14 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,760 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 10, 2014 - 01:58 PM

Since there is threads for every triple A title, I might as well create this.  First of all, this Assassins Creed game will not be called AC5. Ubisoft actually well get mad if you called it Assassins Creed 5 for some reason. So what are your thoughts on AC5? I watched some early gameplay walkthrough on youtube for the game.  It seems like a nice game but nothing ground breaking and new. You can go through buildings easier now but that's pretty much it. The story seems to be very confusing now. Nothing interesting with the story of the Templars and Abstergo motives and why they picked Arno as the main protagonist during a French revolution. But then again it is still early in the game that I was watching so maybe the story picks up.  Not surprising that they picked the France as this year's location. I mean Ubisoft is a French company anyway. It was about to happen sooner or later.  Will any of you guys going to buy this game or did you guys already bought this game? I am all AC'd out by playing every single AC game that came out but I might buy this game next year when the price drops. Or when the next AC game comes out.  I also heard it is more fun playing the Co-op mission than the single mission.

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 10, 2014 - 02:25 PM

Gonna wait a while to pick this up for the price drop. I enjoyed all of the AC games but they are games you play once and then never pick up again, and for that I can't justify paying 60 bucks for them.

• Biggums, epicwolf and JGuez like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 02:57 AM

2:53

Edited by Kobe-Wan Kenobi, November 13, 2014 - 02:58 AM.

• JGuez likes this

#4 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 09:13 AM

The 2 reviews I've read have been kind of disappointing so far.

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 09:22 AM

^^ Yea have seen scores in 70's and lower. The only big addition I see is the customization you have for your assassin which I think is really cool. Other than that game looks the same, sure it has multiplayer co-op but that is probably something I will never play (unless share play works with it)

#6 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 13, 2014 - 10:42 AM

Paying 60+ bucks for an unfinished game is unacceptable.

Ubisoft is the new EA.

• epicwolf likes this

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Been seeing scores of 8 and the game is amazing. Some people seem to experience these bugs while others haven't apparently. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#8 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 05:37 AM

"We need to get this 60$ customers to be 200$ customers"

Not-bad-GIF.gif

#9 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 07:38 AM

Been seeing scores of 8 and the game is amazing. Some people seem to experience these bugs while others haven't apparently. 

From the reviews that I have read with lower scores nothing was even mentioned of bugs. Problems come with yet another stale main character, and another weak story fueled basically by revenge. I wouldnt really care too much about these things but if your a single player game where the devs can choose anywhere in history where to put the story how the hell do you not craft a good story and an interesting main character? The last three assassins have been terrible character wise. Conor, Kenway, and apparently now Arno all stale one dimensional characters it really shows Ubisofts inability to put together a good story and interesting characters. I mean this should not be surprising many of Ubisoft games have a weak story or protagonist but the games are propped up by the gameplay. Nothing is wrong with this but when you dont change gameplay too much and on top of that have the time to craft a great story but fall short it makes one loose faith in the studio.

• epicwolf and Kobe-Wan Kenobi like this

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 10:58 AM

The way they create Assassins creed and able to make it an annual franchise (which I still think is the stupidest thing ever)  is that they have many departments working on the game. Usually games take atleast 2 to 3 years to develop in order to be a complete game. Ubisoft is such a big company that they have small different companies under ubisoft that can work on a same franchise at the same time.  They started working on Trinity back in 2012 while other ubisoft company work on AC4 and put it out in 2013.  It seems to me like they eaither stop working on Trinity because they are not familiar with the PS4 yet or they wanted to see how much profits AC4 made so they got lazy.  It seems like an unfinished game to me. Doesn't look next gen at all even on PC version. Sure you can put 100s of crowds in the game but if there is lack of story, character development and glitches all over the place, people don't spend 60 bucks so they can see a bunch of people in a crowd. 

Edited by epicwolf, November 14, 2014 - 10:58 AM.

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

#11 epicwolf

epicwolf

• 3,760 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 11:01 AM

Their sale point for AC trinity is "we can put large crowds in a game! See how sick it looks"  thats it.

#12 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted November 14, 2014 - 06:14 PM

Do you get another boat in this one? Sailing was one of my favorite parts of Black Flag.

#13 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted November 15, 2014 - 02:14 AM

Do you get another boat in this one? Sailing was one of my favorite parts of Black Flag.

Nope. No sea, no boats. They are back to "landlocked" AC.

I haven't played Black Flag yet (I'm waiting for Steam Sales to pick it up) but I have heard nice things about its gameplay. Unity is different, though. No pirates and back to "stealth", like in the previous games. Ubisoft should have probably used Black Flag to change the AC franchise and put new stuff into the games.

• JGuez likes this

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 15, 2014 - 02:15 AM

Revenge story at times, making up for your own mistakes in others.  

I actually really like the story in this one actually. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts

Posted February 10, 2015 - 10:44 AM

Finally picking this up. Got it off amazon used for 21 bucks plus shipping. Thats about the amount I am happy with spending on a game that you play once and then it sits on your shelf forever. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 10, 2015 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users