5 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 02, 2014 - 05:56 PM

It's the Chase in nascar. That's there playoffs. Everyone's racing for the Cup. Gordon and Kaselowski are in the final 8. Gordon led 43 straight laps till Kaselowski rubbed him on a high turn (which doesn't break a rule but is tabu and rarely ever not done. It blew Gordon's tire. Gordon finished 29th and Kaselowski 4th. As a result Gordon fell from 1st in the Chase points standings to 4th. This was the fall out after it all ended.

Edited by LakersGAFan, November 02, 2014 - 06:05 PM.

• -Wade- likes this

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted November 02, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Don't have ESPN anymore, so I don't know if they are making a big deal out of this. But regardless other outlets are quick to target NBA fights, I wonder how they view these.

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,558 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 02, 2014 - 11:39 PM

Just looks like a bunch of rednecks hugging each other 

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,219 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 03, 2014 - 10:42 AM

Don't have ESPN anymore, so I don't know if they are making a big deal out of this. But regardless other outlets are quick to target NBA fights, I wonder how they view these.

ESPN is making a big deal of it. Feature story over Manning vs Brady SNF. But if anyone knows anything about racing Gordon is right. 

While its true Kaselowski  did whatever it took to gain the advantage what he did wasnt safe. 

People die in racing. Drivers know passing by splitting between a outside lane car whos on the bank while another car hugs the inside causes draft and danger. Its not supposed to be done. Its not illegal because a pass is a pass. And of course accidents happen. but when your dealing with a $500k cars is equip and sponsor money the drivers understand its a business and not driving reckless benefits everyone.

Just looks like a bunch of rednecks hugging each other 

Thats ignant bro.

Jeff Gordon is from Vallejo CA, the North Bay Area where E40 and Mac Dre grew up. His fav artist is Ludacris and Snoop. V-Town is a typical Cali hood. Ive met Gordon...tottaly regular CA dude. He even likes to Surf.

Brad Kaselowski is from Rochester MI, which is Northern Detroit. Its pretty much yuppieville. Beamers and Porches, yachts and mansions. All big homes. They coulda filmed 90210 Part 2 there. So hes more like a valley girl. Its actually hometown of Madonna so go figure...lol. Of course its also only 1 hour from where Malcom X grew up. 40 mins from Motown head quarters and M University.. So its a melting pot.
Most of the crew that you see...those guys are skilled participants also. Most are in school studying engineering, physics, aerodynamics, etc. Its not just a bunch of coors light drinking yeehaw mechanics they picked up on a farm somewhere. Just saying. 

code_zpsj83hyqrt.jpg

#5 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 03, 2014 - 06:03 PM

theres so much more that goes into nascar racing that is more than "left turns". My father *whitie* raised me on local short tracks... i love attending races.. there's something about smelling high octane fuel in the air that just brings the man out of you lol

ap1.png

#6 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,548 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 27, 2014 - 02:05 PM

Love NASCAR as much as I love the Lakers.

Glad Harvick won it instead of one of the Penske weasels. Can't wait until Daytona!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NASCAR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users