32 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 17, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Well one of the most antipicated game of the year is out (assuming you guys read this on or after Nov 18th).  Am I excited for this game? Ofcourse mainly because I love Far Cry 3.  From the gameplay and from people who already have it early said that it is pretty much exactly like Far Cry 3. The only difference is better graphics obviously, bigger map and you get to ride elephants. Yes there is a co-op missions also but I will pretty much going to play single player most of the time.  So if any of you guys are expecting something totally different than the previous game, you won't find any. It is a bad thing and a good thing. The Good thing is I love Far Cry 3 and I don't really care to see much changes for the next game. THe bad thing is I was hoping to see something more different and interesting. You pretty much buying Far Cry 3.5.  The same outpost and mechanics and buttons. 

Now you might have noticed I put a warning for anybody who is planning on buying this game on PC.  I was almost about to get it on PC but from what I heard the PC port will suck a LOT. There are many reasons why a lot of games lately have sh****ty PC port. Most of the developers is trying to work harder on the "next gen aka current gen consoles" and doesn't really concentrate on PC ports.  The main reason why I heard the PC port for this game sucks is because of our lovely Ubisoft.  There are already complaints that the game doesn't even work at all. We all know even if you buy it off on steam you have to access your Ubisoft program to play it. Some people already complain about losing the key code to even open up the game.  So I decided to buy it on my PS4.   I told myself I will never buy any Ubisoft game on Steam and so far I did pretty well.  If you guys are PC elitist and hate consoles go ahead. I'm just warning you that even if you have the top of the line PC, the port will suck and it wont even use your graphics card to its fullest protential.  

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 17, 2014 - 08:13 AM

Cant wait for this game already got it preorder and gonna pick it up tomorrow when I can. This and Dragon Age Inquisition are the games that will keep me busy for the next few months.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 17, 2014 - 08:28 AM

Graphics is same like 3 tbh.

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 08:49 AM

^^^ Yea from what I have seen there doesn't seem to be a huge jump in graphics but Far cry 3 was a very good looking game so its not a bad thing. This is a problem with these cross gen games though, they don't get the most graphics fidelity for the next gen versions at times. However, graphics are just a small part of a game, this looks like it took the crazy fun game play of far cry 3 to a new level and that is what made me really like far cry 3.

• Bjork likes this

#5 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 09:03 AM

^^^ Yea from what I have seen there doesn't seem to be a huge jump in graphics but Far cry 3 was a very good looking game so its not a bad thing. This is a problem with these cross gen games though, they don't get the most graphics fidelity for the next gen versions at times. However, graphics are just a small part of a game, this looks like it took the crazy fun game play of far cry 3 to a new level and that is what made me really like far cry 3.

I'm pretty sure the story will be incredible but after what happened to Unity i'd rather wait. Ubisoft needs to step up. They're becoming the new EA now.

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 09:28 AM

I'm pretty sure the story will be incredible but after what happened to Unity i'd rather wait. Ubisoft needs to step up. They're becoming the new EA now.

Actually all the reviews say the game is a lot of fun and a great experience but the story leads much to be desired. This shouldn't be a surprise because Ubisoft has never had strong story telling abilities in my opinion. Far Cry 3 was a great game, but the story there was very unoriginal, the foreigner coming to save a society from an oppressive force has been played out since the Wizard of Oz.

Most Ubisoft games are lousy at telling a story but are great at allowing you to experience the game, which to me is the most important part of a game.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 17, 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 10:21 AM

First Watch Dogs, then Unity. Now Far Cry 4?

I love Far Cry 3 (and I have also played 1&2) but I won't pre-order or day-one-order any Ubisoft games for the next few months, maybe years.

I'd be careful about buying it on consoles, too.

I just checked reviews on Steam and other websites and it looks like this isn't going to be buggy as Unity or WD.

Let's hope they're right.

Edited by Kobe-Wan Kenobi, November 17, 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 11:39 AM

^^ Day one games always scare me with bugs. I never will understand how a company can ship a game and it have so many problems. While I will be picking this up day one luckily I wont be playing it day one. I will also being picking up DA inquisition tomorrow and will play through that first than will sink my teeth into Farcry 4 so if there are any problems hopefully they will be resolved by then.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 17, 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#9 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm picking up the game at gamestop this Friday even though I preordered it. I'll trade in my COD advanced warfare to get this.  Almost done with the single campaign and I couldn't care less about the multiplayer so I wont be paying full price for FC4 anyway.  Hopefully there won't be any bugs even though I'm planning on playing it this weekend.

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Ubisoft is already becoming EA.  The three headed monster in the gaming industry are EA, Activision and Ubisoft.  Ironically they are the three biggest game distributors out there. Those companies will find ways to make as much money as they can without caring for any of their consumers.

• Bjork likes this

#11 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts

Posted November 17, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Ubisoft is already becoming EA.  The three headed monster in the gaming industry are EA, Activision and Ubisoft.  Ironically they are the three biggest game distributors out there. Those companies will find ways to make as much money as they can without caring for any of their consumers.

Ubisoft is like a Child between Activision in its worst days and EA in is worst days.

#12 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 18, 2014 - 01:26 AM

I really liked Ubisoft around the early 2000's. Looks like they are falling off, but no one will take the throne from EA. After they have killed off all those great studios.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 08:56 AM

I really liked Ubisoft around the early 2000's. Looks like they are falling off, but no one will take the throne from EA. After they have killed off all those great studios.

As bad as EA is they do put out some games that are very enjoyable. Don't forget Bioware is EA and most recently they have given a great bioshock and I just started playing DA Inquisition which has been amazing so far. 

All big gaming companies want to milk money from you, but guys lets be honest here that's every business everywhere. You think there are companies out there that sell things and are like lets give the consumer the cheapest thing possible? Hell no, they want to mark up as much as they can while still being competitive in the market. Just with gaming your starting to see an oligopoly because there are a few big stuidos that now have season passes with everything and DLC with everything. If they wanted they could start selling games for 75 bucks a pop and it would still move units for the simple fact studios everywhere would bump their price up.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 18, 2014 - 08:56 AM.

• Чад and PuigNotLate like this

#14 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts

Posted November 18, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Man, I really want to play DAI. That game looks great, but Bioware always brings the pain for me. The only game they have made that I didn't really care for was DA2. That game took a step back for that franchise.

I'm getting FC4 for the One today.  :bounce: 

#15 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 18, 2014 - 09:29 PM

Gonna get it soon. Was a huge fan of Far Cry 3

I'm getting a 5 grand check in the next month so I'm gonna buy so many games I've been slipping on. I've hardly played my PS4 the last couple of months.

#16 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 20, 2014 - 09:19 AM

I knew it!   Did you guys check out some videos of the PC version of this game? The port sucks.  Check out totalbiscuit or something when he did a test of the port for PC.  The frame rate drops like crazy if you driving or moving too fast in the game. I picked this game up last night on my PS4 and it is smooth like butter.  Obviously if you have a sick graphics card then the resolution will be amazing but for a frame rate to freezed a bit if you drive too fast or move to fast there is no excuse for it.  So my warning was correct.  PC elitist should be aware of buying this game on PC.  Ubisoft is not good at porting games to PC.

#17 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 02:06 AM

Far Cry 3 ran fine on my comp and so did ACBF. That's strange that they are having problems on the PC. I've noticed that the two recent' UBI games have been having major problems. Looks like their QQ is going downhill.

#18 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 21, 2014 - 11:17 AM

Far Cry 3 ran fine on my comp and so did ACBF. That's strange that they are having problems on the PC. I've noticed that the two recent' UBI games have been having major problems. Looks like their QQ is going downhill.

two recent? You forgot about Watchdogs?   The past year or so ubisoft suck at porting games.  In fact, you can go buy Far Cry 3 right now on steam for like 7 bucks. SOmetimes it doesn't even work at all. Look at all the rants and comments on that FC3 page on steam.   And i bought Splinter Cell blacklist on steam since it was on sale. I played it and near the end of the story compaign it all of a sudden crash on me. NONE of my games on steam crashed on me yet. I have a pretty nice rig too. Also I bought Assassins Creed liberation several months ago. It didin't crash but on a lot of certain scenes and missions the frame rate dops like a mo fo. None of my other games does it and I set all my games on high to ultra.   I blame ubisoft.

Edited by epicwolf, November 21, 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#19 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 09:39 PM

Ohh, yeah. I did forget Watchdogs. I just feel asleep playing that game, and I forgot everything about it. Ahh, YEAH. It did have a horrible stuttering problem, and that's why I really stopped playing it.  I can sort of understand Ubisoft having problems with optimizing these game for PC's. Everyone has a different setup, but that doesn't excuse them for their piss poor job of doing it.

Splinter Cell ran fine for me. Never had a problem with it, and the same with that AC game you played.

What are your pc specs?

Edited by Chad, November 22, 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#20 DeeZee

DeeZee

Starter

• 4,642 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq.

Posted November 23, 2014 - 12:43 AM

Bought this on Tuesday when it came out for the Xbox One, finally had time to play it today.

Fun game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users