himself is in a rut it is up to the team to step up and be aggressive so he doesn't have to force shots anyway to make up for what they aren't doing. 

At the end of the day the answer isn't Kobe's shot selection, it's TEAM defense. 

It is EVERYONE'S job to defend and commit.  If they don't as a team then it doesn't matter if Kobe scores 28 or 81 because we won't win. 

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#20 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 2,066 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted November 23, 2014 - 04:57 PM

You're basically asking Kobe not to score. 

Listen to what you just said.  You're basically saying you don't want Kobe to score 28. 

That would be the same as saying Anthony Davis chases his 26 point average. 

But I tell you what, if the Lakers are clicking on all cylinders Kobe won't have to score 28.     

If the team is behind and slacking, Kobe is going to try to score as much as it takes.  

He doesn't go into games thinking "I gotta score 28 tonight" he goes into games and is willing to score if the rest of the team is slacking and he has to pick up the pace while they're through a rut.  When Kobe himself is in a rut it is up to the team to step up and be aggressive so he doesn't have to force shots anyway to make up for what they aren't doing. 

At the end of the day the answer isn't Kobe's shot selection, it's TEAM defense. 

It is EVERYONE'S job to defend and commit.  If they don't as a team then it doesn't matter if Kobe scores 28 or 81 because we won't win. 

Men, this is not the kobe we knew, the kobe I knew was smart and his FG% is not dropping by 30%, kobe taking a lot of tough shot and he's not making most of them like before. I'm okay if he score 28 points per game like before but now it's different 45 to 30+% is not great. It's atrocious men, he's my favorite player of all time but he's clearly not in his state.

Edited by Drazard, November 23, 2014 - 04:57 PM.

2449wqt.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users