808 replies to this topic

#801 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:26 PM

I'm busting my butt trying to remember which clippers have had their jersey retired?

Clipper "stars" are defined a little differently.  Ron Harper spoke of getting out of jail.  Benoit Benjamin ate a hot dog on the bench once.  Baron Davis swapped racial slurs with the owner during a game.  

• 43,917 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:28 PM

yo.

#803 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Probably not.  But we can also assume that Paul and Reddick wont shoot 30% most games.

We can also assume if healthy that Sacre won't get any minutes most games. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#804 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:02 PM

Probably not.  But we can also assume that Paul and Reddick wont shoot 30% most games.

And we can also assume that Kobe Bryant would attack the basket more often than not and have more than 21 points.

Or that we won't miss the amount of free throws that we did.

Edited by Jackson, November 01, 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#805 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:05 PM

This layup man.

#806 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:47 PM

And we can also assume that Kobe Bryant would attack the basket more often than not and have more than 21 points.

Or that we won't miss the amount of free throws that we did.

My point was that all other things being equal, which they effectively were, we had a couple of guys that performed better than usual which made the game close.  If everyone plays "average", on a give night, we lose to the Clipps by 20.

Our FT% after 3 games is 78%, we were a little under that (71%) last night.  So maybe we make one more.

Kobe is averaging 40% from the field.  Last night he shot ... 40%.  He was a couple points off his average PPG.  Hill was way over, others were too.  Granted, its a small sample size, but not inconsistent with what we know they can do anyway.

So, even on a statistically "good" night for several guys, we are at best competitive with the league's best.

#807 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:49 PM

My point was that all other things being equal, which they effectively were, we had a couple of guys that performed better than usual which made the game close.  If everyone plays "average", on a give night, we lose to the Clipps by 20.

Our FT% after 3 games is 78%, we were a little under that (71%) last night.  So maybe we make one more.

Kobe is averaging 40% from the field.  Last night he shot ... 40%.  He was a couple points off his average PPG.  Hill was way over, others were too.  Granted, its a small sample size, but not inconsistent with what we know they can do anyway.

So, even on a statistically "good" night for several guys, we are at best competitive with the league's best.

No arguing that.

And that is fine by me. I want us to be competitive. and I understand we suck. Hate getting blown out.

#808 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,529 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 01, 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'd be fine with Kobe playing a bit below expectations and other guys playing way above them.

That would be surprising to me

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#809 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted November 01, 2014 - 03:43 PM

Kobe-Jam.gif

tumblr_necjbnL5OL1rktm1go2_500.gif

tumblr_necjbnL5OL1rktm1go1_500.gif

danke

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users