54 replies to this topic

#41 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,260 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 16, 2014 - 06:33 AM

I'd like to present to the LakerNation Court....

Jahil Okafor... 25pts.... 20rebs.... And 3 blks

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2014 - 01:20 AM

And I present Karl Towns Defense 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#43 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,991 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 17, 2014 - 02:24 AM

I'd like to present to the LakerNation Court....

Jahil Okafor... 25pts.... 20rebs.... And 3 blks

Okafor is insane. He also had 2 steals and an assit that game while shooting 10-14.

Still like Towns better, though. He has much more upside defensively and he's more suited for the modern nba offensively with his shooting, passing and high IQ.

#44 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,130 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 11, 2015 - 01:55 PM

Honestly, I really hope the Lakers continue to lose because never before have I been so hyped and excited to acquire viable talent in any recent draft class.  Bigs are hard to come by and both Jahill Okafor and Karl Towns could easily be top 3 picks in recent drafts.

Jahill is simply that classic big man whom has all the basic fundamentals of a retro big.  Has the mindset, physique, and overall abilities of a successful Center.  Haven't seen any prospect at the 5 position like him in awhile.  Not only is he great with his back towards the basket, but he also has the ability to face-up and spot up with that close range jumper.  The freshman already has better footwork and a greater variety of offensive moves than Dwight haha.

Towns on the other hand has all the intangibles that immediately catch your attention being a 7 footer whom is agile, athletic, and has a surprisingly soft touch at the room.  His ability to shoot is just a bonus that can be further worked on and developed.

As a Laker fan, I'd be happy if either one fell to us in the draft.  However to draw a direct line between the two, I'd take Okafor because he seems like an already high IQ player and you almost know for certain the kind of player he'll become and you can already gauge his production.  Town's has all the potential in the world, I just view Okafor as a safer pick.

• DanishLakerFan and lakesh0w like this

#45 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,644 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Clarkson

Posted January 12, 2015 - 06:53 PM

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,991 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 16, 2015 - 01:20 AM

Honestly, I really hope the Lakers continue to lose because never before have I been so hyped and excited to acquire viable talent in any recent draft class.  Bigs are hard to come by and both Jahill Okafor and Karl Towns could easily be top 3 picks in recent drafts.

Jahill is simply that classic big man whom has all the basic fundamentals of a retro big.  Has the mindset, physique, and overall abilities of a successful Center.  Haven't seen any prospect at the 5 position like him in awhile.  Not only is he great with his back towards the basket, but he also has the ability to face-up and spot up with that close range jumper.  The freshman already has better footwork and a greater variety of offensive moves than Dwight haha.

Towns on the other hand has all the intangibles that immediately catch your attention being a 7 footer whom is agile, athletic, and has a surprisingly soft touch at the room.  His ability to shoot is just a bonus that can be further worked on and developed.

As a Laker fan, I'd be happy if either one fell to us in the draft.  However to draw a direct line between the two, I'd take Okafor because he seems like an already high IQ player and you almost know for certain the kind of player he'll become and you can already gauge his production.  Town's has all the potential in the world, I just view Okafor as a safer pick.

I like this assessment, although i'd go with Towns.

I love Okafor and i think he's likely to be a better version of Al Jefferson, but i like the upside and defense of Towns.

#47 NomisR

NomisR

Rookie

• 597 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Byrant

Posted January 30, 2015 - 09:21 AM

I like this assessment, although i'd go with Towns.

I love Okafor and i think he's likely to be a better version of Al Jefferson, but i like the upside and defense of Towns.

I'm with you, I would prefer Towns over Okafor.  After Shaq and then Dwight, i'm a bit tired of a center that can't shoot FT, which means he's useless during crunch time.  Towns being in foul trouble's a bit concerning but overall, he seems to understand the same and have great positioning.  With his size and length, and with Kareem on the sideline, maybe he can develop into another Kareem with the Sky hook.  

And he's from the same HS as Andrew Bynum.. 

#48 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,970 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 01, 2015 - 07:00 AM

KAT is really coming into his own. 

11 games in the 37 days and then - cut down the nets

The ignore feature is a healthy alternative to feeding trolls. 

#49 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 03, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Kaminsky looked good too.

no

no

#50 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 03, 2015 - 08:31 PM

Towns has crazy high potential, I like him over okafor

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts

Posted March 03, 2015 - 08:59 PM

no

no

kaminsky dropped 31/8 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#52 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,970 posts

Posted March 04, 2015 - 05:52 AM

KAT took over last night in a tough road test.  Really showed poise (when WCS could not be relied upon.)   WCS continues to come and go on offense, while KAT rounds into form.   #WeAreUK

• 43,104 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 06:13 PM

Will Towns put on a show tonight?

yo.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts

Posted March 19, 2015 - 08:34 PM

Will Towns put on a show tonight?

21/11/3 so ... I guess so >_> 

#55 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,970 posts

Posted March 21, 2015 - 02:14 PM

#WeAreUK

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users