#21 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts
  • Name:Swift
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:45 PM

I appreciate your positivity and different perspective on things but Lin will always be known as one thing:

An overrated scrub.

He will not be known as an overrated scrub. He has already cemented himself in the history books by having the best 7 games as a starter by beating out three legends (Magic, I.Thomas, Stockton, hell, even Jordan and all the other legends you can name)

Came off the bench to score a Triple Double that hasn't been achieved since the late 80's

Broke a road game house record of 9 three pointers in a single game for Rockets.

Scored 38 points against two elite teams.

Was 2nd after Lebron scoring points in the paint last year.

3rd highest scoring back court in the NBA last season with Harden.

Yes, please call him an overrated scrub. It's not as if he hasn't fought tooth and nail to achieve those insane achievements. Kwame Brown was chosen 1st round 1st pick and he came nowhere to achieving what Lin has.  Not by a long shot.  A bust is a bust.

Lin was one of the reason why Houston went to the playoff two years in a row. Asik, Lin and Parson.   Harden is not this crazy superstar who took the team to the playoff alone.

• Majesty likes this

#22 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts
  • Name:Swift
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted November 04, 2014 - 01:06 AM

All of which I've stated above is historical facts.

Today is now and Lin is not up to his usual self.  He'll need to get out of this crazy funk he is. I expect a crazy game from Lin tonight.

Edited by Swift, November 04, 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#23 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted November 04, 2014 - 01:35 AM

Sure, let's blame the poor guy for only taking six shot attempts and came up cold.  Lord knows, he was supposed to be Mr. Super shot maker and make all his shots. All six of it.  I'm missing all my shots so I'm going to toss it over to Jeremy Lin and have him score a couple...OH MY GOD, He's not making his shot. ARGGHHH!!    Fans are ridiculous.

There's a problem here that will plague the team. Kobe is given free reigns to take every shot he wants and usually never gets the slack for it but his teammates goes 0-5 and suddenly, that player is the reason why they lost the game.

That's bad, bad team chemistry building. It screws with a player's head when another player takes a bunch of shot and then suddenly, one pass comes their way, or they decide to take an good open shot and they miss. They will always have it in the back of their head that they were supposed to make the shot and becomes magnified 10x when they miss shots they thought they were supposed to make even if they only took 5 or 6 shots attempt.

I was playing Basketball over the weekend  and took only two shots attempt and we lost but my stupid friends spent the entire night blaming me for missing two open shots while also blaming me for not taking more shots. Damn if I do and damn if I don't.

I don't shoot. That's my style of game. I just like to pass and see someone else make the shot and get the points. I am the team PG for a reason.

He needs to have that Kobe/Lillard mentality, I will shot 15 even if i miss 9 of them. In order for him to be effective, sometimes he has to shoot enough so people will guard him, and the more you shot, the more it will come to you in the latter half.  If you are cold and just don't shoot, good players will pick that up and just block all your passing lanes.  which is why Lin had a lot of TO near end game, other side know he will pass so they are just more ready for his passes.  A lot of fans have been calling him out on this, and so did the haters. They are right about one thing, Lin needs to shoot more to keep himself an offensive threat, instead trying to pass everytime when he is 0-5 or 0-6 on the floor.   

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#24 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,774 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 08:06 AM

Lin's problem has always been consistency. You can't depend on a guy who scores 38 points one night and backs that up with multiple subpar performances.

He has no excuses. Kobe's given him the green light. Be aggressive. Attack the basket. Control the offense. 

So many fans started overrating Lin before he even played a game. I don't care about a couple of great performances. Let's see what he does now, and if he can do it consistently.

#25 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Jeremy Lin and Boozer

Posted November 04, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Suns are favored by 6.5 points, total is 213 points.   Expect another HIGH SCORING game!

Please "Like" my comments if you agree.

#26 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 12:30 PM

It'll be funny if we lose today. I wonder what the excuses will be.

Tuesdays were never good game days?

#27 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,154 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 04, 2014 - 12:33 PM

If the Lakers win, the Democrats keeps the senate.

If the Laker lose, the Repbulicans take the senate.

• DeeZee likes this

#28 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 12:44 PM

"Father Time is Undefeated"   sounds appropriate to explain anything & everything!  LOL

It'll be funny if we lose today. I wonder what the excuses will be.

Tuesdays were never good game days?

#29 Larsv8

Larsv8

Rookie

• 24 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2014 - 01:01 PM

i like Lin. but this season's off and on games are so frustrating. 

maybe he go back to the bench as the 6th man. he has little chemistry with Kobe and Boozer. and the bench sucks once the starters sit. 

just start Kobe(PG)/Ellington/Wesley/Boozer/Jordan

then

Lin/Clarkson/Davis/Henry/Kelly

#30 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,154 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 04, 2014 - 01:05 PM

i like Lin. but this season's off and on games are so frustrating. 

maybe he go back to the bench as the 6th man. he has little chemistry with Kobe and Boozer. and the bench sucks once the starters sit. 

just start Kobe(PG)/Ellington/Wesley/Boozer/Jordan

then

Lin/Clarkson/Davis/Henry/Kelly

Kobe cannot play PG ever again. He risks injury and it will tire him. We tried that last year,

#31 LakersCeb

LakersCeb

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2014 - 01:46 PM

I do hope kobe get will have an above 50% shooting night. If he does that, we will surely win

#32 CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

CLIPPERS_RUN_LA

Rookie

• Banned
  • 688 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 03:09 PM

Should Linsanity take the last shot, if it comes to that?  

Kobe has simply not been clutch in the 4th quarter.  I think that Lin and Hill need to increase their shot attempts, get into the paint more, and this club needs to get into transition.   This Suns team is VERY talented let me tell you.  tough game tonight, this will be a HUGE win for the Lakers if they can find a way to win.

#33 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• Banned
  • 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted November 04, 2014 - 03:11 PM

Sure, let's blame the poor guy for only taking six shot attempts and came up cold.  Lord knows, he was supposed to be Mr. Super shot maker and make all his shots. All six of it.  I'm missing all my shots so I'm going to toss it over to Jeremy Lin and have him score a couple...OH MY GOD, He's not making his shot. ARGGHHH!!    Fans are ridiculous.

There's a problem here that will plague the team. Kobe is given free reigns to take every shot he wants and usually never gets the slack for it but his teammates goes 0-5 and suddenly, that player is the reason why they lost the game.

That's bad, bad team chemistry building. It screws with a player's head when another player takes a bunch of shot and then suddenly, one pass comes their way, or they decide to take an good open shot and they miss. They will always have it in the back of their head that they were supposed to make the shot and becomes magnified 10x when they miss shots they thought they were supposed to make even if they only took 5 or 6 shots attempt.

I was playing Basketball over the weekend  and took only two shots attempt and we lost but my stupid friends spent the entire night blaming me for missing two open shots while also blaming me for not taking more shots. Damn if I do and damn if I don't.

I don't shoot. That's my style of game. I just like to pass and see someone else make the shot and get the points. I am the team PG for a reason.

All I said was that Lin played like crap. I love Lin BUT he needs to play better. Spacing would help him get to the rims a ton.

He needs to be consistent, thats all

#34 kozmo

kozmo

Rookie

• Banned
  • 1,252 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:kone

Posted November 04, 2014 - 03:12 PM

and all this "he's a scrub" stuff is nonsense

• DeeZee likes this

#35 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,054 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 04, 2014 - 04:25 PM

He's a glorified backup PG, who had a good month.  That's it.

I love how people support a player based on what they've done, not what they're doing now.

Anyway, yet another game where the Lakers have to hope the Suns fail at their plan.  That's how the Lakers will pull out wins this season.

• CLIPPERS_RUN_LA likes this

#36 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 407 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 04, 2014 - 04:49 PM

If the Lakers win, the Democrats keeps the senate.

If the Laker lose, the Repbulicans take the senate.

So a lose lose situation for Republicans who support the Lakers?

#37 fido

fido

• 15,054 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 05:31 PM

And either way the Senate is a bogged down place filled with morons who couldn't give a crap about yours or my well being.

But I digress...

• Jsmoove and lonlyamongus like this

#38 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 04, 2014 - 06:18 PM

We have the the worst transition defense in the league and we're playing a fast paced team tonight.  Unless something changes, the result is fairly predictable.

• fido likes this

Debbie Downer

#39 fido

fido

• 15,054 posts

Posted November 04, 2014 - 06:22 PM

Oh LakersGeezer, you're just a negative fan who never has anything to neato to say.

:woot:

• LakerGeezer likes this

#40 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 04, 2014 - 06:39 PM

And either way the Senate is a bogged down place filled with morons who couldn't give a crap about yours or my well being.

But I digress...

From a foreign perspective, American politics is morbidly fascinating haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users